Melcher's Leaderheads

In a game were every leader is standing before a background that is historically correct...

Ix Yohl Ik'Nal was tired of her life as queen of Palenque and wanted to take a holiday,she decided to take a voyage in her time machine to 1140 AD and seeked an audience with King Suryavarman II.She was so impressed by the wondrous temples that she taked a photo of the temples.
She travelled to the year 2011,she was honored to be model for herself in the game:"Civilization IV" and she sended a picture to the modder "melcher kürzer" and said:"Dear melcher,can you please take this as background for the leaderhead of myself,it are very nice temples and are much better then the boring temples that my people build."
:lol:
Sorry,if I"m rude or annoying.
I,IgorS and cybrxkhan are right,they ARE Khmer,NOT Mayan.
It was only a minor annoyance.
Let's wait on an answer from melcher...

Why not just drop this pointless issue?

melcher kürzer;10865745 said:
...But you can't just use any picture, it has to fulfil some criteria.
1. The perspective is important, the right angle and the distance towards the objects. It must look like the leader is standing right in front of you. Therefore anything wrong here will break that illusion.
2. The light and the colors have to fit aswell. The way you illuminate your leader should be fitting the background lighting. This helps a lot to give a leader depth and a connection to the background. A good way to do this is to make one side brighter and the other side darker and then texture and illuminate your leader the same way.
Take a look at my lastest leaderheads, they all follow this rule.
3. The picture should suit to the overall graphic design of the game. I'm not a big fan of real photos for background pictures because of this.

I always try several diffrent background pictures and often edit them heavily. But because of the criteria above i can't give them always the setting i would like. I find the connection between leader and picture is more important. Otherwise it will look like your leader will just stand in front of a picture instead of being part of the picture and will loose a lot of expression.

He chose that setting because it fits the light and details on the leader. Artistic freedom. I'm sorry to say this, but you are acting like a jerk once again. You're turing the forum against you, and that is not the right way to actually get anything of what you want...

He chose that setting because it fits the light and details on the leader. Artistic freedom. I'm sorry to say this, but you are acting like a jerk once again. You're turing the forum against you, and that is not the right way to actually get anything of what you want. I can see why you mention that you don't like moderators in your sig; because the forum reacts to your writing and it's the moderators job to make sure such reactions do not occur and help establish 'peace' and ' happiness' in the forum. I do not mean to be rude by saying this, but please, either you start writing in the more respective and friendly manner like everybody else, or you leave this forum. Again, I mean no offense, but it isn't the moderators who have become a nuisance, it's you. Please understand this... and do something about it.

Peace and love :p
You have hurted me deeply...
You have taken all my encouragement away from me...
I doubt that I well ever release any of my mods,diplomusic,leaderheads...
If I'm a nuisance,my files are a nuisance too,I will delete all my files that are stored in the Download Database and I FORBID people of using ANY of my files that they have stored in their computer in one of their mods...until I get out of my depression...
You destroyed my last piece of good soul...

I'm sorry that I over-exaggerated earlier, but still, just write in another style, a frendlier one. We just want to help, but you keep replying in the same way, and I believe many people are getting tired of it. That is why I react. You have the right to disagree and have your opinion, but that doesn't give you the rigth to negatively critizie everything you don't like. Someone complained about that BG (stating it was bad masonry) earlier, but that complaint was written in a very constructive and friendly way. Write like that, and everything will be much better.

Melcher kürzer,I just downloaded your Ix Yohl Ik'nal leaderhead,but the background doesn't fit...
because I think the Maya did not build Khmer architecture and they are not related to them.
The BG is a sort of Khmer sculpture and so far I know we have found no Khmer temples and statues in America.
Is this real or am I dreaming?
Can you please explain this?

Although frankly the LH kind of covers it anyways, so I don't really think it's that much an issue.

This.

Best example:

Would love to hear a nice background story for this one too.:D

Attachments

• poor catherine.jpg
    poor catherine.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 528
Is that how you made your catherine background?

I thik if you edit the xml in civ5 you can get them to show up blank.

Yes, that's how i did it.
Nice idea, but therefore i would need to own civ5, so that wasn't an option.:D
And i like the total mess hidden in the background.

melcher kürzer;10974516 said:
Yes, that's how i did it.
Nice idea, but therefore i would need to own civ5, so that wasn't an option.:D
And i like the total mess hidden in the background.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. If the LH hides it, excellent. :lol: I also did it a couple of times to hide people or modern lighting posts.

It is quite silent here lately. Sadly i have a lot of stuff to do and not that much time.
So although i have already a concept on how Barbarossa will look like it will take some time to realize it.
Anyways, i have worked quickly on an old unfinished Leaderhead and it turned out pretty well.
So hopefully until Barbarossa is ready there will be a unscheduled Leaderhead in the meantime. Nothing special, but i think you will like this one too.:king:

Well, you've disappointed us with about 0% of your LH's, so I like the odds for your next one :D

melcher kürzer;11016342 said:
It is quite silent here lately. Sadly i have a lot of stuff to do and not that much time.
So although i have already a concept on how Barbarossa will look like it will take some time to realize it.
Anyways, i have worked quickly on an old unfinished Leaderhead and it turned out pretty well.
So hopefully until Barbarossa is ready there will be a unscheduled Leaderhead in the meantime. Nothing special, but i think you will like this one too.:king:

Take your time on Barbarossa, it will be included whenever it's ready ;)
Also, wonderful news on the other leaderhead :D

:lol:

Civfanatics went down earlier, so here we go....again.

Called here Mary, Queen of Hungary. But there was no intention, just needed a name. So feel free to use her as every Leader you like. It's basically a replacement for my Maria Elenora LH.

More Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Download.

Enjoy!

Wow, you achieved your goal of awesomeness :D
The country is also awesome you chose for her ;)

Top Bottom