NFL Playoffs

Yes, but you should still be able to depend on your kicker to make easy 35 yard field goals that Wes Welker probably could have made. Kickers are a mainstay of the team. If your kicker stinks when you depend on him, you're sunk.
Fields goals are not automatic. On average, kickers would miss that field goal attempt 1 in 10 times.

Good thing David Tyree isn't around anymore.

Super Bowl

Patriots 26 Giants 20

I don't think I'm going to even bother watching the Superbowl. Maybe they can both lose.

I don't think I'm going to even bother watching the Superbowl. Maybe they can both lose.
I'll probably watch it for the company, since a friend's getting a pretty good party going. If I have to root for one, I guess it'll be New Jersey, but I really can't get myself to like either team.

Triangle Head versus the forces of darkness? :ack: Roll on August...

:( Wanted to play the Niners in the Superbowl.

Sad night for SF. Muffed punt... twice! What a tough way to go out. I have to hand it to Niners fans though, they take losing much more gracefully than my east coast brethren. Overheard lots of "well it was a good season" and "we made it this far, they tried really hard" and so on.

What a tough way to go out. I have to hand it to Niners fans though, they take losing much more gracefully than my east coast brethren. Overheard lots of "well it was a good season" and "we made it this far, they tried really hard" and so on.

Haha, well that's Bay Area sports for ya! We always go in with really low expectations, but are over the moon when we win! I think the best example is in baseball, where in NY a player will be booed for not scoring from first on a double, and in SF the team will get a standing o for getting a player to third without anyone doing anything stupid or getting out! :lol:

But yeah, I'm glad for the team. This was the best the team has looked in years. My dad actually followed football for the first time since 2005. I actually believed in Smith for awhile there and Harbaugh's secured his job for at least the next 5 years. We've got some great defensive rooks in Smith and Culliver and we have a great young base to build a franchise around. We don't really have to resign too many big names this year, so that's good, which means, hopefully we can throw the gobs of money we got from 2 home playoff games at building a receiver corps, because, apparently, it turns out you can't actually have a passing game with a HB, a TE, and one good receiver, who knew! I'm really looking forward to next year though!

Bummed about the super bowl. I really don't know who to root for. Maybe I'll just root for Eli and Brady to get picked off a bunch and then I'll root for me winning money in the squares pool.

New England over Baltimore
New York over San Francisco

Super Bowl: New York over New England

So, this is still possible...

I'll be watching the super bowl at my best friends house. He's a huge Giants fan. As much as it disgusts me, maybe I should just pretend to root for the Patriots, just to make things a little more lively... ? ;)

Cundiff's miss was bad, but IMHO the Evans drop was even worse. Very lazy play by a veteran receiver with a trip to the super bowl on the line. :mad: I'd be very pissed if I was his coach. I'd say he's definately not back with the Ravens next year.

Oh christ, Packers v Giants, how dull. Won't be taking the morning off for this one.

Now the NBA can go ahead and disappoint me with a riveting Lakers-Bulls final.

:|

Guess I should go ahead and predict a winner.

Patriots 18 Giants 5
BenJarvus Green-Ellis MVP

:( Wanted to play the Niners in the Superbowl.

Sad night for SF. Muffed punt... twice! What a tough way to go out. I have to hand it to Niners fans though, they take losing much more gracefully than my east coast brethren. Overheard lots of "well it was a good season" and "we made it this far, they tried really hard" and so on.

And yet the bobbleheads are giving Eli the credit for the win...

And it's easy to be graceful when making the NFC Championship in a year that
a playoff appearance did not seem to be a given in August.

The endzone catch at the end? He didn't drop it, it was stripped. Nice play actually.

Good point. Evans actually had the ball and the touchdown, but the Patriots DB (Moore?) made an excellent strip.

Good point. Evans actually had the ball and the touchdown, but the Patriots DB (Moore?) made an excellent strip.

I agree that the DB played it very well, but Evans was lazy on the play. He should've just secured the ball better. Perhaps drop was the wrong word, lazy catch would've been better....

Sorry to see the Giants win. I was really hoping that the 49ers would go. Super Bowl prediction: Giants win. It's going to happen, even though I hate it. I'll especially hate how Victor Cruz catching his 3rd touchdown of the game will be compared to David Tyree's catch. :(

Also, you know those Ghost Rider movie ads? At first, I couldn't figure it out. But then it hit me:
Spoiler :
+
Spoiler :

+
Spoiler :
All of them, put on the same team = Tom Coughlin:
Spoiler :

Top Bottom