The American Conquest Collection Library

Attachments

• pueblopeasant.png
    pueblopeasant.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 2,962
1st respond

Wow Great, I notice you don't have the Delaware units.
I've got the game and the Fight Back expansion with the Dutch, Portuguese, Russians, Germans and Haida Indians.
If you want me to sent you there files if possible let me know

the image for the artillery is just a dark pink rectangle

and durfal, thee's at least one Delaware unit in there (a Shooter)

Hip hip hip !

I hope you start converting the Amerindian fighting units (we will have a bunch of units to add into the Meso-American scenario of Conquests) !

And I don't even have to do the early French rifleman (bicorn hat).
You save me a lot of work !!!! :D

Question though : how are we supposed to deal with units carrying the same names but different looks between Cossacks and American Conquest ? Any preferences ? Should we consider them mostly as colonization oversea troops ?

I will start by the Spanish and the Mayan, because it's what I have in the demo. Then, it wil depends of what I can get from owner of the game. I won't buy it now because:
- I don't have good finance :(
- The expansion back will be stand alone, and brings 5 new nations (Germany, Russia, Netherlands, Portugal and another native), so I will wait for it : no need to buy American Conquest if I don't need it for the expansion!

About the troops that have same names and different looks, you can :
- Keep the nicest one
- Use one for another country
- Use it for a slighlty different time period. exemple : The Cossacks Spanish Dragoon could become a Cavalry

Originally posted by durfal
1st respond

Wow Great, I notice you don't have the Delaware units.
I've got the game and the Fight Back expansion with the Dutch, Portuguese, Russians, Germans and Haida Indians.
If you want me to sent you there files if possible let me know

I would love it! And I have some delaware units. The pb is the files may be quite big. Would you have the possibility to burn a CD with the files *.gsc or *.gp and sen it to me by snail mail?
I don't need the actual game, just these files.

Crazy sweet.

I'd vote for Amerindian units of all stripes to be converted, once you have the necessary files, because I think we have a good base of European units of the same era already. Not to say more aren't welcome, but maybe the Euro units here can be converted after the Amerindian units get converted.

Wow!

Those units look promising and very nice. Will you start on them after finishing cossacks or you will work on both?

I will work on both. The Cossacks units are almost "finished" as far as I'm concerned. Making the remaining ones requires a lot of copy & paste, and I don't want to make it anymore.
I will do some, the one I really need in my mod, but then if someone want one of the remaining unit, then he has to do the copy & paste himself, and then I'll finish the unit.
If nobody does it, I will eventually do it myself, but it will be very slow, as I have a lot of other projects going.

On the other hand, I can code a special version of SBB that can procude very fast a full storyboard for an American Conquest unit. This means production time divided by 10!
So I will work mainly on American Conquest once I have finished the Cossacks units I have in stock (5 of them). Of course, I will also complete the units Loulong is working on.

Originally posted by Steph
They are! But you have no idea of how awesome they are. Wait for the animation :eek:

I believe you Steph,... soooooo excited... I'm even going to
replace the Americans with the Mayans simply to use these
incredible units sooner... (and it's difficult to imaginatively
integrate the US in 4000bc) ;)

Steph, check your email - I'm sincere in my wanting to help you
out, I just need the cossack unit gb file re-sent. I reinstalled the
Viewer, but can no longer re-download the gb file.

I'll do this this evening. For the Mayans, why don't you wait for Conquest? They should be in.

In my mod, I have an American civilization, that start with the Iroquois, and then continue with the Americans.

So in fact it's iroquois that has been removed

First unit done : the Mayan Pikeman.

I'm sorry, the animations are a bit long. I hope you don't mind...

The quality is lost a bit during the resizing process : the unit would look a lot better at original size, but then it's something like 15% taller than the civ III spearman.

The sounds are not perfect : it's just a link to the impi. If someone want to make better sound, do not hesitate. Send me a PM with the link, and I'll edit the post to put the sound directly with the unit.

One last thing : thanks to my new tool, making the whole unit took me only 15 minutes. So I should be able to convert units quite fast. It's to late for today, I really need to get some sleep : I've been sleeping 4 hours per night for one week to convert Cossacks units and make the American Conquest converter.

I should finish all the Mayan units tomorrow night, then I'll start working on USA units.

Originally posted by Steph
First unit done : the Mayan Pikeman [...]

I should finish all the Mayan units tomorrow night, then I'll start working on USA units.

Amazing. :)

Thanks for all your excellent efforts!

-Oz

Top Bottom