What leaders and/or nations do you want in Civilization VII?

Robert Walpole (Britain):
+20% generation of great merchant and great engineer points
Inspirations for cultural research provide a 60% boost

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk (Turkiye):
Your troops get +20% combat effectiveness in areas where your culture is the primary influence
Your culture influence is +20% higher in territory you control

Indira Ghandi (India):
War doesn't generate unhappiness
Military units stationed in cities double the prevention of rebellions (however that system works in the game)

Your troops get +20% combat effectiveness in areas where your culture is the primary influence

Indira Ghandi (India):
Military units stationed in cities double the prevention of rebellions (however that system works in the game)
Did you mean this for the 'Design Your Own Civ/Leader' thread?

Indira Ghandi (India):
No Indira. Please no Indira.

Bohemia/Czech. How the hell are they not in even as a city-state? Jan Zizka invented the prototype for the tank 500 years ahead of schedule. If you would rather have Jan as a GG, there's good king Wenceslaus from folklore. There's an unfortunately broken mod on Steam.

Bohemia/Czech. How the hell are they not in even as a city-state? Jan Zizka invented the prototype for the tank 500 years ahead of schedule. If you would rather have Jan as a GG, there's good king Wenceslaus from folklore. There's an unfortunately broken mod on Steam.
Jan Žižka makes more sense as a Great General. Besides Václav other candidates are Ottokar II and Charles I as leaders

Jan Žižka makes more sense as a Great General. Besides Václav other candidates are Ottokar II and Charles I as leaders
Vaclav died significantly more recently than Indira Gandhi, who is currently the leader who officially appeared in a Civ iteration who died the most recently. Charles I ruled a lot more than just Bohemia.

Vaclav died significantly more recently than Indira Gandhi, who is currently the leader who officially appeared in a Civ iteration who died the most recently. Charles I ruled a lot more than just Bohemia.
Charles IV, not Charles I :blush:

I was referring not to Vaclav Havel but to the first Vaclav, the Good King of the Christmas carol

Vaclav died significantly more recently than Indira Gandhi, who is currently the leader who officially appeared in a Civ iteration who died the most recently.
Václav is simply the Czech translation of Wenceslaus. They did not mean the president Václav Havel (nor his successor Václav Klaus, who still happens to be alive), they quite obviously meant Saint Wenceslaus, the Duke, when they mentioned folklore.
While I absolutely do endorse Charles IV as the single-handedly best choice for Bohemia for taking a ruined and bankrupted kingdom and leaving it a shining centre of trade, culture, commerce and learning, his reign being considered a golden age of the land, there is one thing I'd like to note - while technically correct in that as a king of Bohemia, he would be Charles I, noone calls him that, not even here in Czechia - we go for his imperial numeral, Charles IV. When saying Charles I, we usually mean Charles I, the last Emperor of Austria-Hungary (even though as a King of Bohemia, he would be Charles III. And no, not even Charles II is correct for the corresponding king - that's Charles VI, once again using the imperial numeral). A far less impressive leader choice, that is :p.

I'd also like to broaden the selection of leaders - first and foremost King Wenceslas II of the Přemyslid dynasty, the successor of Ottokar II, who was an impressive king who managed to use a discovery of silver in Bohemia particularly well - the Prague groschen - the currency he created managed to remain one of the most demanded currencies in Central Europe for over two centuries! The mining code created for the occassion of the finding of the silver deposits - the ius regale montanorum - which he created with the help of Italian law scholars was also a particularly good piece of legal work that was used in Bohemia for centuries, too. He also managed to diplomatically secure the Polish crown for himself and the crown of Hungary for his son (though this triple personal union lasted for very short time due to Wenceslas II dying in his 30s and his son getting assassinated in his teens, heirless). George of Poděbrady is an interesting choice, too, for his at the time surprising religious tolerance (being a Hussite monarch that tried his best to have both Catholics and Hussites of the Kingdom live in harmony) and for his very active diplomatic efforts in Europe.

Delhi Sultanate should be added alongside Chola.

Top Bottom