TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

DUH, THE UU's ARE THE EXCEPTION HERE.

;)
Okay, I was just saying that since you brought it up after a fight with UU's fighting barbarians. Can't wait till they are a regional unit. :) So much bloodshed would get caused. :mwaha: Anyways, I'm probably going to make a religious unit if that is allowed.

So... how is that whole Iron Lances thing going at the moment?

I'm willing to wait a little bit longer, maybe two days at the most... would have been fun for some competition and I was already forming story ideas :(.

Well, it really depends on the NPC and the mood. Wesfrenks drank itself semi-catonic, while the Phoenician union fended off several generations of Egyptian Pirates.

Gods forbid Vahshallh gets competant AND warthirsty leadership.
If it does, it will hit our arrows, spears, swords, and shields. :)

Well, it really depends on the NPC and the mood. Wesfrenks drank itself semi-catonic, while the Phoenician union fended off several generations of Egyptian Pirates.

Gods forbid Vahshallh gets competant AND warthirsty leadership.

You mean we weren't competent before? I think that you are thinking of Valyria on that note. :p

MINIGAME 2: CAPTURE THE FLAG!!!

4-Most Familiar
“commonly or generally known or seen:”
To win at this criteria, the submission must be able to be accepted into mainstream Asian/American social life. This does not mean copying real life traditions, but that such traditions are grounded in the real world. This is completely opposite to the three above.
NOTES: Probably the worst one to get picked. :lol:. However, fair’s fair, and the winners are those which I can easiest see flying at the UN.
1st-GEMHOUND OF ARMORICA
Gemhound’s flag is simple, utilitarian, but highly symbolic while still easily distinguished from other flags. I don’t know hoe distinguished it will be among other Druidic nations, but that’s another story; his flag is the easiest one I can see flying at the UN for the Independent and Most Serene Republic of Brittany Armorica.
2nd SOUTHERN KING OF DAKINSA RAJ
Simple, utilitarian, symbolic. It’s only fault is the somewhat choppy and mismatched swords, of which the significance is ultimately unknown.
3rd ELTAIN OF CTESIPHOD
Overdone symbolism is also common. Despite its square shape (in itself symbolic), I can see that flag flying over the many soldiers of Ctesiphod while their comissar Rumen General keeps their moral high under the grand ol banner.

Special mention goes to STOCKHOME OF ARAMYA, for protesting the ideas of flags in a time when refined cloth and die are very, very expensive, offering his interesting carvings as an alternative representation of his cultural region. Very interesting ideas and, after personal research, rather realistic as well. Unfortunately, not very familiar. :p

5-Most Awesome
“inspiring awe: an awesome sight.”
I only need this quotes to define this criteria.
Po: "So deadly in fact, that his enemies would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness!"
Blind Gator: "Ahh! My eyes! He's too awesome!"
Spoiler :
1st- TYCHO OF VAHSHALLAH
A black banner whips in the air…a strange design catches the light… no. It cannot be!
Yes, a very effective design on the battlefield; distinctive day and night, with an intricate but easily distinct pattern.
2nd LORD IGGY OF HYAK
Lord_Iggy’s banner can surely rouse any flagging defenders of the Kingdom, and strike fear into the hearts of her enemies.This would have won first place if not for the fact that there is no actual picture… although in some ways it makes his banner even MORE terrifying.
3rd ELTAIN OF CTESIPHOD
The flag in itself is a story of how the republic will assimilate you. ‘Nuff said.

Special Mention goes to Xiyi’s Flag. It would strike more awe if it is more distinctive; as of now it more like a household banner than a flag fit for an Empire; nonetheless, the soldiers who wear it strike enough awe themselves that an excessively gaudy flag will only detract from it. Well played, Optical, well played.

12-Narrative Stretch
This criteria looks at how well the submission reveals new ideas and points of view on the narrative a culture is creating.
1st ELTAIN OF CTESIPHOD
His flag tells the story of the Republic by itself while revealing their semi-xenophobic mentality towards outsiders who reject republicanism.
2nd SPACEMAN OF AXUM
I didn’t really know their emphasis on wheat or kings, although their love of Gold and Galleys are rather well known anyways. Quality does not detract from its narrative value. Welldone!
3rd SKILORD OF THE LEVANTINE LEAGUE
It may not strike fear.
It may not seem familiar…
But with god as my witness, I would not know that the City States would consider the gods of Kitabalism strongly enough to use them to represent their combined interest, instead of bespeckling the flag with sixty seven stars, one for each petty “independent” glorified town and city staets.

OVERALL WINNERS!
1st ELTAIN OF CTESIPHOD
Plausable, Awesome and interesting, this is actually the most thought provoaking entry for me, and as it fits the parameters the best, it wins.
2nd GEMHOUND OF ARMORICA
Although it doesn’t place that well other than being very Familiar, this is more due to it being so symbolically simple, giving it a good heads up and thus second place.
3rd TYCHO OF VAHSHALLAH
Awesome… yes. Now, what the heck does this symbol mean?

WHAT OUR WINNERS WIN?
They each win extra confidence and culture over the next few turns, and their people will fight and work proudly under their banners. Ctesiphod, after it settles down, will give its bonus to its children generously.

I would like to say these are FAIL RNG picks for criteria, but as the dice rolls, the mice goes...

I thank you for you note and shall constantly looking over my shoulder, wondering exactly why you posted that and if there is a deeper meaning I should have gotten, but missed due to rolling a 3 on my insight.
Your comment on not knowing if other other Celtic flags would be different or not.

MINIGAME 2: CAPTURE THE FLAG!!!

But with god as my witness, I would not know that the City States would consider the gods of Kitabalism strongly enough to use them to represent their combined interest, instead of bespeckling the flag with sixty seven stars, one for each petty “independent” glorified town and city staets.

Ahhh, but in the sort of loose confederacy of oligarchies they inhabit the Temples do most of the work of the state. So it's decentralized and corrupt, but they have the Priesthood of Ius to enforce whatever laws do get passed (property crime is a big deal, murder is sometimes prosecuted), the Priesthood of Ybal to fill in the grey areas, and various priesthoods to provide the economy and to regulate it.

Religion is the thing that holds the League together, but more than that it's the way that Kitabalism is practiced in the League that literally holds us together. Our Priests are not Priests, they are required to be proven warriors, assassins, merchants, or artisans before they can be Priests and the Priesthood mostly just involves teaching that craft to other aspirants. The actual "idol worship" as it might be considered is left to Kitab himself, and while he is legally recognized as the Supreme Deity in most of the League (with exceptions in places where identical legal status is extended to Tarias), the fact that this makes his priests "only priests" makes his worship unpopular compared to going to a temple where they will teach you how to sail, sell you a really cool recliner, solve crimes for you, or murder people for money.

Top Bottom