Melcher's Leaderheads

Is it somebody from a certain wedding recently? :D

God, I hope not :p
(and IIRC melcher already stated he won't do "modern" leaderheads)

EDIT: yep, found it:
melcher kürzer;10284586 said:
I won't do any Leaderhead i have absolutely no interest. That covers almost any modern Leader after ~1850.

God, I hope not :p

Don't worry, my interest on the british royal family is located somewhere below zero.
And guys, sorry if i tease you, but i have to tell you that my next Leader will be my absolute masterpiece. :D The best graphical work i have ever done.
Should finish around tomorrow.

Phew... :D

I was worried for a second there :lol:

I really want to see this now... :)

Hey!
I present you Martim Afonso de Sousa. The first Royal Governor of Brazil.

The pictures from him are kind of boring, so i decided to make my own version. I'm completely pleased with the result. By far my best work. Hope you like him.

More Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Compare with a random Firaxis leaderhead.​

Download

:D

Attachments

• de_sousa.jpg
    de_sousa.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 7,773
  • de_sousa_review.jpg
    de_sousa_review.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 740
  • de_sousa_random_compare.jpg
    de_sousa_random_compare.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 717
Pfff
Can't find any words. This is amazing...

Amazing LH :goodjob:

Hope you don't mind me doing a request? Abu Zakariya of the Hafsid dynasty. Capo's going to use him for the Berbers in Diplo II and I think you could make him look great. And since this one have little or no source pictures avaible, you're free to do almost whatever you want. If you do, I'll be more than happy to give him a personality so you could release him as a modular LH for either Carthage or Arabia (depends on what you think fits best) ;)

Edit:
My vote goes for a reworked Cathrine. I just think she needs some fix-ups on her face and maybe some of the Animations and maybe a retexture of her clothes :)

Wow!!! :goodjob:

Thanks guys for the nice comments!

Amazing skin texturing - from scratch or dod you take it from another picture?

For the face texture i used the Pericles non-shader texture as a base. I superimposed another face texture from pirates semi-transparent onto. Afterwards i reworked the hole thing. The neck is from the scratch.
Also a good normalmap, the right colour and the lightning are important for a good face.
They have a close connection, so i always try diffrent combinations.

Here is a link to a free texture-site. If i don't do a texture from scratch i often use one from there as a base. If you don't know this site you should definitly take a look.

are you going to make a king - with ring animations - for portugal?

Hehe, good power of deduction. But i not sure about that at the moment. Maybe.

Amazing LH :goodjob:

Hope you don't mind me doing a request? Abu Zakariya of the Hafsid dynasty. Capo's going to use him for the Berbers in Diplo II and I think you could make him look great. And since this one have little or no source pictures avaible, you're free to do almost whatever you want. If you do, I'll be more than happy to give him a personality so you could release him as a modular LH for either Carthage or Arabia (depends on what you think fits best) ;)

No, i don't mind at all.
I'm not sure, it could be interesting. I will think about it and if i get a good design idea i will do it.

Edit:
My vote goes for a reworked Cathrine. I just think she needs some fix-ups on her face and maybe some of the Animations and maybe a retexture of her clothes :)

I have already started a younger Victoria. But i'm not so happy about it at the moment. The design i have is kind of boring and i'm thinking about making a more free version. If i take this route i will release a 18th-19th century queen. Then people can decide if they want use her as Victoria, Maria Theresia, Cathrine or whatever.

melcher kürzer;10487820 said:
Hey!
I present you Martim Afonso de Sousa. The first Royal Governor of Brazil.

The pictures from him are kind of boring, so i decided to make my own version. I'm completely pleased with the result. By far my best work. Hope you like him.

Really great LH, although I did look him up and the LH doesn't really look like any of the depictions of the real person. Why did you decide to go blonde and beardless on this one?

Really great LH, although I did look him up and the LH doesn't really look like any of the depictions of the real person. Why did you decide to go blonde and beardless on this one?

As i said, i don't like the picture. There are already many Leaders (Bolivar, spanish King, Mem de Sa, etc.) which would look like him with just a few changes.
I just made a leaderhead i wanted to and then used him as Martim Afonso de Sousa.
I think it's fine to do that with such unknown persons. Probably most people won't use the LH as de Sousa anyway.

These are absolutely amazing. :worship:

Could I be so bold as to recruit you for my mod? I don't have a lot of source material to work with, so some of the LHs I'm using are ethnically incorrect.

No. I'm already working on a colonization mod-project. Although, RFC(E) is my favored mod for Civ4 and i would love to see RFC in the colonial era. So, good luck with your project.
Additional you could take a look in the Colonization download section. There are many units i have made for Colonization. Maybe you will find something useful. But these units need some minor changes for Civ 4 or they will crash the game.

Ah well...

I downloaded some modcomps for colonization. I would just have to change some XML stuff, right?

It depends on which modcomps you mean. If you mean my units, you will have to fix the nif files via nifskope. It's explained in the related thread in the colonization forum.

Anyway, i'm getting a hard time making a younger victoria. Already i have thrown away two diffrent concepts. These two leaderheads weren't bad, but i want to make a stunning LH. So i will think about a new design again.
In the meantime i'm experimenting with meshes from various oblivion mods. But i'm not sure if it's allowed to publish such LHs. I know there is a lot of converted stuff on this site. But still, any opinions?

Top Bottom