The cossacks conversion collection 2

Originally posted by Louis-Philippe
Excuse me, but how did you do those sprites? Do you have a specific program to extract .bmp files or something like that?
1- I use gpview, a program that can display the frames of the original cossacks animation (*.gp files)
2- I make screenshots of all frames.
3- I use a special tool to "clean" the screenshots (ie remove the buttons of gpview, etc)
4- I use SBB to transform the indiviual frames into a storyboard
5- I use Pedit to create a civ III compliant palette
6- I use paint shop pro to apply this palette to my storyboards
7- I use FLICSTER to create the FLC

Louis-Philippe, if you want to help Steph with the conversions he can send the viewer to you.
Steph, whatever happened with that Archer I made? Have you forgotten, or is it just stuck in the queue? :)

Originally posted by Louis-Philippe
One more question :D I will speak in french. Sorry for anglos ;)
Où est-ce que je peux trouver GPView? J'ai un peu cherché sur les sites Cossacks, mais je ne l'ai pas trouvé :(

Send me an email to stephane.f.david@free.fr, I'll send you the viewer (warning : 1 Mb)

Originally posted by mrtn
Louis-Philippe, if you want to help Steph with the conversions he can send the viewer to you.
Steph, whatever happened with that Archer I made? Have you forgotten, or is it just stuck in the queue? :)

It is somewhere in the queue, with :
- Austrian, Polish, Ukrainian, 18c generic Musket
- Spanish Polish, Piemontese, Swedish, English dragoon,
- Swedish and Russian hussar,
- Highlander
- Russian Strelitz,
- Austrian Roundshier
- Cossacks and Vityaz
- Generic Cuirrassier
- Generic grenadier

And perhaps a few others stuck in my email inbox

I make screenshot simply with the print screen key, then CTRL+V and CTRL+S in paintshop pro.
For the cleaning, you can download SBB.
You simply have save your screenshot as a true color bmp, and name the file unit0000, unit0001, unit0002, and place the different orientations in different folders (named S, SW, W, NW, and N).
Then create a another folder named civIII, containing 8 empty folders (S, SW, W, NW, N, NE, E and SE).

So you have
Unit
-civIII
--N
--NE
--S
-N
-- Unit0000
--Unit0015 (if you have 16 frames)
-S
-- Unit0000
--Unit0015

Than click on cossacks converter, select any of the screenshots, you get a preview of the interesting part of the screenshots, you should have to adapt the size to center, then execute, and you will get cleaned frames in the civIII subfolders (and it automatically does the mirroring)

Thanx. And one more question (maybe the latest). I know it's a stupid one, but i'm a newbie :D
How can i change the colors of the uniform? I have the blue one on every pics, and i want the "official" one (wight for Bavaria, Red for England...). Is it a palette file's problem or something else?

No. It is a bit boring to do, so I've decided to stop for a while. Currently, I'm adding lots of flavour units for the first era of my mod. But don't worry : when I'll move to the second era (Renaissance & Imperialism), I'll need all these little guys, so I'll have plenty of motivation to finish.
Just be patient.

It is somewhere in the queue, with :
- Austrian, Polish, Ukrainian, 18c generic Musket
- Spanish Polish, Piemontese, Swedish, English dragoon,
- Swedish and Russian hussar,
- Highlander
- Russian Strelitz,
- Austrian Roundshier
- Cossacks and Vityaz
- Generic Cuirrassier
- Generic grenadier
Is this the order you are doing them? I would like the generic grenadier to be moved up in that case. Without generic units the civspecific are "useless", IYSWIM.

I made pcx:s for the Turkish Pikeman; Large, Small (using the gif you posted) and units32 (using the Default) pics. The units32 might be spotty, but it should be civ specific, something which is often ignored.

Attachments

• turkishpikeman_pcxs.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 218
Man this thread rocks!

I want to learn to convert the units! I will make all muslim units then!

4 new units to download : Austrian musketeer, Highlander, Streletz and Generic Grenadier.
I'm also slowly doing unit32 and pedia icons. I will probably released them later in one single package, when all the units are finished.

Originally posted by Steph
4 new units to download : Austrian musketeer, Highlander, Streletz and Generic Grenadier.
I'm also slowly doing unit32 and pedia icons. I will probably released them later in one single package, when all the units are finished.
Downloaded and tested. Very nice, and the generic grenadier will come to good use :D
Small problem with the .INI-file of the austrian musketeer; filenames must be changed from AustrianMusketeer*.flc to AuMusketeer*.flc.
Otherwise it's a big :thumbsup: and :goodjob:

Just a small update today with the generic 18c musketeer.
I've almost finished to uplaod all the infantry units done so far.

I have several cavalry to redo, but one question.

To make the infantry civ scaled, I've reduced their size by 7%. To make Cossacks cavalry the same scale as Civ III cavalry, I need to reduce the size by 20%.

- The cavalry and infantry are not scaled afterward :(
- Details are lost on the cavalry :(

So, I have two possibilities :
- I reduce the size of Cossacks cavalry to match Civ cavalry.
- I keep Cossacks consistent with infantry, and someone increase civ cavalry to have them on scale with infantry.

I've uploaded the Danish Musketeer. This one comes in two version. The standard one, with the orange coat, and civ colored cuffs and strips.
Then the "Naval Infantry" one, where the coat is civ colored.
I'm using this unit in my mode for Naval Infantry (the first amphibious unit, except Scandinavian Berserker), and I wanted to have civ color really showing.
I know it may not be really "navay looking", but this musketeer looks really different from the other Cossacks musketeer, and I think it can fill this slot...

Top Bottom