Absolution 4: Tabula Rasa

Recruiting in Nubia

Malach stood to cheering crowds. Never before has a Nubian achieved such glory as he before, and as King of Nubia, their swords are his fingers.

"My Loving people! Stoners... Aktenists... Zorrkanists... It all doesn't matter"

The crowd hushed. This was NOT the speech they were expecting.

"You here today, next to you; Who is next to you? You look left, and you see the the chiseled figure of a Stoner. You look right, and you see the glazed eye of the Aktenist, and you look foward, and above the collar you see the tatoo of the Zorrkanist"

And the crowd grumbled and shifted, but Malach gave them only a second to think.

"What you see, is Freedom! Freedom to believe what you want, when you want, however you want as long as it is YOU the religion pertains you!

Where else can you see this?

Can you see this sight in Zull? Can you see such a sight in Cyria, or Kurdia or Iberios?

Can you see any of THEM willingly stand beside someone they believe is wrong?

NO, you cannot, because it doesn't happen like that in those places!"

The crowd seemed to shrink. Malach is... accusing the Stoned Doctrine?

"Freedom. Where can you see Freedom?

Can you see Freedom in the dull eyes of the unthinking laborer in Zull?

Can you see Freedom in the eyes of the child killed for not hating Zorrkanists in Kurdia?

Can you see Freedom in the dark eyes of the murderer who is let free because he happened to kill an Aktenist?

Can you see Freedom in the innocent man tossed in the Scorpian Pit simply because he believes in the Sun and not the stones?"

The horrible words simply shocked the crowd into silence, as the passionate young King went on.

"No, there is no freedom in this world except for in one place.

My loving people. Only where the arms of Zorrkanism extend are there Freedom!"

About a tenth of the crowd roared, but the others quickly calmed them down by saying, "Malach is speaking, please save your anger for later or take it outside"

One or two did leave outside.

"And thus we see freedom! We see freedom in Waset where the murderer is given his due, even if his religion did call for such acts! We see freedom in Ur where they rebuilt the Temple they destroyed themselves, not to placate the Stoners, but to invite them to reunite themselves into their nation!

We see that here, at Napata.

You may wish to fight for the sake of fighting. You may wish to fight for the Golden Sun, or the Silver Moon, or the stones below.

But no matter what you fight for. We all fight for the same thing.

Freedom for all."

OOC: Note, I am keeping Eastern Cradle out of this...

In the Seregeti

Launar tapped his pen on the side of the podium, causing the many Archivers to cease their work and look his way.

He coughed, and spoke.

"War is coming, and we must prepare"

Some of the Archivers thought of all the extra paperwork, while others thought about brothers or sons back home, who might be drafted before they can return to provide word of reason.

"We have all given service to Satura, but mere service alone is not enough.

We need to go, spread the word throughout the Serengeti, to distant villages even the most detailed records do not know but only you do.

We need to seek, to find, and to inflame passions long buried, for the heat of the matter is, every person here matters.

Everyone here has their own thoughts, their own feelings.

But there, in the distant lands, all have only the thoughts and feelings of stone.

And they wish to bring it here.

Stone cannot read records, stone can only store them.

Humanity... Zorro's riddle must be preserved.

Do your best. Report back to me in a week.

Octavian is waiting."

He looked at the quote for troops from the Serengeti. What was Octavian thinking? There were not that many people in the flat plains in the first place, and the few that are... are feverant zorrkanists.

"May the Golden Sun speed your way and the Silver Moon coat your tongue" he finished. The stunned workers shoke themselves off and cheered.

Perhaps he DOES know what he is doing...

Orlando saw something was not right. The boats are moving, yes, but so are men along the river. Then he saw it, arrows streaming down at his boats, far out of range of a counter strike.

But there is something they did not expect. He motioned to the Nubian swordsman. "You know what to do."

He nodded, and waited as the boats floated along, until just the right angle.

"NOW!" cried Orlando, and the Swordsmen pushed themselves over the top of the boat, landing on the solid shore. The Archers, shocked, tried to adjust their aim.

"CHARGE THE COWARDS!" Yelled Orlando, as the great Catapult begun flining slugs of metal to amazing distances, floating gently to fall among the archers "LET"S SHOW THEM HOW REAL HORNETS STING!"

Shouting Nubian warcrys, descended form the Warlords of ancient times and whose tales are long lost, they rushed at the arrows. And every arrow missed, falling far behind them as they came closer.

They turned to run, but it was too late.

Iberios Iberion Archer 4 2 +4 to Bombard
Cyria Cyrian Archer 8 2 +4 to Bombard
Kurdia Kurdish Archer 6 1 +2 to Bombard

HAHAHAHAhAhAhAhAhaHAhAhAHAHAHaHaHahahaHahahahah ah ah hah, hehehahehahaHAhaHAHHAHAHEHAHdhaehHAHHEhahehaheHAHEAHhaeHAHeaheaHAEhahahehahahehaha ahahah ah ahah a he...

Iberios Archer-> Cyrian Archer. +2 Bombard strength overall. Same basic tech both of them!!!
Kurdish Archer is the same bombard strength as a Catapult, except it costs only 1, instead of 4.

Well, if you must break the game, expect the game to break you back. :D

Good thing I have all those extra tactics. For all stacks: tactics not used up with the necessary precautions (wary) shall be used as Charge. Show them no mercy.

EDIT: I understand Archers are supposed to be cheep replacement for the catapult. I do not understand how "cheep replacement" turns into "MAH ARROWS ARE 75% SHARPER FOR HALF DA PRICE OF A HALF-TON ROCK, AND MY FRIEND'S ARROWS DO AS MUCH DAMAGE FOR A QUARTER OF THE PRICE." But this is a game, let's see how they like to BURN.

Yeah, I didn't figure out +bombard until after I did catapults so right now Archers are cheaper and at least as effective because they got that bit figured out.

That Cyrian Archer stat is wrong, apparently I need to revisit the Cyrian archer because there have been typos. It is supposed to be identical to the Iberion version.

Yeah, But he's just taunting me now. While he envies the instruments of his destruction.

I guess we're just going to have to see how this works out for him.

We shall fight in the shade today. Actually in like a week.

I anticipate the awesome gory destruction of Satura with glee. It is too awesome to exist in this world.

On a broad guess,
Spoiler :
Zull will join in and Persia and Punt both renounce me as a friend. Someone makes it through in Nubia and breaks the vassal off me. Because the Persia and Punt going into their camp means it breaks the treaty, but 5EP is just a drop in the bucket as the eastern cradle invades. Satura will get crushed, and it will be awesome.

Wealth of the Shang

The marketplaces of Laozai and the outlaying towns and cities that are all scattered about the Great Kingdom are places where the east and the west mix and prosper. Delicacies from Satura, fine goods from the Heavenly Dragon, and even Shang gems and carvings, and more, are in plentiful supply around these areas, and around these parts. In the Great Kingdom, wealth is free flowing, slipping between one's fingers to pool in the coffers of another person, who is wise enough to know when the market is right to ply, and what to do with the money that they are given.

And it is not as if the Shang have no history of this! The fine Artisan's Plaza, now a shadow of it's former glory, still draws many artisans and craft masons to craft their goods and sell on the markets. In the same markets, the grain of the Shang flows freely, the rich and beautiful grain and rice that they so love and trade so dearly. The farmers like to boast that no western or eastern grain and rice can match what they, the farmers of the Great Kingdom, manage to harvest year after year, after year... and perhaps they are true in this regard, for their grain is delicious and worthy of praise.

And trade flows along the rivers, flows along the roads and the highways that ties the Shang to so many places, the trade of the rivers that are plyed and taken elsewhere... the beautifully smooth rivers send the Shang merchants and their crafts all across the nation, the lanes of gold that pave the way...

Our trade expands, and our people grow.

The coin shall turn aside the sword, and protect us forever and ever.

Progress is Power

The wealth of our hills, and our land, is much and varied. As Emperor, I have seen this fair nation grow and expand, progress and grow more powerful. Our golden wealth, the pride of our nation, and the free flowing economy that we have created for the wealth of our people, for their continual advancement and their prosperity, for them to buy the luxuries or our nation and of other nations, to enjoy and to prosper considerably over time and enjoy all that is and has been... though I must say that it has come at a price. Our constant need for advancement, for power, and our striving for wealth and opportunity, to match ourselves with our neighbors... has gravely weakened us.

But now, we have the power, we have the hope of an entire nation, of rebuilding our great nation, our great kingdom, and becoming whole once more, of becoming a force of nature, a force of humanity that will change the fate of the entire world around us.

We need wealth to do that though, mountains of wealth, golden peaks of coin and silver oceans of precious wealth... plains of gems and wonders, and all the precious metals and power that a nation could ever want, so that we may rebuild ourselves, and rebuild our nation to become the most powerful entity ever formed on this planet, on this world that we call our own...

Wealth... wealth is all we need.

Gods help us and preserve us, for we will need their mercy for the power to earn the coin that we so desperately need to become powerful once more.

Glory to our nation.

Diaries of the twenty seventh Shang Emperor.

Golden Stars

The golden coins run through the hands of the merchants, and meander their path throughout the entire nation, falling into the pockets of rich men and poor beggars, into the pockets of farmers and craftsmen, soldiers and fishers, trickle into the coffers of the weak and into the banks of the powerful.

Golden wealth throughout the nation, beautiful wealth indeed.

The wealth spreads as the Shang and the Emperor wills it, spreads like a wave of amber crashing onto the beaches of humanity.

Take two golden dragons of the realm, rub them together and mate them with one another, and soon you will have a brood of dragons at your doorstep, beautiful amber dragons of wealth and power and prestiege.

Golden dragons, silver stars, and bronze diamonds, gems of all shapes and sizes mined in the hills of the kingdom, wheat that is harvested and readied for market, in hopes for more power, more coin to spread and grow, and to buy luxuries of high orders.

With a few gold coins, you can buy some brandy on the market, and meals to last you months.

With a hundred gold dragons, you can buy yourself some mercenaries, a boat, or a farm out in the countryside.

A thousand gold dragons, buys you a manse in the grand city of Laozai, with servants and wives and concubines to enjoy.

And with enough amber disks...

You can build an empire.

And so the Shang spread the wealth and influence that they create even further...

And the foundations of a nation are built. Spread the wealth, brothers and sisters of the kingdom, spread the wealth and prosper long and gently.

Hey,

"The Warm Breeze of Singhai." (construction +1)

"Yes. What a good life I have." Master Builder Xialoguang smiled at his young native wife making the sweet candy of his homeland. He had bought only the best Korean rice that the merchants traded in Singhai and honey from far away Paranaa. He believed with reward came hard work. And the quick construction of the harbor by his men seemed to prove his idea. The natives had learned quickly the Manual of Harbor Interlocking Trees. A book, co-written by scholars of the Shipbuilders and Fishing Hanghui, with time proven cut designs and architectural construction techniques for every piece of timber in the creation of harbors. He was one of many builders sent out by the Crown Prince. His orders were simple, to construct a harbor here at Singhai and to improve relations with the native peoples. With the harbor almost done, with the help of candy and his new wife and child he had accomplished both of his orders.

"A wonderful life." Legi said looking up to smile back at him. Then to look at their beautiful new baby sleeping in a silk hammock, slowly swaying in the warm breeze of the bay. "Yes. you do my strong husband."

DESS01

Eltain will be locked into suspended animation for a couple of weeks and any diplomacy towards the Zulappi should be addressed to me until he returns.

-

This means we are back down to four at the moment. I have half of the orders.

Update is on Saturday. Orders are due tomorrow.

I'll be calling Freeman, so this notice has more to do with my Eastern Cradle faction with all the nice stories about their vast wealth. I've appreciated those stories a lot, I'll finish updating the story list here soon in case those rewards are relevant to your orders.

-

:shakesfistmenacingly@theSeasworn:

Arrrgh, Send yer orders matey or I'll have ya walk the plank!

-

Who knew that being a trade magnate makes you a conflict magnet?

Well, they call it the root of all evil for some damn reason.

Recently was planning more interesting plans for the NES, i'll have orders in tomorrow afternoon.

Top Bottom