ZombieNES: Vanity City

Rebuild 2 is out. Wasted so much time on that...

But I cleared 3 cities!

Rebuild 2 is out. Wasted so much time on that...

But I cleared 3 cities!
I played Rebuild 2 a long time ago. Just played it again. It has changed... ALOT. These idiots formed a religious cult and worshiped the zombies... Idiots.

It's Your World

"The masses now know! The revolution has not been televised!" Alexander Washington, much to the chagrin of other survivors, was beating on his drums and preaching again. "It was not anything we could perceive with our minds so boxed in and caught up with all the this' and that's and these things there! We did not see that the corruption of society was manifesting as a corruption within! Now we reap what we have sowed, and it was a foul crop indeed."

Before Alexander, standing attentively, was his usual collection.

Sebastian Gautier, a lanky french-man, once a renowned journalist who devolved into a skittish mouse of a man after the zombie outbreak. Next to Sebastian stood Maddie Star-Shine, though in her mind she was not in a cramped house-turned-fortress with the whole world collapsing around her--she was soaring through clouds, drinking sun rays and eating cosmic dust. She was high. Maddie hummed along with Alexander's drumming, though was so off that it created an unsettling disharmony that engendered more than a few glares from the other survivors.

James 'Tuna' Hofstedter danced behind Maddie and Sebastian. Once a prisoner of the cops--who Alexander cheekily called Jingo and Jango--but were in fact Officer Stan Kaczmerek and Officer Maria Jaworski. The two muttered between themselves and shot occasional tired, annoyed looks Alexander's way, though had particularly venomous eyes for James. He was, after all, a criminal. James had been caught with during a large drug deal and was being held in the Vanity City Police Department's cells when the zombies attacked. For all the cruel metaphors Alexander couched the two officers in, Jingo and Jango were far from cruel people and rescued their prisoner, and in thanks he abandoned them for the New Thinkers.

At first Stan and Maria were convinced that it was just an old dog doing the same tricks he had always known: drugs. Alexander and his rag-tag band had stumbled onto the two officers so mentally far-gone that Alexander mistook Maria for a zombie and charged her, giving her a particularly wicked scar on her side from his knife, which, thankfully, only kissed her due to Alexander's impaired state. Seeing James go over to Alexander and his New Thinkers obviously was just James giving into whatever addiction he had harbored his whole life. Strangely, however, James took to Alexander's cosmic rhetoric like a moth to a flame and seemed to wholeheartedly embrace the intense self-inspection the New Thinkers saw as their path to enlightenment. Dancing, or the strange, jerky, flailing moves he called dancing, was his way to communicate with the energies. James had cut up his orange prison jumper and made it into a large cloak, adding patches and scraps of cloth from torn up clothing the survivors had found. He was a whirling riot of colors as he spun round and round, mumbling something about home being where the hatred is.

Not pleased, not high, and not listening to Alexander was his younger sister, Octavia Washington. Octavia glared at her brother as much as the other survivors, though suffered his ramblings out of the love she bore for him and the keen realization that Alexander was a damaged man. He was once a soldier--a part of himself which occasionally surfaced from the drug-addled depths whenever zombies appeared--and had done terrible things during the Vietnam war. Exactly what these things were Alexander would never reveal, but his hollow, glazed look whenever he was in the valley between coming down and going up told Octavia all she needed to know.

She had gone to school to be a nurse, though when the Black Power Movement began she quickly abandoned that pursuit and became a front-runner for D.C.'s burgeoning civil rights scene. Octavia discovered that she was a fairly capable artist and sought to speak to the masses through sweeping, abstract paintings that she was sure were presently being torn up by zombies if the outbreak had spread to the nation's capital (some even said it began there, but for her family's sake she refused to entertain such thoughts). When her brother returned from 'Nam and left his family and birthplace she fled after him in the hopes that she might heal whatever wounds the war had ripped into his soul.

She doubted that would happen now as she was too preoccupied with tending to whatever wounds the survivors took from the zombies, though she always kept an eye on her older brother.

"It's your world now!" Alexander yelled, "It's not too late to take and be truly free! We have shook off the shackles that claimed the greedy, shambling masses that throw themselves at us every day! Life runs in our veins and we should run that life however we want it!"

Alexander banged his drums and hummed a song that he was not playing.

Hehehe, i feel like this is gonna be pretty fun! :D

When i wrote my team list, i was kinda in a hurry. I had imagined a little background for my characters and wanted to write it too. I hope its ok if i do that now, since you already started writing the story and all... I updated my other post, it goes as follow.:

Vanity city country club.

Frank Douglas - ( Local golf celebrity ) - Leader - Iron putter and a pair of balls
Frank, 32 years old, a tall man with a macho attitude. He is always the one to talk loudly and joke around. His wealthy grandfather owns the biggest cattle ranch in the region. Most of his extended family is working in the "beef" business. Although Frank holds shares in his Granddad's company, he spends most of his time at the golf club. Local champion for the last four years, he is working to make it to the masters. He is widely acknowledged for his powerful drive

Jimmy Burton - ( Frank's caddy ) - Scavenger - Golf cart, carries Frank's other golf gear.
Jimmy, 22 years old, a high school drop out. Jimmy, after he dropped school, had a couple bad years hanging out with bums and getting drunk with other bad types. However, he had been wanting to do better in the last years and had found a job at the country club. From there, he quickly got hired by Frank as a personal caddy. For some reason, Jimmy does not mind Frank's constant talking and bragging. Other caddies were usually driven mad after a while working with Frank but not Jimmy. This is the reason Frank likes him. Jimmy, while not the brightest star in the sky, is somewhat street smart in his own way.

Ernest Hovington - ( Golf club regular ) - Scavenger - Scuba diving equipment with diving tank.
Ernest, 43 years old, General store owner. Ernest works hard maintaining his general store, however he spends a lot of his free time playing golf at Vanity's country club. No matter how much he likes golf, he is not the best at it... Or rather not the most accurate, which is why you can sometime see him diving in the golf courses ponds, scavenging golf balls.

Bennett Prescott - (Country club's security guard) - Soldier - Pistol, taser
Bennett, 51 years old, slightly pot-bellied, big mustache, sunglasses, nasty tobacco chewing habits... The stereotypes are strong in this one. However, you'd better not mess around with Bennett, he's put more than a few bums back in their place.

Dirk Wiggler - (Country club maintenance guy) - Builder - Gas Lawnmower and Country Club key set.
Dirk, 40 yrs old. He's been the Club's maintenance guy for over 10 years. Rather short but very stout, Dirk is a resourceful man. He can fix just about anything and does a pretty good job of it, even though he uses duct tape very often. He usually works by himself and does not talk much. However, you can often hear him grumble to himself about how he is the only one doing actual work at the golf club. But deep inside, hidden under the appearances, Dirk is a selfless man. He really likes to help others and is utterly good intentioned. He is the kind of guy prone to heroic acts, or heroic death...

Perfectly fine, MaxWar. However, only Jimmy and Frank are here at the beginning. Maybe they lost their companions somewhere along the way, maybe they died. They might resurface.

Very 70s story, nutranurse. I am digging it.

Perfectly fine, MaxWar. However, only Jimmy and Frank are here at the beginning. Maybe they lost their companions somewhere along the way, maybe they died. They might resurface.

Np, I understood that much! Just felt i had to put some meat around the bones, so you have a better idea of how i imagined the characters. Its the first time i get involved in a NES btw. ( Beside fixing a bunch of old 8 bit consoles that is :lol: )

Hahaha, that's a pretty awesome combo.

Rocket City Rednecks
Jessica sat around the campfire with Richard and Henry just inside of the walls. "I wonder how Steve and Jordan are doing right now. Those two could survive anything. I bet they are running around with the Riffs right now clear city blocks for fun... I still think about how we became separated...
It was a dark and stormy night. We had split up into two teams so we could cover more ground. I was with Steve and Jordan holding my Lee-Enfield rifle. I had become low on rounds and the streets were empty. I had just noticed how silent the streets were when the silence was broken by the gurgling scream of a survivor being killed by the Zed. Suddenly, the Zed were everywhere. Harris went down. Next Sarah went down. It was pure chaos. I used the last of my bullets and took out several Zed but they just kept on coming." She shuddered before she continued. "Our group of survivors were beginning to drop like flies. Next Kendra went. Then the newest member of the group, Gordy died. I had ran out of bullets and the Zed had finally reached me. I used the Lee-Enfield and my knife to defend myself but there was too many. The group became separated during the fight and I was just about to die when your group found us. You managed to save two of us. The other two contacted us with radios later but they were on the other side of the massive wall of Zed and we could not reach them. We still attempted though and by the time we broke through, they were no longer in radio range. The riffs of New York then numbered 26. We eventually made our way west until we reached this city. It seemed like it was swarmed with Zed so we went in. There was many many Zed in the city and it took all 26 of us to reach the first group of humans we had seen in forever. The group we are with now. The other 23 that were living when we entered this horrid city are now dead as we had decided to search this city to figure out why they were so concentrated here. We had managed to kill several of the Zed but they had still thinned our ranks down to us three. Now we sit around this campfire talking about horrible pasts. What shall we do now boys? I think I need a new weapon. Should we go out and look for one?"
Richard suddenly awoke "snrk snrk snort HUH? What did you say?" "You weren't even listening to me!" Jessica was shocked and she slapped Richard across the face. "Ow darlin that kinda hurt. I think we should do whatever you said."

Orders:
The Rocket City Rednecks are to go out and find a weapon for Jessica once the walls are not surrounded by Zed.

Eliza Harding & Co
Orders
  • Sandy Bottom and Aaron Vetter to hook up with the crazy rednecks to search for weapons, food, and fuel. Take back as much as can be carried with a priority on weapons and food
  • Eliza and JC to do a meet and greet with everyone else - have a chat and see what mutual objectives everyone has (apart from staying alive) - while also inspecting the walls of the compound to make sure the defences are up to scratch.

Story
Will have one but it might miss deadline - big exam in 12 hours so I gotta sleep.

Vanilla City Saints Orders

The Roses will hook up with the Rednecks, Vetter, and Bottom to search for weapons, food, and fuels. Priority on weapons and food.

Thomas Johnson will talk to everyone just to make sure everyone is more or less on the same wavelength.

Do you want us to post our orders here, Eltain?

Yeah, wherever.

EDIT: A whole day to go and 4/9 orders in.

Orders:

Frank: If zombies are not an immediate threat/concern, his priority is to get information about the other survivors, see what their individual skills and goals are. He talks a lot with the group in order to work toward a cohesive strategy for the group. His second priority is scouting the surrounding land and building a map of the area. If zombies are a concern: Frank really likes to imagine clever ways of killing, fooling or tricking zombies.

Jimmy, as the faithful caddy that he is, never gets far away from Frank and mostly stays silent, unless Frank gives him specific directives. However, as much as he can without getting away from Frank, Jimmy likes to inspect the fortifications and see if there are weak points. Whenever they are outside, Jimmy is always on the lookout for useful items, whatever it may be. Once again, he never gets far away from Frank. Jimmy usually does not talk much unless he feels he has something useful to say.

Orders:

The group, consisting of Father Cornelius, Victor and John make their way a little to the east along 10'th Avenue, with Cornelius looking for supplies and precious whiskey, while Victor and John stand guard, ready to kill any undead that draw close to their little defensive positions. Cressick is not in the least worried about zombies, and Cornelius is still a little drunk off of his last batch of whiskey and grain alcohol to be worried at all, with Victor concerned for the welfare of their former partners Kyle and Seth lost in the rubble of this collapse society.

OOC: Sorry I could not get a story in today, I've been rather busy with an assortment of stuff in the afternoon.

Day 2
Tuesday, March 12th, 1974

"30 of us banded together here and now. For companionship in this harsh new world.. for security, for the greater good? Who knows."

Several explosions mid-afternoon today rocked the fort to its foundations. It came from across the city. If the initial noise didn't draw all the zombies away, the billowing clouds of smoke and subsequent klaxon or air raid sirens (which I'm assuming are automated), did.

If they weren't automated, who turned them on, and for what reason on this great green earth would they? Just seems like something to investigate.

--Jennifer Davidson

Tuesday, 3/11/74

Madeline Star-Shine is not a stupid girl. After several failed attempts to teach her about medicine, I sat long and hard and thought about a different approach. I started teaching her about muscles and the healing properties of therapeutic massage and she took to it like a zombie to an explosion. Hah. Get it? Cause the zombies, they all.. yeah. Lame, even written down.

Anyway, I'm sure Maddie will out-class me soon through experimentation on Wise One, who volunteered for free massages.

3/11/74, continued.

Come to think of it, isn't Ken Trembley a registered nurse? Yeah, yeah he is. Was. Is? Anyway, he was trouping around with those old guys, and he has a first aid kit.

--Octavia Washington

Wow, what a day. Someone got together a big scavenging party and we ransacked a bunch of houses looking for useful stuff on West 9th Av and Garland St. Jessica found herself a nice crowbar and I was sure she had a hard-on. Anyway, so we get to this one house, see, and we circle around it, all defensive like, when suddenly a big black guy with a machete jumps out from a second story window, scaring the living (pun) ---- out of everybody. Kaczmerek controls himself (like a ---- cop, kudos to him and his training - maybe he should train some of us) but Henry-the-god-awful-Hick fires his darn flame-thrower at him.

The guy wasn't dead, though, and had a big house full of supplies. The place is real boarded up and strong looking, too. He had holed up in his attic, which had an awesome pull-string retractable ladder. We all pitched in putting some bandages on his wounds and apologizing, and he offered us canned gourmet truffles and hot peas.

In all, Me, Sandy, Jessica, Richard, Henry, Stani..s.loss, Maria, Amanda, Donatello and Isaiah ended up hauling all his awesome stuff back to the fort.

--Aaron Vetter

+Survivor, Isaiah Wilkerson, +60 food, +2 AK47s, +iodine tablets, +2 1st aid kits, +3 bicycles, +2 empty 5 galleon cannisters

Hey. We had a sit down today. Wise One suggested everyone list their favorite animal, and what has been bugging them lately. Obviously we all listed the zombie apocalypse and what-not, but a few of us (namely Amanda Rose) mentioned the lack of a steady source of food;* what with the zombies outside our door and all**, we couldn't exactly go out and scavenge, could we. And she had a damn good point.

*Yes, I know how to use a semi-colon. Bite me.

**Funny thing: near the end of the discussion there was a huge explosion outside, which scared all the zombies off. fukken A.

Oh, and bears.

--J. Cooper

All of those bodies outside the house need to be buried properly. The zombies we can burn, I imagine. Or just throw out. Our gasoline is precious, I'm told. Only a dozen galleons. Shame. I blame the Arabs and their damn hoarding. Man up and fight the Israeli on your own.

Tom Haley

Well, today I chatted up some of the other survivors. Tom Haverly and Mr. Richardson (old chap wouldn't give his first name?) seemed a good old sort, as well as the young miss Eliza Harding and Victor Harrison. After that, Jimmy and I went gallumping looking for zombies to golf at, but we didn't find a single one. That explosion across the river certainly did intrigue them, didn't it. It seemed to be coming from the GM factory, but I can't be sure, and it doesn't seem worth mentioning. It'd only stir the others into a frenzy.

Frank Douglas

Today, Alexander, James Hofstedter and I searched several nearby houses for aspirin or first-aid kits. Apparently these people either hide such items, or someone cleared most of the houses before we did. We did find a fire-extinguisher though. We tested it (which was fun), and it works. That is very good. We saw literally no zombies along the way.

Sebastian Gauthier

+1 bottled aspirin, +1 fire extinguisher

Hey man. How's it going? Haha, yeah, I envisioned you reading this in the future, too. No, I know, crazy, right? I forgot too, man. Anyway if you ever read this (without dying) go to the co-op and get your money out, man. The banks are gonna fail and

^
|
\-- sorry about that

I made a sweet knife-spear-thing out of my combat knife. I duct-taped then tied it to a pipe I borrowed from the basement. I tested it by sticking a zombie in the eye with it through the fence section. It totally works.

Oh, we also went looking for drugs or anything medicine related. Octavia's kind of decided we'd be looking for them.

Wise One

+sweet knife-spear-thing, +5 food

After the explosion-earthquake, JC and I went around the entire outer fence. Other than the obvious hole-in-the-wall-we-parked-a-bus-in-front-of, narry a speckle nor spot. We oughta patch that thing up, come to think of it.

--Eliza Harding

Vic, the Father and I all made our way east along West 10th Av today. Not a single zombie in sight. Guess those damn sirens blaring all day are more interesting than a bunch of nutjobs in a Colonial, eh?

Anyway, we found canned peaches and some other stuff in a couple houses along the way. No booze, though.

--John Cressick

+4 food, +hunting knife, +lighter

Officers Kaczmerek and Jaworski stand before the gathered crowd in the large dining room. Everybody is seated in chairs, on the floor or on the table, while the two officers stand.

Kaczmerek speaks: "Thank you all for joining us. Tomorrow I'll - we'll be hosting a gun-safety demo," he stammered, glancing at his partner.

Jaworski chimes in: "What happened this afternoon with Isaiah was a real shame. Fella's got a good long survival history behind him, only to be shot with a flame-thrower, foolish as jumping on top of his saviors might be."

Kaczmerek: "Everybody is invited and strongly encouraged to attend. We don't want a repeat of what happened to our newest member, Isaiah."

Everybody, including Maria and Stanislaus, started clapping at this, looking at Isaiah, wearing his bandages, seated in the only comfortable chair in the entire house.

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Stuff got used:
- 30 food eaten

Stuff got found:

+5 + 4 + 60 = 69 food found

+3 Bicycles

+1 Bottle of Aspirin (5 uses)
+5 Iodine Tablets (water purification)
+2 1st Aid Kits

+2 5-Galleon gas cans. (empty)
+1 Fire Extinguisher (2 uses)

+2 AK47s

Spoiler :
A very well written and organized set of orders.

Originally Posted by nutranurse
Sebastian, James, and Alexander are to go out on their usual scavenging runs and scavenge. James and Sebastian will do the majority of ferreting out of supplies while Alexander covers them. Since no one probably trusts Alexander with a gun have him fashion a makeshift-spear via duct-taping his combat knife to the end of a sturdy stick, pipe, or whatever else he finds.

Preferably they will be sober, but with this group who knows if that is even possible!

They are mainly looking for medical supplies, with a secondary focus on canned foods.

The search for medical supplies has been more or less mandated by Octavia, who is quickly becoming more than her brother's keeper, but the keeper of the other New Thinkers. Octavia dropped out of nursing school a bit early, though she remembers enough to deal with the minor wounds the survivors incur during day-to-day activities. She also has enough common sense to realize that the survivors are running low on medicine.

In her off-time Octavia will try and impart some of her knowledge to Maddie, though the success of this is dubious given Maddie's disposition to dispose of numerous substances into her body.

Summary
Alexander, Sebastian, and James go scavenging for common medical supplies; James and Sebastian do most of the grunt work while Alexander keeps point with a make-shift spear
Octavia tries to teach Maddie a little bit of how to heal the body with actual medicine and not this hippie mumbo-jumbo spirit magic

BananaLee's were good as well, precisely what I asked for.

I find it very enjoyable writing for those different characters. Hopefully someone other than me will be able to tell the difference. Of course, I won't be able to write for your characters nearly as well as you, so go ahead and show me how it's done! It'll be fun. :)

Rocket City Rednecks
Jessica was stroking her finger up the sort-of-bent crowbar as the other two walked in. "Hello boys. Where's that big gun you are always toting around?" "Upstairs Jessy. We should go to that gun safety thingamajig. Don't you think so Henry?" Richard said as he elbowed Henry. "I was shooting at something I though was attacking us... I didn't look before I shot. Normally, that's how you survive in this horrible situation. I think we should skip the gun safety thing and go North on Lyon Street ransacking homes for food, water, gas, and weapons. Survivors are important too. If we find any alchy though, It's ours." "I think that is a good idea. We should go out now and head North scavenging for that stuff." replied Richard. They went scavenging up the street until the first intersection and then took a left. If any zombies attack, they get burnt.

Summary: The RCRs skip the gun safety thing and go out foraging instead. They are to go North on Lyon Street until the first intersection. At that intersection, they turned left and went down the street. They are ransacking homes and whatnot looking for food, water, medicine, weaponry, tools, gas, and alcohol. Once they fill themselves with supplies, they will go back to the base a start out again where they left off.

The Dairy of Sebastian Gautier
12th of March, Tuesday, 1974

8:00
Going out today, god knows why--medicine, Octavia tells us, that we need medicine. There is a whole horde of zombies out there and we're getting medicine? I do not give a damn if I get a scrape or something when I am fending off some $*#@ing monster from hell. Are these things from hell? I am not a religious person or anything, but it, I mean, I did not exactly believe in zombies either.

*Scribbled out portion, visible elements talk about a fire-extinguisher and something about a homemade spear*

19:22
----The more I think on it the more that it seems almost believe able. What if the rapture happened? What if we are actually in hell or something--or worse?

Top Bottom