NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution Game Thread

Jht should have at least one more vote, BSmith1068.

"So I may caress her body tonight: Frozen in Ice to johnhughthom"

johnhughthom, because I agree with the dire need for repairs and we'll give Nictel a shot.

Ok - let's be careful not to over vote here... I just want him in the Brig, not over the side.

At this rate he'll be keelhauled.

Ok - let's be careful not to over vote here... I just want him in the Brig, not over the side.

How close are the numbers then, as I haven't voted yet, but don't want to kill him and as others have said, I prefer nictel doing repairs then in the brig.

I think it's 8 to 4, but I'm not completely sure who're the double voters.

I believe it is 8-5 in favor of JHT, not counting secret votes. But it should probably be checked.

Here is my count. I don’t think I have missed anything, but please correct me if I am wrong:

johnhughthom:
7 public votes: (Renata, God Emperor, Classical Hero, Bsmith, Autolycus, Nictel, Earthling)
1 known secret vote: (God Emperor)
Total Votes: 8

Nictel:
6 public votes: (choxorn, Sprig, ATPG, Zack, Frozen in Ice, Methos)
1 known secret vote: (Frozen in Ice)
Total Votes: 7

EDIT: Added Frozen's secret vote for Nictel

Frozen in Ice has a secret vote as well. So Nictel should be at 7 total votes.

EDIT: just added this to the above count.

Does anyone else know who else has secret votes?

That should be it as far as I know, unless someone has something unexpected up their sleeve.

Duke Blackstone has a rifle with +1 vote as well, but he has not voted for either of them.

End Midday Phase Four, Start Night Phase Four

Journal Entry Number Twelve. 20:00 shipboard time.

Let’s wait to the last minute on everything, shall we?

A slow start to the midday ended with the Execution and Inventory Sheet votes being decided at literally the last minute. A careful count of the votes was in order for most of the day, first to jail Nictel, then changed to jail johnhughthom. Except there was a miscalculation some where, and johnhughthom just cleared the threshold needed for sentencing.

Despite the dance floor from the previous night’s party being taken down, and considering people were starting to be very public with their weapons, no one again had the stones to put a bullet between his eyes. The rope used to hang Diamondeye was fetched again and johnhughthom was fitted with the new neckwear. Carefully suspended from the railing and precariously balanced on a chair, the Captain asked if the accused had anything final to say.

“It doesn’t matter what you do! We’re all going to die anyw-”

The ship caught a swell the wrong way and johnhughthom lost his footing on the chair. He plummeted like a rock and his weight was enough to snap his neck as soon as the rope went taut. Everyone was a little shocked at the sudden death of johnhughthom considering no one expected him to fall at that moment. In any event, the crew was sent to the destroyed Sleeping Quarters to search his belongings for clues of his affiliation. When the crew came back empty-handed, it was determined that

Spoiler :
johnhughthom was innocent.

Disappointed with the turn of events, Methos picked up the Inventory Sheet from the night before and headed below decks. The rest of the crew went to the Galley to sleep tonight, as the Sleeping Quarters were in no shape to house anyone. With the ship in tough shape from this afternoon’s attack, it was all hands on deck for the repair of the ship. Undoubtedly the saboteurs would also be about and no one could ignore the threat the Rogues possessed. Undoubtedly, this would be a crucial night for the crew of the Impending Retribution.

~~~​

New Rank Hierarchy:

Final Vote Tally:

Execution:

johnhughthom: 10 (8 players, 2 secret votes)
Nictel: 6 (5 players, 1 secret vote)
Duke Blackstone: 2
Frozen In Ice: 2
Sprig: 2 (1 player, 1 secret vote)
robbiecon: 1

Inventory Sheet:

Methos: 4
Earthling: 3
Renata: 2
landlubber: 1

Quick Note:
  • BSmith1068 made a post after the deadline retracting his vote on johnhughthom. This post was not counted and deleted as to not interfere with the update posts themselves.

It is now Night Phase Four! Remember the subject heading I asked everyone to use: Orders for (Player) for Night Phase Four

It’s now Night. Posting is Closed; DO NOT POST.

Top Bottom