Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls V

Usually there is a vessel containing hot coals hanging above the oil. Fire an arrow at the vessel and it will fall to the ground igniting the oil.

Alternatively, firebolt!

That is a method, you can shoot firebolt or flames to light the oil and send it burning up into a pyre.

For captured souls, if you are doing enchanting or need to refill magical weapon's charge, they come in handy. Enchanting allows you to add effects to your armor and weaponry, like adding fire damage to your swords or bow, and fortifying your stamina with your armor. :)

Dear Bethesda, there is only one way to deal with quest items:
Cannot be dropped. Have their own tab in inventory. Weigh zero.
At least you got the first part right. Although it baffles me how you would get that first part right and the rest wrong. It suddenly becomes the worst possible way to deal with quest items one could conceive.

Spoiler :
Don't even mention it... I believe my most hated item was the Elder Scroll because you couldn't even get rid of it, unless you by chance met that one librarian in the whole game who you could sell it to.

10 weight that you cannot drop because you've completed the main quest? Great stuff!

I don't know what they were thinking.

Spoiler :
You mean "the one librarian you were directed to speak to as part of the quest to get the elder scroll, and who manifested an interest in getting one"?

(That's if you got to the Elder Scroll via the main quest)

Spoiler :
You mean "the one librarian you were directed to speak to as part of the quest to get the elder scroll, and who manifested an interest in getting one"?

(That's if you got to the Elder Scroll via the main quest)

Spoiler :
I really never had any reason to pay much heed to that. I was lucky that I had business with him after the quest, as I don't think that I got a reminder about his interest in the scroll. I was just happy I got rid of the damn thing.

About the scroll:
Spoiler :

First of all it weighs 20 pounds !!!!!!! :mad:

And i got it accidentally while doing a daedric quest. I've been lugging it for ages, wondering how to get rid of it.

I guess i found out now that i have to advance the main plot to get rid of the blasted thing.

Anywho
The reason why i hate doing main plot quests is because there is a bug in it in my game. The old guy, Esbern(?), has the voice files missing or smthing. So when dialogue with him comes up, the text just skips ahead. So i don't understand much of what i am doing. :confused:

I think someone should try dropping all their equipment to the ground except the scroll. See if it counts as weight. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow these items were weightless... Making us rage at nothing. But that's okay I could always divert my rage at their crappy information delivery/UI system.

Quest items should either have weight and be sellable like in Morrowind or have no weight and undroppable. Mixing the two is a recipe for disaster.

Usually there is a vessel containing hot coals hanging above the oil. Fire an arrow at the vessel and it will fall to the ground igniting the oil.

Alternatively, firebolt!
I don't carry bows or arrows so next time I will try attacking the embers with my Ax to knock it over.

How did you drown when you have be underwater for so long?

Unknown gems? Try talking to the two members of the Thieves Guild in Riften that give you jobs, it's certainly one of them.

To fill soul gems, you can either cast a soul trapping spell before killing an enemy or, much easier, enchant your weapon with a soul trapping enchantment.
So to enchant my weapon with a soul trapping spell, I need to find a weapon with that ability and disenchant it to learn to enchant my weapon, right?

For my first swim, I stripped my little lady warrior down to her skivvies and knife and jumped in. I then had her swim around along the bottom of the grotto's lagoon. Suddenly she stopped swimming, floated motionless, and the game reverted to my last save. I then tried swimming along the surface and diving down every now and again. that worked well so I looked far and wide for my prize which was right under my nose the whole time. :lol: And it appears that she swims just as well fully armored as almost naked.

I am mostly playing off the main quest track and haven't been to Riften yet. I am enjoying just wandering around the countryside. I have stumbled across several dragons, but the dragon walls seem harder to find.

How tough are the giants? I see them from time to time, but have stayed away?

So to enchant my weapon with a soul trapping spell, I need to find a weapon with that ability and disenchant it to learn to enchant my weapon, right?
Yes. You could also buy such a weapon from stores sometimes.

I am mostly playing off the main quest track and haven't been to Riften yet. I am enjoying just wandering around the countryside. I have stumbled across several dragons, but the dragon walls seem harder to find.
They're mostly on top of mountains.

Let me put it this way: if you do not have enough armor/health, you're joining their space program as a test subject the moment you anger one of them.

Yes. You could also buy such a weapon from stores sometimes.

They're mostly on top of mountains.

Let me put it this way: if you do not have enough armor/health, you're joining their space program as a test subject the moment you anger one of them.
So resistance to shock might be important. :lol: I'm only level 14 with 190 health and steel armor, so I will stay away a bit longer.

Link to video.

...yeah, you may want to invest in some ranged magic spells (FIREBALL!!) and/or a boatload of arrows and attack from a distance. Oh and investments in stamina and using the wirlwind shout wont hurt, to gain distance away from the Giants who love to play Adventurer Ball. :p

ha HA! I KNEW IT. Now back home, I tested it myself... Everybody ignored my warning but here; I dropped every item I could drop (so all keys and quest items still were in my inventory). Now Look at my quest item weight, and all the stones from that quest... And look at my total carried weight... (I guess maybe minor spoilers)

Seems like you guys are gonna have to stop blaming quest items and start keeping those potions and ingredients for your trouble keeping carried weight under control ;) But seriously, I hate weight management, this is where I don't care about zero realism. Maybe they should just work with a slot system I don't know.

Spoiler :

Anyway screw you Bethesda and your unclear inventory. Why not just write "Weight 0" for all the quest items? Some of them DO have a zero weight and aren't small too.

Link to video.

...yeah, you may want to invest in some ranged magic spells (FIREBALL!!) and/or a boatload of arrows and attack from a distance. Oh and investments in stamina and using the wirlwind shout wont hurt, to gain distance away from the Giants who love to play Adventurer Ball. :p
Awesome! I guess you died.

Top Bottom