TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Terrance, I will invite him to the conference shortly.

Other stuff...

From Vahlshallah to Armorica;
May we form a defensive pact and an alliance with you sirs? We wish for peace with our Keltian friends, as war among us shall have the land run red with blood.

and that's not a loose alliance except for the Wesfrenks. We in Armorica have dubbed it the Keltic League. Only Druidic nations are allowed in that one. ;)
OOC about Vahshallah mail to me:
I don't want to say yes, and I don't want to say no. Yes would cause no conflict to happen and Keltia would get boring. No would begin the conflict too soon. ;) Basically, you asked a question I cannot answer. :)

:lol:, focus elsewhere then, begin your own Bronze Age Imperialistic campaigns! Brittania can be a nice spot, as well as the south, but working together can mean we act as a buffer for each other.

:lol:, focus elsewhere then, begin your own Bronze Age Imperialistic campaigns! Brittania can be a nice spot, as well as the south, but working together can mean we act as a buffer for each other.
Britannia is off of the list. The only thing I could do there is influence the spread of Dumonos, Lundein, and give it more vassals.
Essentially, creating an even Super Power next door. I'm not doing that though. I have my own expansion planned out.

The soldier stood in line holding his spear, one of the only tools he knew how to use. He looked across the field at the charging barbaric rabble. He next looked at the tightly interlocked shields of the Unsullied. He still couldn't hear the barbarians, there were too many birds. They continuously charged and eventually, he heard their blood curdling howls and their shouts for their leader of the Wesfrenk throne. The next thing he heard was the Captain shouting orders. "Archers, Ready!" and he could feel the tension on the bowstrings behind him. The barbarians came over the last hill and he could now see their faces. Most were snarling or howling. "Loose!" yelled the captain.
Barbarians fell. Nearly every arrow hit it's target. "Fire at will until they reach 20 feet away!" the captain ordered. Frenks continued to fall. Then, they reached 20 feet away, the archers threw down their bows and drew their spears. "You know the drill men! Once they hit, draw your swords! We have work to do!" the soldier could hear faintly as his adrenaline kicked in. The Frenks hit the line and ran into the unforgiving wall of death. The first several Frenks died to spears. The Unsullied dropped them onto the ground and drew their swords.
The soldier could smell the rancid stink of the blood soaked fur the barbarian in front of him wore. The barbarian swung his axe and it got stuck on the top of the shield. The soldier finished him. Then another Frenk took that one's place. Throughout the battle, his arm grew more and more tired and his sword became more slick as he stabbed barbarian after barbarian. Eventually, the ragged band of Unsullied left over managed to break the Frenks. They reformed crescent formation and prepared for another attack.
Spoiler Formations currently used by Unsullied :
Spoiler Crescent Formation :

Spoiler Line Formation((Shield Wall)) :

Spoiler Wedge Formation :

From Exalted King Edguar, via a group of Forman mercenaries

To Sarrukan-sar's forces outside Etass

Those aren't very precise. Will all our taxes be ours? We would like to keep soldiers for regional defense and policing. Will Etass have a demesne which we can control domestic affairs, immigration and trade? We rather preferred our isolation, so in any peace agreement we'd need the ability to control the merchants which pass into Etass.

What is your attitude to these (and any other) issues of control?

Gem Hound, like how you used a Rome: Total War screenshot in there, quite nice. :)

Will have to get formations for the Royal Guard down soon.

The soldier stood in line holding his spear, one of the only tools he knew how to use. He looked across the field at the charging barbaric rabble. He next looked at the tightly interlocked shields of the Unsullied. He still couldn't hear the barbarians, there were too many birds. They continuously charged and eventually, he heard their blood curdling howls and their shouts for their leader of the Wesfrenk throne. The next thing he heard was the Captain shouting orders. "Archers, Ready!" and he could feel the tension on the bowstrings behind him. The barbarians came over the last hill and he could now see their faces. Most were snarling or howling. "Loose!" yelled the captain.
Barbarians fell. Nearly every arrow hit it's target. "Fire at will until they reach 20 feet away!" the captain ordered. Frenks continued to fall. Then, they reached 20 feet away, the archers threw down their bows and drew their spears. "You know the drill men! Once they hit, draw your swords! We have work to do!" the soldier could hear faintly as his adrenaline kicked in. The Frenks hit the line and ran into the unforgiving wall of death. The first several Frenks died to spears. The Unsullied dropped them onto the ground and drew their swords.
The soldier could smell the rancid stink of the blood soaked fur the barbarian in front of him wore. The barbarian swung his axe and it got stuck on the top of the shield. The soldier finished him. Then another Frenk took that one's place. Throughout the battle, his arm grew more and more tired and his sword became more slick as he stabbed barbarian after barbarian. Eventually, the ragged band of Unsullied left over managed to break the Frenks. They reformed crescent formation and prepared for another attack.
Spoiler Formations currently used by Unsullied :
Spoiler Crescent Formation :

Spoiler Line Formation((Shield Wall)) :

Spoiler Wedge Formation :

The Line and the Wedge formations are the best that non-UU units can come up with when they are trained or are veteran (level 2, 3str spearmen, for example). Fresh units just form large clumps on the battlefield.

To Axum From Viria

We say large, not skillful. By Tannu, my grandmother can probably shoot better. We just don't have enough Grandmothers to do the shooting here.
Our target might not even be an enemy, depending on the diplomatic arena.
Here is our offer: We can send you 6 units and 6 ships for 5EP, on the condition that after your war ends you return 3 units and 3 ships. The EP must be payed now. These units can be any mix of archers and spearmen you choose.

To: Danae, Viria, Parusha, and Hormun
From: Karesh, High Priest of Kitab, Representative of the Levantine League

These are truly turbulent times and it is often hard to find good and faithful friends. I hope to walk that path with your people. The League of my home is not ruled by Kings, we do not ask you to bow down, and we do not even interfere in the matters of our own cities, although they feel the pride and prosperity of camaraderie.

But we do wish to expand the trade between our peoples, perhaps tariffs in the League could be lowered towards the Exaltation States if we could hope for the same in return, but all of this is conjecture. What are you comfortable with? Kitab smile upon your people, Resurus grant them strength, and may Morae provide them with skill of their craft. I await your replies.

No one else making characters for the Iron Prophet tournament? A pity then. :(

To: Exalted King Edguar, Master of the Heavenly Kingdom of Etass

You shall possess domestic autonomy over the realm of Etass, answering only to the High-King. There, you shall be the master of your kingdom, the upholder of the law, and granted full administrative powers, so long as your actions do not conflict with the Hyakkid Doctrine. Thus, you may prohibit entry to your kingdom, should you have a legitimate region to do so. I can tell you on good faith that you need not expect masses of Hyakkid settlers inundating your lands, as your Aramyan ancestors once did to the lands of Hyak long below even Zargash-sar had risen to power.

You are free to maintain your own army, as all other Kings under my shield do. This army is not required to fight on my offensive campaigns, although doing so will win you favour in the eyes of Takarzi, and by extension high regard in the eyes of the King. One part in five of your taxation revenues will be tithed to the High-King, the remainder shall be yours to spend as you see fit. This taxation includes toll revenues from trade in your land, although the High-King shall require you to lower tariffs should they severely impede trade through your Kingdom.

Such is my covenant with all Kings who have pledged themselves as my allies.

The Line and the Wedge formations are the best that non-UU units can come up with when they are trained or are veteran (level 2, 3str spearmen, for example). Fresh units just form large clumps on the battlefield.
Even when they spend their entire life up to the battle in training and being drilled? Anyways, those are 4 power Unsullied.

Non-uu units?

Um... yeah. If you buy new soldiers and say "launch attack immediately" or anything that shows you are trying to catch someone else off guard... they aren't going to be in the best shape. Later in the updates, they will form up... but not into any real formations. They don't have real rank and file for untrained units, they will clump into somesort of line and present shields as spearmen, or maybe a wedge to attack with their chief/commander leading. Archers, the battlefield kind, form into various clumps with a range gauger/commander to direct fire-some archers are ranger-type and can do the skirmishing thing better.

Changing of the Guard

"You are here for one purpose, and one purpose only, men." The captain of the company was rigid, tough, and stern as he looked around at the men in formation before him, spears up, black and red armor, helms fashioned out of bronze and shaped in various forms; some were wolves, others were bears, mountain lions, locusts, and others, with the visor retracted back so that the captain could see all of their faces. Two standard bearers flanked the first row of men, the crest on the banners the flag of the New Valyrian Kingdom. "Men, you are here for one purpose, and that purpose is such; the protection of the royal family of the Valyrian Kingdom and the utter loyalty to them, with the willingness to do whatever they order you to do, whenever they order you to do so. Do you understand me soldiers of the Empire!?"

"Yes we do, sir!" The ringing of the chorus of voices echoing out from all seven hundred and fifty throats made the captain of the unit proud.

"Do you understand that what they may order you to do, may mean your death and your end, with your life given for the cause of the New Valyrian Kingdom, and for the salvation of civilians and for the royal family of the fair nation that you protect? Do you realize that what you do can mean the death or the life of hundreds if not thousands of our people, and likewise for the enemy who attacks and pillages us?"

"Yes we do, sir!"

"Are you prepared for war and combat at any time, even if it is against your family and your friends, and even perhaps amongst the men of your own unit?"

"Yes we are, sir!"

"Then prepare, men, for soon the day will come when we put your oaths, to the test!"

@Terrance

Did we ever finish up the line of diplomacy between Vahlshallah and Pommerania/Hamburg?

Understood Terrance, will send details via PM shortly.

Non-uu units?

Um... yeah. If you buy new soldiers and say "launch attack immediately" or anything that shows you are trying to catch someone else off guard... they aren't going to be in the best shape. Later in the updates, they will form up... but not into any real formations. They don't have real rank and file for untrained units, they will clump into somesort of line and present shields as spearmen, or maybe a wedge to attack with their chief/commander leading. Archers, the battlefield kind, form into various clumps with a range gauger/commander to direct fire-some archers are ranger-type and can do the skirmishing thing better.
Even my untrained UU's are intensely trained and should be an exception. The bonus strength that makes 100 Unsullied than 750 spearmen needs to come from somewhere. :)

Top Bottom