Info Addict

Treasury stuff will be in the next version. :cool:

By the way, I'm still wishy-washy about changing "GNP" though I totally understand where you're going with that. I've been pretty "meh" about my choice there but I'm also reluctant to change something that's been around for half a year without feeling strongly about it. If anything, I'd probably change "GNP" to "Income" since that matches the word "income" that you see in the toolbar gold stats.

Although, now I'm thinking about this, it would be kinda neat to change GNP to a combination of gold and production using the game's conversion of hammers to gold. I don't know how useful that would be when comparing civs for gameplay reasons but it would keep some kind the "Economic Report" flavor of Info Addict around. I don't like calling things "Gold Rate" and "Hammers per turn" because it feels less immersive than "GNP" and "Manufacturing".
The GNP figures in the demographics screen don't match the income figures in my games.

I'm not certain what GNP is supposed to mean in the game statistics (demographics).

@Ronmar:

GNP should match the total income of gold before expenses are accounted for. If you hover over the gold icon and text in the top bar, GNP should match that number in the row that shows your total income.

If you're looking at the historical data, you won't see that matching what your current income is because that's looking, at least, at one previous turn. The GNP figure in the Factbook should definitely match what you see in the tooltip, however.

Hi Robk, I forgot last time about the spanish translation, you should make this change:

relacionales globales = relaciones globales

That way it has more sense

Regards!

@Ronmar:

GNP should match the total income of gold before expenses are accounted for. If you hover over the gold icon and text in the top bar, GNP should match that number in the row that shows your total income.

If you're looking at the historical data, you won't see that matching what your current income is because that's looking, at least, at one previous turn. The GNP figure in the Factbook should definitely match what you see in the tooltip, however.

I'm not certain where I noticed the discrepancy, but checking the records I keep for each save in my last two games I have to retract my previous statement. The figures are the same. My apologies. Gross income does appear to be the figure used for GNP.

Your infoadict is one of the few mods (2) I use. I really appreciate the work you have done with it. It makes the game more interesting for me. I realize it gives me more information than I would get from the game, but I used to write report programs which would create reports from save files back in the RR Tycoon, MOO, and early Civ games. I haven't been able to decipher much of the saves of games after that. What your reports do, is just what I would discover through my reports of earlier games -- and I don't have to save the game to get the information.

Keep up the good work.

Love this mod, but it knocks out the unit action buttons bottom left and the research/resources/units selection top left. Not sure, but believe that's been the case for me since the recent patch :undecide:

@davii: When you say they're knocked out, do you mean they're unclickable or just gone altogether? I'm pretty sure the files that control those aren't touched by my code. I'd be pretty surprised if InfoAddict is the culprit there.

Is your Lua logging enabled? If so, I bet there's an error in Lua.log somewhere that would tell us what's going. Maybe something is preventing civ V from loading all the UI assets for some reason.

A little update: I've decided to not use the replay data that's present in the main civ engine because I'm afraid of the impact to performance in long running games with many players/civs. I ran a 12 empire game up to 700+ turns and noticed that loading that data was, generally, taking longer and longer each turn. Although it never took more than .7 seconds to load the data on my system, I fear what would happen on slower systems, especially in light of the evidence we saw when I released v13. With some people having systems that took 20 times the amount of time my computer was taking to record data, I don't want to mess with anything that takes longer than .1 seconds in my testing to complete if I can avoid it. Just so you can see what I'm talking about, I've attached a graph that illustrates the increase in time I was seeing.

So, anyway, v16 will have some performance improvements over the previous version but they won't be because I'm making use of replay data. I am still exploring adding data to the replay graphs at the end but I doubt that will make it fully in to v16.

Attachments

• replay_data_perf.png
    replay_data_perf.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 155
An idea for two pretty minor graphs: Total military strength and Per Capita.

Total military strength would be the amount of strength points all military units have as a collective, and would be slightly different in calculating the size of a military in that it doesn't include buildings. This would be good for weighing up actually how strong militaries are. A possible modifier would be promotions, however I don't know if it would be worth the work...

Per Capita would be the GNP per population. This would be good for determining how fertile a civilization is, as more gold per population would mean a greater average tile yield (granted that it only takes in tile yields, and not buildings). I don't know whether a comprehensive graph, including all the things like production, culture, science (etc) per population, would be worth more, though.

-Kris

I think "crop yield" is incorrectly named. The term refers to efficiency, not overall output. I don't know what it should be named, though. Perhaps just "crop" or "farm output."

@davii: When you say they're knocked out, do you mean they're unclickable or just gone altogether? I'm pretty sure the files that control those aren't touched by my code. I'd be pretty surprised if InfoAddict is the culprit there.

Is your Lua logging enabled? If so, I bet there's an error in Lua.log somewhere that would tell us what's going. Maybe something is preventing civ V from loading all the UI assets for some reason.

Clicking the science/resource/units selector arrow top-left results in nothing. Clicking the unit action selection arrow bottom-left results in no actions being displayed, as if there aren't any available.

In order to find out which mod was triggering this, I turned them off and ran them one by one in isolation. It happens with IA enabled, returns to normal when it's not, but like I say, I'm sure it was fine pre 332 patch for me.

I'm a little under-powered on how to sift through logs to give better feedback unfortunately :-S

I just updated Info Addict to v16. This update includes bug fixes, performance improvements, some new options and a new data type.

• Bug Fix: y-axis labels on graphs with negative values now show correct values.
  • Changes from patch 1.0.1.332 merged in.
  • The last empire to be viewed in the factbook is now remembered and refreshes when civs are met or a new turn is encountered uses that info.
  • End of turn time sped up by removing unecessary garbage collection calls.
  • Total gold in each civ's treasury is now displayed in the historical graphs and factbook.
  • Added an option to smooth the lines in the historical graphs.
  • Added an option to enable line offsets in the historical graphs. This makes lines more easily visible between civs with equal values but sacrifices a little accuracy in the graphs to do so. Previous to v16, this was the default mode of display.
  • Subtle change in the way data is presented in the historical graphs: before this version, the value reported for each turn was the value of that type at the end of that turn. Now, however, the value being reported is where things stood at the beginning of that turn. I made this change to match the new replay data available from the latest game patch. As a consequence, turn 0 (or the first turn in an advanced age game) will always report 0 for every category.
This version is compatible with the previous version of Info Addict.

I've included some images to showcase the difference between the smoother lines and the classic, jagged lines.

Spoiler mod integrators: file changes and additions to v16 :
Code:
M      /InfoAddict/InfoAddictReadMe.txt
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictHistoricalData.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictOptions.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictText_ES.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictText_FR.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictText_DE.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictText_EN.xml
M      /InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictFactBook.xml
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/DiploCorner.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictHistoricalData.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictOptions.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictLogger.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictDataManager.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictLib.lua
M      /InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictFactBook.lua
M      /InfoAddict/InfoAddict.civ5proj

Attachments

• classiclines.jpg
    classiclines.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 187
  • smoothlines.jpg
    smoothlines.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 197
Clicking the science/resource/units selector arrow top-left results in nothing. Clicking the unit action selection arrow bottom-left results in no actions being displayed, as if there aren't any available.

In order to find out which mod was triggering this, I turned them off and ran them one by one in isolation. It happens with IA enabled, returns to normal when it's not, but like I say, I'm sure it was fine pre 332 patch for me.

I'm a little under-powered on how to sift through logs to give better feedback unfortunately :-S

You can do this and send the log file to me so I can see what's up. Of course, you may want to update to v16 first to see if that helps. :cool:

1. Before you start civ V, open Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini with a text file editor (like notepad) and replace "LoggingEnabled = 0" with "LoggingEnabled = 1" (it's line 216 in my file).
  2. Send me the Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs\Lua.log file after you've played for a while. Either attach it to a post here or send me a PM and I'll send you an email address you can send it to.

You can do this and send the log file to me so I can see what's up. Of course, you may want to update to v16 first to see if that helps. :cool:

1. Before you start civ V, open Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini with a text file editor (like notepad) and replace "LoggingEnabled = 0" with "LoggingEnabled = 1" (it's line 216 in my file).
  2. Send me the Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs\Lua.log file after you've played for a while. Either attach it to a post here or send me a PM and I'll send you an email address you can send it to.

v16 is all good for me, as far as I can see so far, previous issues have now gone :)

I checked out patch files and played some turns and it looks like Info Addict is compatible with the lastest hotfix patch (1.0.1.348).

Hello all, I am new here. I have just installed and enabled this mod from within the game. How do I bring it up? I don't see a custom button or an option for it anywhere.

Thanks to all who help.

I got it. To load any mod, I have to start the game from MODS > Accept > Single Player...

I am new to Civilization and this forum; thank you for your help Sefren.

Top Bottom