Spoiler :

Name: Pacific Island Republic
Leadership: Liberal Parlimentary Republic
Millitary: High
Industry and Resources: Medium
Food and Health: Highest
Economy: Low

Economic Policy: Mixed, change to Lazziez-Faire Capitalsim
Religion: Roman Catholcism 67%, Protestant Christianity 16%, Other Christian Denominations 9%, Indigenous 8%
Ethnicity: Polynesian 52%%, Micronesian 31%, Australiasian 12%, Pacific 4%(note: self-identified, debated as to reality), Other 1%

The Pacific Armed Forces and Diplomatic Corps will be dispatched as needed throughout the Pacific Islands and attempt to form a united pacific from our territories in the Hawiian islands. In particular the Rapanui on Easter Island, the Maoiri of the Cook Islands, the islands of Fijji and their respective peoples, the Chamorro of Guam, the micronesians of Kiribati, and the Filipinos of the Northern Philippines. We will convince these peoples of the necessity of a united Pacific, being sure to add they will recieve universal suffrage within our republic. Those who do not listen will be conquered.

Finance research and development of new naval weapons and small arms. Begin conscription of villages and cities based on a quota basis. Recruit only men over 18 into the military. Offer to pay for the housing of families unable to support themselves due to the new draft. Fortify all major islands we posess with tall barb wire fences around the island, concrete trenches with gun positions, raised bunkers overlooking the shoreline, metal stakes and obstacles along the beach, a system of interconnecting tunnels, and artificial sand dunes in front of each vital installation.

Establish safe ferry routes between islands and a highway system on all major islands, connecting fishing villages to inland cities. Sponsor efforts to enhance raw materials harvesting on uninhabited islands. Encourage small scale farming across the Pacific in an attempt to become self-sufficient. Set aside larger industrial zones when zoning cities, and ensure an airport on every major island.

Set aside land to be preserved for enviromental, cultural, or historical value across the Pacific. Test chemicals issued by factories and place limits on the amounts, to prevent city smog. Create an endangered species list and create laws protecting them from poaching. Nationalize healthcare and provide to all citizens at least primary care. Ban child labor, and set a minimum wage. Establish universal suffrage to those over 21, enforce the freedom of religion, and declare slavery an illegal outdated practice.

Adopt a lazziez-faire policy and legalize labor unions. Otherwise do no interfere in the economy much.

(see also Rise of Zensunniism and Linguistic Evolution)

A Description Of Siamese Culture

OOC: The following is description of some events that I envision happening in the background, very organically and with minimal government intervention in the republic of Siam. The description should properly take place after the update but by writing about it now, it can perhaps be used to better understand the culture and people of Siam in the coming Between Times. The description takes for granted that funding for Siamese television, movies, and music, considering its extent, will lead to the development of a dominant Siamese entertainment industry

Siamese Media Culture, Movies, Music and Televsion

Siamese media is controlled by the private sector although the government often owns substantial, usually non-controlling, interests in a number of media corporations. Ultimately the goals of these corporations are share-holder profits and to attain this, they will often attempt to fabricate a media phenomenon which will appeal to a massive market and on which they can base the sale of additional merchandise including clothing, spin-off entertainment, and toys.

An example of Siamese fabricated music

If one examines Siamese music, the vast majority of bands are composed of attractive, young, boys and girls, singing in groups with no instrumentalist (all instruments being recorded ahead of performance by the bands’ producers) and dancing to carefully choreographed routines. Typically these bands are initiated by a corporate interest and musicians apply for the various positions with merit mostly on stage presence, appearance and marketability and talent usually not as important. Corporate support is massive and a band may be associated with one or more clothing manufacturers or even car markers as well as, very often, a major entertainment company. Once popularity is achieved, the market will be saturated with as much merchandise as it can absorb and movie and television spin-offs will abound. When the next-big-thing appears these musicians (and I use the term loosely here) will typically have great difficulty finding employment in the entertainment industry. Despite their obvious lack of ‘musical soul’ (or often real talent), these bands are incredibly popular with the Siamese pubic and non-governmental watch-dog organizations concerned with image and body issues report a huge amount of cosmetic surgery and styling correlating with the rise and fall of various bands.

The movie and television industry is very much the same with a ‘movie-star’ or animated characters being promoted non-stop by major corporate sponsors and again producing a plethora of entertainment product that is both consumed domestically and exported throughout the world and especially within the Pacific economic bloc.

Outsiders typically think the Siamese media culture ‘soulless’, ‘formulaic’ and ‘sold-out’, but despite its lack of soul, or perhaps because of it, the sold-out formula seems to work with millions of fans buying up the newest ‘Brittani Shears’ download or ‘Pokee-Ballz’ video game the moment they are available and many young girls as young as ten incessantly pressuring their parents for the newest ‘look’ even if it means thousands of PULs in the ‘right’ brand of clothes or even the ‘right’ cosmetic surgery.

(and yes, i know the picture is not of a thai band- but it had the look i wanted - they look completely vapid and mass-marketable-- and i like the hats)

Prospo said:

Religion: Roman Catholcism 67%, Protestant Christianity 16%, Other Christian Denominations 9%, Indigenous 8%
Ethnicity: Polynesian 52%%, Micronesian 31%, Australiasian 12%, Pacific 4%(note: self-identified, debated as to reality), Other 1%

The Pacific Armed Forces and Diplomatic Corps will be dispatched as needed throughout the Pacific Islands and attempt to form a united pacific from our territories in the Hawiian islands. In particular the Rapanui on Easter Island, the Maoiri of the Cook Islands, the islands of Fijji and their respective peoples, the Chamorro of Guam, the micronesians of Kiribati, and the Filipinos of the Northern Philippines. We will convince these peoples of the necessity of a united Pacific, being sure to add they will recieve universal suffrage within our republic. Those who do not listen will be conquered.

Finance research and development of new naval weapons and small arms. Begin conscription of villages and cities based on a quota basis. Recruit only men over 18 into the military. Offer to pay for the housing of families unable to support themselves due to the new draft. Fortify all major islands we posess with tall barb wire fences around the island, concrete trenches with gun positions, raised bunkers overlooking the shoreline, metal stakes and obstacles along the beach, a system of interconnecting tunnels, and artificial sand dunes in front of each vital installation.

Establish safe ferry routes between islands and a highway system on all major islands, connecting fishing villages to inland cities. Sponsor efforts to enhance raw materials harvesting on uninhabited islands. Encourage small scale farming across the Pacific in an attempt to become self-sufficient. Set aside larger industrial zones when zoning cities, and ensure an airport on every major island.

Set aside land to be preserved for enviromental, cultural, or historical value across the Pacific. Test chemicals issued by factories and place limits on the amounts, to prevent city smog. Create an endangered species list and create laws protecting them from poaching. Nationalize healthcare and provide to all citizens at least primary care. Ban child labor, and set a minimum wage. Establish universal suffrage to those over 21, enforce the freedom of religion, and declare slavery an illegal outdated practice.

Adopt a lazziez-faire policy and legalize labor unions. Otherwise do no interfere in the economy much.

You know, generally, I would have said something like, 'That nation doesn't exist, I'd love to have you as another one', but I very much like your idea, and effort you put in. Your borders will have to be worked on a bit, but I'd be happy to have you. I was milling around an idea for a nation like that anyway. Welcome!

@Immac, I see no problem with that. None at all. :cool:

Can I be The Pacific Island Republic?
Spoiler :

You know, generally, I would have said something like, 'That nation doesn't exist, I'd love to have you as another one', but I very much like your idea, and effort you put in. Your borders will have to be worked on a bit, but I'd be happy to have you. I was milling around an idea for a nation like that anyway. Welcome!

@Immac, I see no problem with that. None at all. :cool:

Cheap.

and...

Yeah, thats a bit of a blind side... sort of wish i could have had some tiny bit of warning about a nation birthing in hawaii and going after my islands.... especially a military one.

Anyway Prospo, welcome to the game... despite an entrance that i am less than impressed with.

edited out- double post

Immaculate said:
Anyway Prospo, welcome to the game... despite an entrance that i am less than impressed with.

No need for anger Immac. :p Like I said, in terms of actual border, it'll have to be worked out. You probably won't get too much of what you want, so if you do indeed want to try another nation, feel free. But I'll see what I can do. Hawaii, I don't know about, same thing with the north Philippines. But you could always get all those South Pacific Islands and the like.

I'm not angry... but i'm not impressed either. Its cheese. It sort of feels like what karalysia did to BSmith1068 last game.

Also, it would be nice if new players were steered to the Americas or Africa to try and even things out.

You know i didn't mean you. BFFs?

Immac said:
Also, it would be nice if new players were steered to the Americas or Africa to try and even things out.

This I can agree with very much so. Prospo, if you fancy any other nations, I would sort of encourage that.

I'm not really looking to take any land from Siam either. I feel like Grand Papua is probably really the only nation that's going to be hurt by this. I have a few pre-requisites for several places throughout the map, as to who can 'colonize it' peacefully, and not peacefully, Hawaii being one of them. I do feel a Pacific style Empire based out of Hawaii would be interesting, though I'm leaning more towards your Union being more South Pacific based.

Good to see you here Prospo. Nice to see all my convincing in chat worked out after all :p .

I do find the idea of a pacific based empire out of Hawaii as interesting as TLK said, however, if multiple other nations are going for what hes going for, it might not work out well.

Does anyone have the Hellinistic empire? I do believe Prospo was interested in that country in case this one doesnt work out.

arya126 said:
I do find the idea of a pacific based empire out of Hawaii as interesting as TLK said, however, if multiple other nations are going for what hes going for, it might not work out well.

Does anyone have the Hellinistic empire? I do believe Prospo was interested in that country in case this one doesnt work out.

Yeah. That's my only fear. That he'd have so few islands and places to work with, it might just get boring. The Hellenistic Empire is open however.

I feel like that would be a better choice. I imagine it'd be your decision post BT.

Speaking of that, how far are you on the BT update? Or did Prospo throw you off your progress?

It's being worked on. I have been busy the last few days, though I'm finding some time now. The real time-taker is finding things worth writing about, and making a lot of decisions. A lot of you have over-lapping orders, so I'm going to do my best to find the 'happiest' route, though I feel like I'm going to have a lot of annoyed players regardless of what I do. Such is life. :p

To: Mesopotamia & Egypt

Is the Suez Canal open to Hellenstic use?

Top Bottom