Melcher's Leaderheads

Hmm, In my eyes all your LHs are almost perfect, but of course I can imagine that you are able to notice many little things on them, that the rest of us can't...

Hehe, thanks!:D
Mainly i'm planning to rework some of the Colonization LHs.

Definitely an improvement on the texturing, but I really liked the "old" one too :)

It's more a quick concept. I want to make her dress more noble and her face a bit more realistic. It's a bit tricky, because i like the old version too and think it fits her really well. I definitely want to keep that.

Personally, I like the old one better, but you should release a version where you can yourself decide which skin to use :)

Yes, of course. I won't replace anything i have released so far. Most likely i will just release a pack with some reskinns, Isabella included.

Edit:

I think that the new face is much prettier, but the old one is more "Isabella-like".

I know what you mean and it's probably more important than a nicer look. But i'm sure i will find a solution to accomplish both. Hopefully.

Good point, thanks. The two screenshots shows different expressions (pleased <--> annoyed, it think), but the face is too soft. I should harden her more!

I definitely like the new dress better on the reworked Isabella. While I do agree that her face isn't what I think of when I picture her ("too soft"), who's really to say what is more accurate? It's not like we have photographs of her, just highly stylized paintings that vary wildly. I feel that the new face is of higher quality, and personally would use it over the original. Outstanding work, regardless of what the final version looks like!

Yesterday i was browsing through some old mod-resource folder of mine. I found a subfolder with old screenshots and my first LH ever. I got curious and checked the date, double-checked with the german forum and you know what? I have made my first LH exactly a year ago to the day. :D

To celebrate i will bore you with some history and stories (mainly only to show some old screenshots)! :D
Enjoy!

This is a screenshot of my first Version of Orkeke, born one year ago.

We needed a LH for a new native faction in our Colonization modification. Otherwise we would have to cut one out. So i though, okay, lets try this.
I studied Ekmeks excellent LH-making tutorial (thanks again for this) and just jumped in.
It was kind of fun, and i was planning to create two more LHs in the future which i though proper LHs-models are kind of lacking. One native female LH and a really fency looking european queen.

But nothing happened until december. I was getting really annoyed over the time with the first Orkeke model and started a completely new version. That's the version you know and i was very pleased with the result. Back then i started to take pleasure in creating LHs.

I have missed a little note. My actual first contact with making LHs was way earlier. Once i have messed around with Capos Dido.

But i wouldn't count that one. Not because it's bad, basically i just have thrown a bunch of meshes via nifscope together and pasted other textures above.
No nono, that's not the spirit!:nono:

With all Lhs i've done so far i learned more and although not everything worked quite well at the beginning, ...

(sorry i had to post this scary one, but that screenshot is just so hilarious)

... at the end i think we get some good results.

I will use this opportunity to thank all of you for your great support, your kind words and feedback. And especially i want to thank Ekmek, The_Coyote and SaibotLieh, without them i wouldn't be able to make LHs like this.

And of course there will be special goody the next few days! :D

Edit: The pictures are vanished! Hope they will stay this time.

Attachments

• first_step.jpg
    first_step.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 675
  • just a reskin.jpg
    just a reskin.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 675
  • what's wrong with you.jpg
    what's wrong with you.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 659
I can't see anything wrong in the last picture. The outfit implies she's British, so the state of her teeth fits :hide:

I can't see anything wrong in the last picture. The outfit implies she's British, so the state of her teeth fits :hide:

And if you put one of those pirate eye-hiding things over the wierd eye, you could release her as some British Privateer. Looks just perfect :p

Agree with ekmek though. Release your Dido.

melcher kürzer;10807300 said:
Yesterday i was browsing through some old mod-resource folder of mine. I found a subfolder with old screenshots and my first LH ever. I got curious and checked the date, double-checked with the german forum and you know what? I have made my first LH exactly a year ago to the day. :D

Hey!
Happy birthday!! ;) :D

Ha, that last one is a gem! :D

And if you put one of those pirate eye-hiding things over the wierd eye, you could release her as some British Privateer. Looks just perfect :p

I totally missed that connection. :lol:
Hope you aren't disappointed that there will be no british pirate. But the files are lost (or better fixed) as Maria Elenora.

i like your texturing on capos dido. can you release it as is?

Luckly i have found her. Normally i don't keep old stuff like this. I'm happy you don't requested one of the other two. They are gone!
Unsupported LH
No official release/ modification resource/important note:
@ all: Keep in mind these files aren't supported by me. I haven't any idea what i was doing back than. Many textures, no shader. You can use this as a base for a new one, bake textures, shader the LH, release her or do everything you want. Just give Capo the credits he deserves.

Okay guys, i promised you a goody, here we go!

Ix Yohl Ik'nal

She was the first female ruler in recorded Maya history and was one of a very few female rulers known from Maya history to have borne a full royal title.
Wikipedia link.

Back to the roots, after one year. Thought it would be a good time to create a second native american female leader. This time much better. And i think i succeeded. Probably my most detailed by now and one of my best.
I used Saibotlieh's Mangammal as a base. Not much is left, added a lot of stuff, complete retexture, changed a lot, adjust the animations, you know me. :D
Still, saved me alot of work and time i could spend otherwise.
So thanks Saibotlieh!

Some more screenshots:
Spoiler :

Hope you like her!
Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Ix Yohl Ik'nal_overview.jpg
    Ix Yohl Ik'nal_overview.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 787
Nice work! :goodjob:

Wonderful!

Very nice leaderhead again. I even did not notice that you used my Mangammal as base until you mentioned it. :)

By the way, I just noticed that you give this line of code in your installation information:
Code:
<Button>,art/LeaderHeads/Yohl/Button/Btn_LH_Yohl.dds</Button>
I know that leaving the comma at that place leads to errors for units and buildings. Did you experience anything like this for your leaderheads if you leave the comma at its place?

Top Bottom