Celtic Fury

It used to be CBS, at least that is what it said in The Rise of the Celtic Navy. What did that stand for?
I thought I said CDS then, but it was supposed to stand for Celtic Despotic Ship.

Hooked. You have great writing skills.:goodjob: Update please. :please::please:

Thank you in advance. :thanx::thanx::thanx:

can you post a big world map of your game with all of the civs labelled, so i can see whats going on better?

a map would help me understand.
I could post a minimap, is that what you want?

Chapter XII: The Scientific Revolution​

Soon after the conclusion of the Aztec-Celtic War, the Celts began a rapid research phase. This research would result in many technological developments never before seen on the planet.

********************​

The city of Alesia was the site of the first of several key developments. As the Celts began to see a massive explosion in City Growth, the builders of these rapidly-growing cities searched for more efficient ways to build homes and weapons. This would be found through factory assembly lines. These factories could be made even more efficient through power plants powered by coal. The new concepts invented in Alesia soon spread throughout the Celtic Empire, though most cities could not spare the necessary laborers to construct these facilities. As the ideas spread, however, more people were intrigued by this concept of Industrialization.

Workers at the First Assembly Line in Alesia

********************​

Over the next several decades, more progress would be made in the development of the Celtic economy. This progress finally culminated with the founding of the first ever Corporation. Soon, there would be more corporations founded as the Celtic Stock Market evolved into a large economic network. This network continued to strengthen the already powerful Celtic economy.

The Modern Day Celtic Stock Market in New York, Province of Asia

********************​

In the Royal Academy of Entremont, a professor by the name of Charles Darwin began research regarding the origin of the human race. He eventually published a book stating his theory that humanity was ultimately able to trace its roots back to apes in the Central African Jungles.

His theories were rejected however, by the academy’s top scientists who remained true to their beliefs that the Celtic Gods had created the universe. Disappointed by his failure to convince nearly anyone of his theories, Darwin began to research for the Celtic Engineering Corps.

********************​

Just a year after he began working for the CEC, Darwin made his first industrial breakthrough. Oil deposits in Celtic Arabia had long been known to exist, however all that anyone could do was burn them. Darwin saw other possible uses though, and after several long months of testing, developed the first method of refining the Oil. His methods were effective and the Celts would soon discover more useful applications for this oil. But Darwin would make one more key discovery…

The Oil Fields in Celtic Arabia

********************​

The Celts had long been masters of the sword. Iron deposits around Entremont guaranteed near-constant use of this key resource. But when gunpowder weapons had become more common in the armies of the world, the Celts were forced to abandon their favorite traditional weapons. The only soldiers who had swords now were members of the Celtic Special Forces (Commonly referred to as Commandos). Iron was also used in the Celtic Railway system, but few other modern uses had been found. Darwin then discovered another revolutionary concept, Steel. By heating Celtic Iron to enormously high temperatures, the Iron was purified into Steel. Steel improved the efficiency of Iron tools drastically. The Industrial Revolution that was Steel swept through the Celtic Homelands and into Europe.

Steel Workers making Steel near Entremont

********************​

Three years after his invention of Steel, Darwin died of old age. His original theory now largely lost in the mists of time, he is remembered to this day as the face of the Celtic Scientific Revolution.
Spoiler :
IT’S BAAAAACK! :D

And now for the comment...
wow, your empire is getting big. All of those civs on greenland look weak, you can prpbabaly fight a few at the same time.
Yeah I could take them down if I wanted to dedicate my navy to the Atlantic but, my troops are going somewhere else... :hammer::mwaha::ar15:

Hey Sparthage! Don't you know that the assembly line in manufacturing wasn't widely until the early 1900's? :nono:
You should have waited until mass production to include an assembly line. :p

Nice update though! :)

Hey Sparthage! Don't you know that the assembly line in manufacturing wasn't widely until the early 1900's? :nono:
[SARCASM]No, Gamez. I failed 7th Grade US History.[/SARCASM] I chose that picture because it's in a factory. Industrialization allows for construction of Factories. Besides, it would be kind of dull to say that somebody drew up blueprints for a factory and that was a signifigant contribution to the scientific community. Also, didn't you know that factories and the such were around in the 1000s ;)
Nice update though! :)
Thanks.

Yes, and settler factories have been used since around 4000BC. :p

Anyway, assembly lines were only implemented into factories around 1900, before that, everybody still kinda did everything, but they did it on machines. That's why replaceable parts should be a prerequisite for industrialization. :mischief:

After you research Scientific Method, start on Atomic Theory and put slider at 0. After ToE completes, you will gain Atomic Theory (because you are researching it), and then you get a free tech. You pick Electronics, because it is the most expensive one and guarantees that you get the Hoover Dam.

Even if you were going for a slingshot with ToE, unless you have an SGL, you can probably get at least one tech before shutting off research.

Top Bottom