Celtic Fury

Hello everyone,

Before you ask: NO, this isn't a proper update for the story. Instead, it's more of an update on my plans for the story. Just a warning beforehand, the explanation is long, and is kinda cheesey, so don't read it unless you don't mind that sort of thing.So here we go...

Obviously, my plans to update by the end of February weren't successful. RL troubles and other distractions kept me from writing beyond what I already had. As the end of that month came closer and closer, I kinda panicked and tried to churn out something for me to use as a conclusion. But no matter what I wrote, the ending just...felt wrong. It seemed too rushed and abrupt, not at all what I've come to expect of myself.

So after trying a few different, quick, endings, I decided that it would be best for me to just plow along the basic outline that I'd already made. But then February 29th came and passed without me having finished the update. For some reason, I was afraid of backlash for my failure to update (which I would have deserved), and I didn't even sign on to CFC for a week or two. I'm not exactly sure why I did that, but when I came back, no posts had been made and no PMs had been sent to me (not exactly a bad thing) about the story.

Despite the lack of thread activity, I kept up my attempts to finish the update, but still wasn't satisfied with what I was writing. So out of frustration, I stopped trying around the thread's second anniversary. Then during spring break, PoP and Toxic made a couple of posts about the state of the story. Obviously I saw them, being the thread author and all, but was again scared out of posting a response because of the usual "angry lurker lynch mob" reason. Finally, I got a visitor message from Toxic this morning:
Toxicman007 said:
Celtic Fury soon, or is it forever lost?
So I was forced to make a decision. Would Celtic Fury be confined to the enormous garbage bin of Civ3 S&T? Or would I keep it up?
Sparthage said:
No, it's not lost; but it is on hiatus. I can't seem to come up with a good ending for the update and I'm taking a break from writing until school is over and my hectic schedule lightens up a bit. Hopefully I'll get it up before September.

When I finish this update, the next one shouldn't be too far behind because I've already got it sorta planned out.
There you have it. This story is officially on hiatus until August or late July at the earliest. I've got a ton of things going on between now and then, but I'll hopefully have something for you guys by the time school starts again.

Without a doubt, Celtic Fury is the biggest thing I've ever done. I started it way back at the end of my Freshman year in High School. Now I'm a Junior looking at colleges and trying to keep his grades up until the end of the year. My how the time has flown by.

So now we've reached the end of this little notice...thingy. I'd like to thank all of you guys for bothering to read the whole story (even the crappy first few chapters), and thank you again for all the compliments that I have seen because of the story. When I first started this thing, I thought that I might get 10,000 readers if I was lucky. Instead, I've gotten over 40,000. That's just amazing.

Again, I apologize for my failings here, and thank you again for all the support.

- Sparthage

P.S. Sorry to any of you guys who saw this and thought it was an actual update. I know that some of you aren't going to be happy about that illusion, but I felt obligated to tell you guys what's going on with the story.

where's captain Watson? i didn't see him in the last update. you should make him the next general :D

Don't know if this is just a giant bump and I shouldn't do this, but I read this entire story over the past week or so and was wondering if there was any chance it might come out of hiatus soon?

Zander, I thought Sparthage updated because of your post ;_;

Anyway, Sparthage, I'm assuming you've given up hope on this amazing game...

Top Bottom