NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution Game Thread

People, if we want to get to the bottom of this, you all need to send to Duke Blackstone, rhawn, me, or whomever it pleases you what exactly you were doing last night.

I’ve changed my mind on a couple of things:

DaveShack; CCRunner. It’s time to find out for good.

I would also like the Monkey Wrench to go to rhawn. He can distribute as necessary to the appropriate repairman that is in need of a tool.

CCRunner or Takhisis would make good lynch candidates for today. For now I'll stick with Takhisis. Rhawncan have the monkey wrench, steel and the key. BSmith . Frozen.

Hi there! As I've posted on a couple other games in the last half hour or so, I went away yesterday (road trip, :woohoo:)and have just come back. So, what's the motives for your vote besides wanting to pressure me a bit, Frozen? If you say that my actions haven't been accounted for, it's because I have taken no action at all at night. Any night.

I spent most of last 'night' discussing the acquisition of a tool for repairs with Izipo. Duke said he could get me a tool for help. Now Izipo's dead, and we're running out of repairmen. :(

I guess I'll take both keys and the wrench (me,rhawn)

Swiss army knife and herbs to BSmith1068 and the blueprints to Frozen In Ice.

I would have liked to hear something from CCRunner. I was busy most of Saturday and it seems many others were. We don't have much to go on here and he's the only lead we have right now.

That, and Paulus.

So tell me, Paulus, how do you feel after taking the Medication?

Did he take any medication, or was he just faking it?

Takhisis my motive for voting you is that I believe you are a saboteur. The fact you are questioning my motives rather than outright denying my charges says a lot I think.

Takhisis my motive for voting you is that I believe you are a saboteur.
Why, exactly? 'I think you're scum' is good for Day One, Day Two, not for late-game.
Frozen In Ice said:
The fact you are questioning my motives rather than outright denying my charges says a lot I think.
Maybe it's because there are no charges except that you don't know any of my Night Actions which, as I've already said and you've conveniently overlooked, there haven't been any.

As for the voting for the short cut, what do you want me to explain? We ran a risk.

If you gave me the wrench I could prove myself then.

While I have no problem giving items to rhawn, note that it'll be a da until he can give them to someone who can use them.

ccrunner
This is true, but in the long run this is a more effective way to make sure the tools get to the appropriate places. Without direction on who should get certain items it is hard to coordinate in public.

Take my example of the monkey wrench – I didn’t know that CH already had an item and didn’t need another one until you posted as such. We also need to make sure that the items go to people we trust. If there is someone out there that is trying to kill off our repairmen, it makes more sense to distribute the items in the background and out of sight.

@Takhisis: why no accusation vote today? You are running out of time to make one…

I thought that the day ended tomorrow, not today… so, it's either CCRunner or classical_hero. Neither's too convincing…

Nope it is almost the end of the midday phase.

Yes, I've already realised that. :( So my wrench vote will be next to worthless.
Classical_hero has said that he had a hunch that a saboteur wa inactive. Could that be PaulusIII? Otheriwse it's CCRunner who has always been on target and has somehow eluded all lynches.

End Midday Phase Twelve, Start Night Phase Twelve

Journal Entry Number Thirty-Six. 20:00 shipboard time.

Time has finally run out.

For CCRunner, that is.

The man accused the most but somehow was still alive finally succumbed to the will of the mob. For days now he had been suspected of being the one who turned the ship around to insurgent waters and they would finally see blood for the action. CCRunner, defiantly silent for the day, must have known the charade was over as he did noting to defend himself. Why bother? It was only a matter of time anyway before they all ran out of ‘real’ suspects to pursue.

The mob surrounded him in the Galley and was unsure of what to do with him. CCRunner’s eyes darted around, looking for the nearest threat to dispatch of. It would seem he wasn’t going down without a fight though mob only sensed his motives at this point. One of them slowly approached him to apprehend him and lead him to the noose, but CCRunner immediately and expertly dispatched him by sending him halfway across the room on his back. With his intentions now clear, the group moved to surround and pin him against the wall. Then with his moves constrained, his hands and feet could be tied and he could be fitted with the well-worn rope.

Except CCRunner detected the plot before it could come to fruition and grabbed the flagpole that resided in one of the room’s corners. Shredding the flag off of its mast and leaving the tattered remains on the ground, the crew gasped its desecration and was incited further. Now armed with a makeshift staff, CCRunner displayed more than proficient skills at warding off the advances of the unarmed mob. The staff moved at blinding speeds, knocking everyone who tried to get near him off his feet. The crew realizing grabbing the guy was useless, so they backed away until they could think of what to do next.

rhawn appeared before the condemned now, hands at his side and pondering as well. CCRunner waved the twirled the staff around in all manners of flips, rolls, and figure eights, demonstrating his mastery of the weapon. CCRunner goaded him on, trying to get into combat with one of those that had accused him. rhawn, tired at the display and looking slightly flustered, pulled out his Silenced Pistol and shot the man dead right then and there. Confident the man was now lifeless, he carefully approached him with his gun still drawn to check his vitals. “He’s gone.”

They now went about trying to figure out just who exactly this guy was. A closer inspection of his face revealed the veiled lines of plastic surgery, and the news his appearance had been altered at some point was unnerving to some. Was he a Command Agent? What had they done?

Except after seeing a feint trace of ink on his left leg, they rolled his pant leg up further to see exactly what he was wearing. It was difficult to make out, as it appeared a lot of effort had gone into hiding the tattooed design from unwanted views. Ordinarily the men never would have seen it as the cover up was done very well, but with CCRunner’s body not moving, the men could get a really close glimpse at what it was. Tracing the remaining lines with their eyes to draw a clearer mental picture, they jumped back in shock at what they saw. The skull with fire erupting from his sockets smiled back at them, telling all just who CCRunner was. He was no Command Agent.

Spoiler :
CCRunner was an Insurgent Infiltrator!.

With that small detail now cleared up, the remaining lucky thirteen began speculating what he was doing aboard the ship and if there were others like him still blending in with the crew. While they couldn’t be 100% certain, captured insurgent agents tending to operate solo without backup to mask their presence further. The crew didn’t believe the insurgents would change their tact for a more complicated mission, such as hijacking a Command warship. Therefore, it was believed CCRunner was acting on his own, and as such

Spoiler :
The Insurgents have been eliminated!

Breathing a sigh of relief that the insurgent threat was now likely over, attention could now be focused squarely on the remaining saboteurs. With the night coming, before retiring for bed the crew handed out the items that had been voted on today. Commander rhawn took the Monkey Wrench, Key to the Pump Room, and Reinforced Steel. Lieutenant Junior Grade BSmith1068 acquired the Swiss Army Knife and Herbal Remedy, while Seaman Apprentice Frozen In Ice took the Ship’s Blueprints.

As the sun set on the horizon, the crew began to congratulate themselves on lynching the insurgent and while also not hitting a mine. Except almost on cue, the ship shuttered violently as the insurgents indirectly struck back. A geyser at amidships alerted the crew another mine had detonated and that the Machine Room was now 100% destroyed. Well, it couldn’t all go well…

~~~​

New Rank Hierarchy:

Final Vote Tally:

Execution:

CCRunner: 6
PaulusIII: 1
Takhisis: 1

Monkey Wrench:

rhawn: 3
Takhisis: 1

Key to the Pump Room:

Swiss Army Knife:

BSmith1068: 3

Ship’s Blueprints:

Frozen In Ice: 2
BSmith1068: 1

Herbal Remedy:

BSmith1068: 3

Reinforced Steel:

Quick Notes:
  • Damage Report: Machine Room damaged to 100%.

It is now Night Phase Twelve! Remember the subject heading I asked everyone to use: Orders for (Player) for Night Phase Twelve

It’s now Night. Posting is Closed; DO NOT POST.

End Night Phase Twelve, Start Morning Phase Thirteen

Journal Entry Number Thirty-Seven. 06:00 shipboard time. Estimated five days to port.

With the crew’s number dwindling, the ship has taken on somewhat of a haunting quality. The ship’s creaks and groans seem to be amplified in the void left by the dead. Sailors seem to be chasing sprits at times, perhaps catching a glimpse of what their mind can only see. Compartments that usually contained a large number of people at night now only contained a few, and it was speculated those vacated completely now housed the spirits of the departed. It was truly a trying time.

Still though, life went on in those unfortunate to still have it. Rounds and routines went on without much of a hitch, and despite the shrinking number of sailors the ship, despite certain circumstances, was still running fairly well. Repairs were still going fairly smoothly despite most of the original repair crew was now dead. The Deck and Engine Room were fortunate to receive attention. The Deck was now patched enough to stop the on-and-off leaking that had plagued the voyage since almost the beginning, and the Engine Room was repaired to the point where the ship’s reactor could once again run at full power. Things were all not totally peachy however. The Deck had leaked during the night, affecting the Brig, Sick Bay, and Captain’s Quarters. A mine had also predictably detonated, this time wasting the rest of the Armory, while it would seem the saboteurs focused their energies at the Pump Room again.

Even with the carnage, the higher-ups saw fit to promote Seon to Chief Warrant Officer, Four, while demoting DaveShack to Seon’s Petty Officer 2nd Class rank. Deciding it would be to tell Seon of his promotion, the crew headed on down to the Sick Bay, where Seon should be getting ready to head back to duty, assuming of course his injuries had healed like everyone predicted.

Well, the found Seon alright, except he wasn’t getting up to get dressed anytime soon. The man was beaten beyond belief, likely with a fire ax, and there was no question the ‘good’ doctor was dead. Searching his belongings for anything suspicious, they found nothing, so they concluded that

Spoiler :
Seon was innocent.

There weren’t that many items up for vote today. CCRunner had left nothing to vote on yesterday, and Seon only had the Experimental Drug and a Key to the Sick Bay. Both would hopefully find new homes by the end of today.

Maybe today the items would get noticed during the first half of the day. One can only hope...

~~~​

New Rank Hierarchy:

Night Phase Twelve is over and posting is open.

• Execution votes in Bold
  • Vote for the Experimental Drug in Blue.
  • Vote for the Key to the Sick Bay in Red.

Quick Notes:
  • Damage Report: Deck repaired to 70% and Engine Room to 30%. Pump Room damaged to 70%, Brig to 50%, Sick Bay to 40%, Captain’s Quarters to 10%, and Armory to 100%.
  • Seon promoted from Petty Officer 2nd Class to Chief Warrant Officer, Four. DaveShack demoted to Petty Officer 2nd Class.
  • Over/Under Number is 2.
  • Result PM's being sent now.

You may now post!

Top Bottom