Celtic Fury

On Topic: Whens the next update? :crazyeye:
Right Now.

Chapter XIV: The Defeat of the French and a Century of Peace​

The French were in a full retreat by the end of 1038. Their defeat at the Battle of Lyons Fields had shown them this in a stunning fashion. French Commando Squads conducted raids against the regrouping Eastern Task Force, where they lost over 600 men killing just fewer than 1000 conscripted Celtic Infantry. This was used in the Daily Lyons Post as evidence of an impending victory over the Celts, but the French government was collapsing and many of the French citizens panicked. Hoping to consolidate themselves, the French offered a Peace Treaty to King Brennus of the Celts. But Brennus simply laughed at the French and sent them home.

********************​

Having rejected the French peace offer, the Celts began shelling Lyons daily. This would continue for many months, killing nearly 1200 French Riflemen. Fearing that defeat was imminent, the French Army made a desperate move, sending their only remaining fully intact combat division to try to take the Celtic city of Seville. All the while, the Celts prepared their final offensive to crush the remainder of the French Army.

********************​

Taking a break from the war in France, King Brennus met with the Persian King, Darius, to discuss further trade between their two powerful empires. The deal that emerged from the table gave the Celts access to two Persian luxuries and a large amount of gold, while the Persians gained the Celtic Communist Manifesto and access to the massive Celtic Horse herds.

********************​

Turning back to the French Front, the Celts began their final push against the French.

The Celts first unleashed all of their artillery on the French lines, hammering French soldiers with round after round of high explosives. Without any Celtic losses, they had killed 1000 French soldiers. But a cocky first attack by a supposedly veteran division of Cavalry ended in disaster as the Celts lost two times the number of French casualties. Furious over the lost skirmish, the 5th Cavalry Division smashed through the French front line, forcing the French Military to surrender the suburbs of Lyons to the Celts. Trying to push further into the city, the Celts tried to take several blocks with Cavalry, though their losses prevented them from continuing in the same way.

Now relying on Commandos, the Celts continued to crush the French resistance and the French fell back to the center of the city.

Realizing that the French Longbowmen near Seville might be a future pain, the Celts deployed the 13th Heavy Cavalry to crush them as the last French division outside of Lyons. In the pitched battle, another Celtic hero emerged from the Franco-Celtic War. This hero was Durmnorix, one of the oldest Division commanders in the entire Celtic Army. He received the Medal of Bravery from King Brennus himself and a promotion to Field Marshall was granted. In Seville, he prepared to lead a full army of 4000 men yet to be assigned.

After touring Seville with Field Marshall Durmnorix, King Brennus left to oversee the final defeat of the French. The French were left only in control of several city blocks as the Celts pressed forward with their machine gun-bearing Commandos. Closing on the Royal French Palace was costly as several hundred Celtic Cavalry were killed by French Longbowmen shooting near their maximum range. Finally, the Celts deployed the 4th Commandos to dispatch of the remaining French defenders. Firing sniper rifles, the Celts hammered the last hundred French fighters. Once they had cleared the roofs of French Longbowmen, the Celts moved into the Palace itself. Hand-to-hand fighting ensued in which many of the Celtic Commandos fell. At last, the French Empire was down to a single room in their Palace behind whose doors President Joan of Arc and her advisors cowered. The Celts burst through the door, mowing down all but President Joan and her General, Napoleon. Brennus entered the room, knowing that his foe was helpless before him. Joan was taken from the room and within a day, had been found guilty of crimes against humanity during her capture of Monguntincum. She was executed several days later. And within a week, the captive General Napoleon signed the Treaty of Lyons that formally brought an end to the French Empire.

********************​

Durmnorix was assigned an army of 4000 Infantry in 1061 AD and ordered to the border city of Grand River, where a meeting between Celtic and Carthaginian diplomats was to take place within a few days. The Carthaginians were welcomed warmly to the city, where a celebration was being held to rejoice over the Celtic victory over the French. In their meetings, it was agreed that the Carthaginians would hand over nearly all of their treasury and their scientists’ Atomic Theory, in exchange for several Celtic Scientific Revolution technologies and use of the Celtic Horse herds. The meeting was eventually concluded as the two empires signed a Mutual Protection Pact with each other.

********************​

Seeing the potential benefit of multiple Mutual Protection Pacts, the Carthaginians proceeded to sign another with the Chinese, a small Northeastern Siberian civilization with a weak army. This was seen as a strange deal by Celts, whose military advisors classified the Chinese as having the 3rd weakest army in the world ahead of only the Germans and Mayans.

********************​

In 1068 AD, the Celtic-Sumerian diplomatic relations took a beating when the Sumerians ended the 200 year-long Right of Passage signed near the end of the 1st Celtic-Sumerian War. Many of the world’s inhabitants wondered if war was going to break out soon between the severely weakened and divided Sumerians and the Celts, who were trying to recover from losses suffered during their recent war with the French. But the Celts were not interested in a war with a weak nation such as Sumeria, and continued to send their troops towards the Celtic-Punic border where the Celts expected their next war to break out.

********************​

Nearly a decade after the Sumerian-Celtic Right of Passage expired; the Celts ordered that all muskets and barrel-loading rifles in the army be replaced by machine guns and semi-automatic rifles. This was a very expensive move by the Celts who spent over 400 gold in the construction and distribution of the improved weapons.

********************​

The year 1079 AD saw the completion of the plans of the Celtic Naval Engineering Corps. These plans gave the Celts the options to build massive warships called Battleships that had thick armor and large guns to bombard their targets with. Plans were also made for the construction of Aircraft Carriers that could carry experimental fighters and bombers at sea. The last ship design that was drawn up was one for a Submarine. A Submarine could slip under enemy patrol ships and strike transports and merchant vessels. These ships would all require massive amounts of labor to produce. To help improve the speed of production, the Celts ordered all factories in the empire to begin using a system of mass production that included having each worker produce a single part repeatedly. This would allow ships and other weapons to be produced at superfast speeds.

********************​

The 1080s were another decade of peace as the Celts finally agreed to let the Zulu people sleep at night and signed a Peace Treaty with the tiny island nation.

********************​

More Celtic diplomacy in the year 1094 occurred as the Celts sold access to their Saltpeter fields to the Carthaginians in exchange for 33 gold every 10 years and a little under 250 gold immediately.

This deal with the Carthaginians was followed by the selling of the Celtic Scientific Method to the Persians in exchange for nearly 60 gold immediately and 19 gold every decade.

********************​

The next several decades saw peaceful growth for the Celtic Empire, culminating in the construction of the Afrika-Class Cruiser, KBS Celtic Fury (CR-01) in 1108 AD. The Celtic Fury was the first modern warship in the world. Nearly 100 meters long, the ship was the strongest vessel in the world. The Celtic Naval Command assigned the ship to the 2nd Fleet Headquarters in Delhi to patrol the seas for the rumored Punic Pirate fleets that roamed the seas in the 11th Century.

Other developments until 1119 included the final upgrading of the Celtic Army from pikes to machine guns…

…and the renewal of the Celtic-Punic Right of Passage.

********************​

Perhaps one of the largest breakthroughs in military technology took place in Entremont on December 14, 1119. On that day, a blueprint was submitted by the Celtic Army Engineers for an unprecedented weapon. The weapon was the Tank. The Tank gave the Celts a fast-moving, motorized, armored, and deadly device that could smash through trenches and Infantry formations. Celtic factories were soon ordered to begin production of these powerful weapons. The Celts were surging ahead in weapons technology.

********************​

The global peace was finally shattered in 1138, when the Hittites moved a large army north of the Celtic city of Irony in Manchuria. In preparation for war, the Celts ordered 8000 men to the city. Then in one of the pivotal moments in world history, the Celtic Field Marshal, Boudicca, rode out towards the Hittite camp and yelled her government’s demands that the Hittites leave. The Hittites responded by shooting her assistant, John McDewy, the Hittite-Celtic War had begun.

********************​

Knowing that they would have to get allies to keep the Hittite busy on other fronts, the Celts started the Conference of Lyons. The Celts first met with the Russian ambassador, who related that his government would declare war if the Celts gave the Russians access to Celtic Horses and Gunpowder weapons. Agreeing with the Russian proposal, the Celts formed a Military Alliance and the Russians declared war a week later.

Soon after the Russian declaration of war on the Hittites, the Celts met with Sumerian diplomats. The Sumerians wanted knowledge of Physics. Later laughing about how backwards the Sumerians were, the Celts agreed once more, and the Sumerians declared war on the Hittites.

Finally, the Celts met with the Chinese. This was largely to distract the Hittites from the Celtic armies, but the Chinese were all too eager to gain access to Celtic Horses and Swords and they declared war on the Hittites as well. The Celts fully expected the Chinese to be defeated easily by the Hittite forces.

Now, with multiple allies, the Celts moved another 19 Divisions to the Hittite Front. But the Celts were not done. Soon, the most powerful, modern weapons in the world would be unleashed against the Hittite lands.

Great Update! I always loved the industrial era trades, aside from being so much more lucrative, they also allow you to predict your opponents' moves.

From what it looks like, that poor stack of Hittites won't even stand a chance :hammer: , looks like its going to be a real dogfight to see who can get the cities first.

From what it looks like, that poor stack of Hittites won't even stand a chance :hammer: , looks like its going to be a real dogfight to see who can get the cities first.
Well, I just gave both the Russians and Chinese the ability to produce their UUs, each with 3 MPs. Of course, the Hittites will be defending cities (after they draft which they will) with riflemen and spearmen. Of course, I have tanks, so the whole :spear: thing might be interesting to write about in history book form if that comes up. It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

I also now have a way to get the Carthaginians declare war on me (Try to find it it shouldn't be too hard) and screw their reputation and still give me the ability to attack them first. I plan on warring with them before they get Motorized Transportation so that I can take their only oil source.

OFC, they'll be moving units through your territory and the AI will assign a high enough priority to it that they won't want to move, well played.

OFC, they'll be moving units through your territory and the AI will assign a high enough priority to it that they won't want to move, well played.
Actually, no. They have a MPP with China. China will be bulldozed in 1 turn by tanks, causing the Carthaginians to declare on me.

you could seriously declare war on the entire world and still win.
Probably. :mischief:
yeah, dow them all i wanna see an epic war with all civs in it.
The Chinese, Maya, Germans, Dutch, Aztecs, English, Sumerians, Zulu, Arabs, and Hittites certainly would be easy to crush :assimilate:. So, I'm guessing that you'd want the Militarists to achieve their goal in another Civil War?
At brink of mass destruction 8)
By this I assume you mean nukes. :nuke: :bump: :mwaha: :nuke:

I have been considering another Civil War after the war against the Hittites ends. It would then have all of the governments, around 4 or 5 seccecionist states, and a few game mode changers (Militarists, Technologists, Isolationists, etc.). Would you guys like to see that?

Wow, I hope you have another civil war. Because one: I love how you do that and two: That would be an epic war due to your size and technology level.

I would support another civil war if it had some good tie ins with the story.... I couldn't see why the country would depose (or try to) after a successful war.

Then again, with creative enough writing, you could justify anything :crazyeye:

I would support another civil war if it had some good tie ins with the story.... I couldn't see why the country would depose (or try to) after a successful war.

Then again, with creative enough writing, you could justify anything :crazyeye:
Well, I could use the whole Communist, Democracy, and Facist propaganda ideas (ex. Workers Rights, Not Enough Freedom, We Deserve to Rule All). I could also use the rapidly increasing number of foreign citizens as a reason. Or I could blame the Carthaginians for inciting the whole thing and declare war on them as well as fight a civil war. I'd have to think about it, but I'm going to try for another couple of updates first. Then I will think more about a civil war.

It would be sort of like the Bolshevik civil War, so this time I think that the Monarchy won't survive.
Well, the next civil war will be played on Sid due to complaints last time about how I crushed everyone. So, I might be able to back the Monarchy and still play a civil war because so many people seem to be wanting me to do one. However, I'm still debating the pros and cons of both Communism and Monarchy in game. Communism would help with corruption (I believe) and with unit support. But since I haven't had problems with unit support and I have a strong enough economy so that the pay rush is efficient, I'm still favoring a Monarchy. But who know what the situation will be like in a few updates? I'm only just now playing through the next update, so I don't even know.

And even if I lose I can always do what was used by Conich in the WWI in 2051 AD story. Have the Commies elect Brennus as the Chairman. :D

Edit: Off-Topic: Whats with all the Glenn Beck Clones? :confused:

April fools prank :)
So who started it then? Was it on the same thread with the people swapping their avatars, signatures, and such? Because I might do it too. :mwaha:

So who started it then? Was it on the same thread with the people swapping their avatars, signatures, and such? Because I might do it too. :mwaha:

Domination 3000 started it, he tried to keep it a secret, but it was in a social group and people figured out, then he gave people information through PMs, now anyone can copy a clone.

originally the directions for it were given to mainly right-wingers, but others joined in.

Top Bottom