Metal Gear Mafia Game Thread

Well, that sucked.

We have reached a fun stage in the game now. I call it, "tell me why I shouldn't unleash the innocent bandwagon forces upon you for being scummy the entire game."

I know something about most of you already, and I'm fairly certain of the innocence of at least a few of you. If I don't know something about you, telling me something would be helpful.

The current target of my wrath is Vote: BSmith. For most of the game, you've just been a quiet bandwagoner. The only time you were first to vote for anyone was day 1, which isn't indicative of anything. You've been 3rd to bandwagon CG twice (well, technically 4th on day 3, but Dumanios unvoted), and 5th the day he was voted. You were 6th on the Caesarwagon. You were only 2nd on civplayah and GamezRule, but both of those posts sounded like a cheap excuse to join the bandwagon, as have most of your other posts. You've barely even posted if not to bandwagon somebody, and one of your few posts not to do so was a fluff-filled "Crap, they found me, post stuff saying why I'm not mafia!" post.

Conclusion: BSmith is mafia. Convince me otherwise.

I'll give choxorn some support and provide some more pressure on BSmith.

Vote: BSmith

I am going to abstain because every time we feel certain somebody is guilty, we are always wrong. We will seal our fate.

Abstaining will not help us. We have to decide that way or another. Vote: Bsmith

The current target of my wrath is Vote: BSmith. For most of the game, you've just been a quiet bandwagoner. The only time you were first to vote for anyone was day 1, which isn't indicative of anything. You've been 3rd to bandwagon CG twice (well, technically 4th on day 3, but Dumanios unvoted), and 5th the day he was voted. You were 6th on the Caesarwagon. You were only 2nd on civplayah and GamezRule, but both of those posts sounded like a cheap excuse to join the bandwagon, as have most of your other posts. You've barely even posted if not to bandwagon somebody, and one of your few posts not to do so was a fluff-filled "Crap, they found me, post stuff saying why I'm not mafia!" post.

Conclusion: BSmith is mafia. Convince me otherwise.

Need I remind everyone that CivGeneral was a serial killer? That I was consistent in voting for him since day two? While I may have been third to vote for him on both day 2 and 3, I would like to point out that on day two there was a lot of back and forth between Takhisis, Lord OST and CivGeneral, so I would hardly call that a bandwagon against CivGeneral. I would also like to point out your vote against Lord OST on that day, and we all know now that he was Red Army.

On Day 3 the failwagon was against Dumanios, another Red Army member. You were also part of this huge bandwagon. The voting on CivGeneral was nowhere near bandwagon levels at that point.

Do I also need to remind everyone that Day 4’s vote against Darth Caesar also resulted in us getting a non town aligned player? Hardy anything to hold me against.

Day 5 had me going back to my target of CivGeneral, where we finally succeeded in killing him. Had you and others followed my lead we would have gotten him much sooner.

In fact the only innocent blood on my hands is civplayah, where I was second in the resulting bandwagon. You were third incidentally. I would have removed my vote from him if he had given a good reason to either in the thread or privately. Unfortunately for him he posted his most strenuous defense only minutes before the final update.

As for my level of posting. It is true that my activity has been less than in recent other games. Work and family life have been quite hectic the past few weeks, and as I have noted in the previous post, it took me a while to get into both this game and the Gangland Wars game that started at the exact same time as this one. You’ll notice that I have also been quieter than “normal” in that game too.

I am Red Army. Private Surfperch is my name and I win if the Red Army eliminates the insurrection while at least one Red Army Commander survives. I will PM you with some more details on my role that should not be made public.

Come to think of it, if we are going to go after bandwaggoners, then I have the perfect candidate:

This person voted:

- 7th for Dumanios on Day 3 resulting in his lynching (Red Army)
- 9th for Darth Caesar on Day 4
- Failed to vote Day 5 for anyone (day we finally got CivGeneral)
- 7th for civplayah on Day 6 resulting in his lynching (Red Army)
- 3rd for robbiecon on Day 7
- And 4th today for me.

FoS: The Bake

Alright, I have been convinced. Unvote: BSmith.

TheBake certainly is suspicious, and his role seems a little strange. However, I do still know stuff about him, and am willing to chalk some of his behavior up to being a noob, so I'll leave him with an FoS: The Bake for now.

Which brings me to the last few players I know nothing about. First, let me focus my attention on Vote: Catharsis. Yes, you. You may have been active throughout the game, and been good at looking innocent. But not really. You have thus far failed to vote for a single anti-townie, unless one of DaveShack, BSmith, and GamezRule is a mafia, and I know one of them to be innocent and strongly suspect the other two of being innocent with my current information. You also started the civplayah failwagon.

This sort of behavior is what Catharsis usually does as a mafia. He usually does it as an innocent, too, although with the key difference that he's sometimes right and actually votes for a mafia as an innocent.

- 7th for Dumanios on Day 3 resulting in his lynching (Red Army)
- 9th for Darth Caesar on Day 4
- Failed to vote Day 5 for anyone (day we finally got CivGeneral)
- 7th for civplayah on Day 6 resulting in his lynching (Red Army)
- 3rd for robbiecon on Day 7
- And 4th today for me.

The first days I just went with the flow (My first days in mafia, hope you don't mind that)

CivGeneral was a one man serial killer, as I have read around on forum, serial killers usally work alone? Should be a good thing I didn't bandwagon atleast one day.

The latest days I've kinda just voted the same as the persons I trust. Civplayah everyone was going for (and for good reason It seemed), robbiecon and you both have speaked up, so this pressure wagoning is working, isn't it?

Hmm, Bake, if not so, then mafia?

anyway, unvote, vote: catharsis

Okay.

unvote; vote: Catharsis

Your random bandwagon posts are also attracting my ire. You're usually more active than this.

If Catharsis is innocent, you are the next target of the pressurewagon.

Luckily, you can by wagon insurance, all at the low low price of one roleclaim to me.*

*Restrictions may apply. If I find your roleclaim unbelievable, or ridiculous, you will not get insurance. PM must be sent by the end of the lynching period, or I'll ignore it. See nearest thread for details. Offer void in North Korea. Results may vary.

Please call me whatever, but not a noob! :mad:

Sorry, I'll just call you new player then, but only if you vote for Catharsis. :D

Midday 8

Spoiler :
BSmith1086 (1) - robbiecon
Catharsis (4) - choxorn, Romanichine, Jarrema, The Bake

Not Voting: GamezRule, Catharsis, DaveShack, BSmith1068, Sprig

Spoiler :
Players:

1. Camikaze - Killed, Night Four
2. Catharsis
3. CivPlayah - Lynched, Day Six
4. dcmort93 - Killed, Night One
5. Choxorn
6. Dumanios - Lynched, Day Three
7. Daveshack
8. Darth Caesar - Lynched, Day Four
9. Robbiecon
10. Zack - Killed, Night Five
11. GamezRule
12. Takhisis - Lynched, Day Seven
13. Romanichine
14. BSmith1068
15. Sprig
16. Snerk - Killed, Night Seven
17. Jarrema
18. CivGeneral - Lynched, Day Five
19. Lord OST - Lynched, Day Two
20. The Bake

-------------------------------------------
Evening 8 at 10PM GMT

I'll trust choxorn's change of heart, although I wouldn't mind hearing from him in private as to his reasoning.

Unvote; Vote: Catharsis

Choxorn's reasoning is better then mine.

vote: Catharsis

Top Bottom