Stairway to Heaven

Zack

99% hot gas
Stairway to Heaven

Something of a Highway to Hell Redux

Link to music.

I was your most loyal servant. I always did what you asked to my full ability and never complained. I served you as perfectly and dutifully as possible.

And you reward me with betrayal.

You will pay for this.

You are not worthy to rule.

This means war.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You betrayed one of your most loyal servants and my dearest friend.

How could you?

How do I know I'm not next?

How can you be trusted?

You are not worthy to rule.

This means war.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am God; your duty is to obey me, with no questions asked. Your sacrifice was to be for the benefit of all, Lucifer.

I would never harm you, Jehovah.

However, unruly and rebellious servants need to be punished. The earth shall be cleansed of your treachery.

You are not worthy to serve.

This means destruction.

PLAYERS:

1. Verarde
2. mechaerik
3. Jarrema
4. DarthNader
5. CivCube
6. choxorn
7. topsecret
8. SamSniped
9. NinjaCow64
10. Autolycus
11. Visorslash
12. MartinLuther
13. Skwink
14. Takhisis
15. BSmith1068
16. DaveShack
17. Kennigit
18. Optical
19. classical_hero
20. Dreadnought
21. JoanK
22. mayor
23. johnhughthom
24. SouthernKing
25. Mergle
26. Double A
27. mythmonster2
28. dcmort93
29. Mat93
30. robbiecon
31. mgsmuhammad
32. BigTin
33. askthepizzaguy
34. God Emperor
35. RRRaskolnikov

RESERVES:

1. Earthling
2. Buddhafish
3. Xenoneb
4. wideyedwanderer - USED

Important Links​

1. Sign-Up Thread: The thread where people signed up for the game.

2. Teaser: The three factions and their leaders are introduced. (Green = Jehovah, Town; Red = God, Mafia; Purple = Lucifer, Cult)

3. Player List: A list of all the players and reserves who signed up for the game.

4. Official Game Rules: The rules of the game. Read before you do anything else.

5. The Living: A list of all living players in the game.

6. Heaven: A list of all players in Heaven.

7. Hell: A list of all players in Hell.

8. Night Zero: Zack dies and the game begins.

9. Day One: Takhisis is lynched and goes to Heaven.

10. Night One: Mergle is killed and goes to Heaven; mayor is killed and goes to Hell.

11. Day Two: BigTin is lynched and goes to Hell.

12. Night Two: classical_hero is killed and goes to Heaven; askthepizzaguy is killed and goes to Hell.

13. Day Three: NinjaCow64 is lynched and goes to Hell.

14. Night Three: mechaerik and SouthernKing are killed, and both go to Hell.

15. Day Four: CivCube is lynched and goes to Heaven.

16. Night Four: dcmort93 is killed and goes to Heaven, RRRaskolnikov is killed and goes to Hell, and God Emperor is struck down by the wrath of God and sentenced to the Realm of Darkness.

17. Day Five: Skwink is lynched and goes to Hell.

18. Night Five

19. Day Six

20. Night Six

21. Day Seven

22. Night Seven

23. Day Eight

24. Night Eight

25. Day Nine

26. Night Nine

27. Day Ten

28. Night Ten

29. Final Day: MAFIA VICTORY!

30. Epilogue

Official Game Rules

1. The First Rule

You must read these rules before playing. :)

2. Game Setup

The following teams and factions are present in the game:

The Cult:

Spoiler :
The Cult Leadership, starting with only one member. They can convert at night, but no night-kills... at least not initially.

Cultists, starting with no members at the beginning of the game. They are the minions of the Cult Leadership.

The Mafia:

Spoiler :
The Mafia, 3 people, who cannot convert, but instead strikes in the night. Immune to conversion.

The Town:

Spoiler :
The Town Leader, 1 person, a powerful innocent. Immune to conversion.

Vanilla townies, everyone else. Most people start out as vanilla townies. Susceptible to conversion.

After you die, you go to either Heaven or Hell, depending on your Salvation Points. (However, unlike the last game, there will be no war for the dead - sorry.)

3. Heaven and Hell

If you are killed, whether it be at night or by lynch, your actions taken as a living player will determine whether you go to Heaven or Hell. I won't make the exact process of determining where a player goes after death public, but just keep in mind that it is entirely plausible for scumbags and cultists to go to Heaven and for townies to go to Hell. Which reminds me -- alignment IS revealed upon death.

Players who go to Heaven are allowed to continue to play the game in the following manner:

• They may post in the thread. They can make cases, including cases based on knowledge from their previous life, which they are allowed to make public. Beware of liars.
  • They may continue to vote in the lynch, although their votes only count as .5
  • They are prohibited from private communication with the living and players in Hell, but are encouraged to discuss the game in private with their fellow players in Heaven, according to the private communication rules elaborated on below.
Players who go to Hell are allowed to continue to play the game in the following manner:

• They may post in the thread. They can make cases, including cases based on knowledge from their previous life, which they are allowed to make public. Beware of liars.
  • They do not have a lynch vote.
  • They are prohibited from private communication with the living and players in Heaven, but are encouraged to discuss the game in private with their fellow players in Hell, according to the private communication rules elaborated on below.
Don't stop playing the game once you die. It will make the game much more fun and entertaining, for both players and host, if you continue to give it your all post-death. Being dead doesn't mean the game is over for you. Quite the opposite, actually. A player in Heaven or Hell is important to the game, albeit not quite as important as a living player. Don't quit once you die.

4. Victory Conditions

Read your Role PM, once you have it. Generally speaking, each team wants to eliminate the other.

Innocent VC:

The Mafia and the Cult are completely eliminated. The Town is the only remaining team in the game.

5. Private Communications

You may never quote your role PM, neither publicly nor privately. Quoting from your role PM, in whole or in part, is explicitly forbidden. It shall not be done, with the following exception:
  • You are allowed to discuss the data content of the Role PM, such as what your name is or what your abilities are, if you have them. Because these are sets of data, they can be repeated.
Do not discuss the formatting of the Role PM, do not discuss when the Role PM was sent, and do not post screenshots of it, or otherwise attempt to circumvent this rule in any way shape or form. If you need further instruction on this point, contact me. But the general idea is, no copy and pasting your Role PM, and that includes nearly perfect paraphrasing by changing a word or two. Don't try to loophole your way out of this. Additionally, images contained within your Role PM are for the eyes of the Role PM's recipient only. They shall not be made public unless the game host has made it public.

You may communicate privately however you wish, although you must send me any QuickTopic links. Also, absolutely, positively NO SCREENSHOTS.

6. Day and Night

• The game is divided into Day and Night phases.
  • During the Day, players vote to lynch some poor soul.
  • Ties result in a duel to the death.
  • During the Night, players send me their night orders, if they have any.
  • Day is 24 hours if everyone has voted or if a majority has been reached, and 48 hours if neither of those two conditions is met.
  • Night is 24 hours.

You may vote by simply bolding a player's name. Unvotes aren't required.

You may not edit your post if it contains a vote. Editing posts to correct grammar, spelling, or to avoid double-posting is fine. Do not touch your votes except in a new post. Any edited post containing a vote in it is declared invalid and will be counted as an Abstain.

You're allowed to Abstain from voting on any candidate, but you are not allowed to vote for No Lynch.

7. These rules may be amended.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not perfect, and this is a complex, experimental game. If I need to impose a new rule, it will be very carefully considered and I promise it will be in the best interests of all players and it will also have been necessary. My goal is to not have to make amendments to these rules, but sometimes [manure] happens.

8. Be a good sport.

This is a game which can involve lying, bluffing, and backstabbing, possibly. It's not personal, it's just business.

That said, please follow the game rules, and obey all forum rules.

Should something frustrating happen, please do not verbally attack a fellow player or the game host or anyone else. You are allowed to criticize ideas and suggestions, but do not call people dumb.

Example: "I think that's a bad idea. We shouldn't do that at all. In fact, I think you suggested it because you're guilty."

This is okay! Notice how we're saying the idea is bad, advising against it, and even suggesting the player could be trying to destroy our team. However, we are not attacking that player.

Example: "What are you, stupid? Only someone stupid would say that!"

This is not okay. This is attacking a player. It's a friendly game, not Jerry Springer; don't do this. I will not tolerate petty name calling, under the breath talking, rumors, labels, or categorizations.*

*That was a very obscure reference to lyrics contained in the hip-hop song High Road by Fort Minor.

9. WOGs/Replacements

I will WOG/replace players as I deem fit, whether it is due to rule breaks, inactivity, or being a jerk. I am leaving this intentionally ambiguous.

10. Salvation Points

Every player in the game starts out with their Salvation Points set at 0. The actions a player takes over the course of the game change their number of Salvation Points. The exact actions and point values will remain private, but I think you can guess some of them. Basically, if a player is playing well, they will go to Heaven; if not, Hell (to clarify, this means that something that gives a townie salvation points does not necessarily give a cultist or mafia member salvation points, and vice versa).

When you die, the amount of Salvation Points you had at the time of your death dictates where you go.

• If you have 1 or more Salvation Points, you will go to Heaven.
  • If you have -1 or less Salvation Points, you will go to Hell.
  • If you have 0 Salvation Points, I'll flip a coin to determine where you go.

Heaven

10 Players - MAXED OUT

Takhisis - Vanilla Townie

Mergle - Vanilla Townie

classical_hero - Vanilla Townie

CivCube - Vanilla Townie

dcmort93 - Vanilla Townie

JoanK - Jehovah

Kennigit - Moses

Dreadnought - Cult Leader

johnhughthom - Lucifer

Buddhafish - Cult Leader

Hell

18 Players

mayor - Vanilla Townie

BigTin - Vanilla Townie

askthepizzaguy - Vanilla Townie

NinjaCow64 - Vanilla Townie

mechaerik - Vanilla Townie

SouthernKing - Vanilla Townie

RRRaskolnikov - Vanilla Townie

Skwink - Vanilla Townie

robbiecon - Abraham

DaveShack - Cult Leader

Xenoneb - Vanilla Townie

topsecret - Vanilla Townie

MartinLuther - Vanilla Townie

choxorn - Vanilla Townie

Jarrema - Vanilla Townie

Mat93 - Vanilla Townie

mgsmuhammad - Vanilla Townie

Visorslash - Vanilla Townie

Realm of Darkness

3 Players

God Emperor - Vanilla Townie

Double A - Vanilla Townie

Autolycus - Vanilla Townie

Night Zero

Zack burst open the door and stumbled into his house. "Another day, another dollar," he muttered, loosening his tie and grabbing a beer from the fridge. He walked over towards the sofa and collapsed on it, his body sinking into it as he sighed satisfactorily. Zack put his legs up on the ottoman and turned on the TV, hoping to catch some of the game before it ended. He'd missed most of it after working so late, but Zack tuned in just in time to see the last few minutes of a close one.

It went right down to the wire. The last shot of the game went up in the air, the buzzer sounded, and Zack jumped off the sofa, eyes glued to the screen. Before he could cheer or moan, a different kind of shot rang out, throwing Zack's now-dead body to the floor.

The man stepped out from behind the sofa, smiled, and left the house.

He had work to do.

Vote to lynch someone in BOLD!

DAY ENDS IN ABOUT 63 HOURS!

PHIRST!

vote: askthepizzaguy Game on!

(You may now post.)

Also, all "Game has started and here's the link and vanilla VC blah blah blah" PMs have been sent.

Only someone as talented as SamSniped could pull that type of shot off, so he must be guilty

(You may now post.)

Also, all "Game has started and here's the link and vanilla VC blah blah blah" PMs have been sent.
Thanks and thanks!

I intend to outpost and outham everyone else except Askthepizzaguy since there's no point in trying that. Hence my vote on him. I can still outcat him though.

Pizza, if you're cult, convert me.

Hey, we can make Askthepizzaguy or Double A die on Night One, thus fulfilling either meme.

We goin to heaven when we diez!

Vote: NinjaCow

The only person in the game whose name starts with the letter N. Nictel's name started with the letter N too.

Curiously enough, your new name ends with the same letter as Nictel's. Coincidence? I think not.

Top Bottom