TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

I should have access to Unsullied this turn, yes?

Silly people. This war was bad for business since it begun, yet you believed you can punish the greatest empire and so went with it. The offer is this: You and your allies will pay us 10EP and surrender back the Monoremes you have captured and the war in the long sea will end. As for the war in the Nile, I will end it when the Kuhorsehockyes finally understand their place in the world.
Argh. Fine... We will pay for peace on the Long Sea and give you back your ships.
To Whom It May Concern: The Trade Federation is hearby disbanded.
OOC: Ignore my last war orders. Will send revised orders soon.
The Nile war was truly won by the Egyptians when Axum caved under internal pressure to pay to reopen the trade routs. The Trade Federation was unable to keep the Red Sea, the artery that kept it alive, open. The cause of the Egyptian victory was often identefied as the Egyptian Monoremes, which were much better than contemporary Federation watercraft. Nontheless, many especially in Axum at the time belived the war could have been prevented or won in the early stages if more agressive actions were taken, instead of pouring so much into Nile defense, which worked but proved temporary. As a result this conflict became one of the most often cited on the economics of war. The fact that one Axumite arms dealer famously declared, several years before the war broke out, that "war is good for buisness" was viewed as one of histories greatest ironies. Still the defeat was not inevitable. many now agree that Axum could have prevented Egypt from uniting long before the war broke out. Now though that Axum was defeated, it was a time of uncertenty. Some were happy that their Nile and Long Sea assets would soon regain value, but many people in Axum now believed that Axum could not remain just a trading state. Many blamed the merchant concil for the defeat. As a result, the building of the merchant concil was stormed by a mob with pitchforks and a man who claimed to be a decendant of the Kings of Axum was installed. It was said that the reason the military took no action was that money passed between him and the general, but in any case, he soon began reforming the state. More emphasis was to be placed on agruiculture and local expansion, weapons and mining and the navy. Many trade companies protested, but they found armed military at their door. The Kingdom of Axum was born...

I accept your payment. May peace reign forever. May trade on the Long Sea be as great as it once was. We will make sure it is with our great navy.

Orders due this Sunday. I will try to redo the map all day tomorrow. I think I will judge the minigame tonight.

I will need to reclear my PM box, to please wait until I post the all clear.

Eterika to Egypt: We also want a peace. We are but mercenaries in their war, and they are no longer paying.

to Eterica
Peace has been signed. Only thing we request is that our ships be allowed freely in your ports.

I will remind everyone that due to the actions of the Armoricans in the west, in the killing and butchering of the Faithful, that this mandate was made for those Druids and only those Druids.
We butchered them since it is a nicer fate then putting them into slavery. Your nations did the same so far during this war.

Thanks!

Edit: So do I have an alliance with Novaricum?

Sorry Sorry Sorry!

I told Terrance/Novaricum that I was completely fine with any deals they wanted to pursue, including the alliance, and thought that was that. Apologies for not checking the thread since the update DC. :(

We butchered them since it is a nicer fate then putting them into slavery. Your nations did the same so far during this war.

Yes, but when we do it, it's okay. When you guys do it, you're a bunch of murderers. Now surrender and prostrate yourselves before the Bloody Throne.

So... let me get this straight here, right quick.

You knowingly killed Faithful people instead of putting them into slavery, in order to provoke us into killing Druids because you thought that ahead of time that we would indeed be doing this. You consider it "a nicer fate" than slavery, in response to the enslavement of the Ipren Druids. "Our nations did the same so far in this war", because you did it first. Did you expect people to be merciful?

All I can say is this; generals, get everyone.

"Everyone?"

from Egypt
to Libyans:
For many years war have not been seen in Libya for an alliance was signed among us by my forefathers. Yet the somewhat recent attacks on Abydos cannot be easily forgiven. We will allow our Libyan allies to join us in the coming few years before I send the armies of Egypt on Libya to make sure such attacks do not return.

to Bedouins:
I wish to thank you on my father's name. We have won! We will welcome Bedouins to live in the delta if they so wish.

Peace will soon reign upon the Earth and Egypt will once again prosper.

To Egypt
From Libyans

If you send us tribute we will refrain from attacking further. You might have defeated and coerced our forefathers, but we are indomitable. Our oasii are unfindable. Our forts are impenetrable.

Your armies of Egypt should bring plenty of gold and treasury, numbering at least 2EP, lest we decide to seek such for ourselves.

OOC: The friendly ones joined your puppet libyan confederacies already.

Such insolent fools you are. Once Egypt destroyed lybia. Apparently I am forced to repeat that. A lesson you will be taught. To learn your place like many have before.

You civilized people think you are so smart. Blah blah blah teach our place. Our place is in the desert, so dry your will become a mummy as you sleep. So hot your blood will boil in your veins. Come and test us Men of the Sahara, even if we refuse to honor a request by the Children of the Nile.

So he spoke and the dear nurse Mainu cried out, and bitterly lamenting she addressed him in winged words: ‘Why, my beloved child, has this intention come into your mind? Why do you wish to wander over much country, you, an only and loved son? Illustrious Hereos has perished far from his country in some outlandish region. And these men will devise evils against you, on your returning, so you shall die by guile, and they divide all that is yours. No, but stay here and guard your possessions. It is not right for you to wander and suffer hardships on the barren wide sea.’

Despite the trials of Hereos, he lived, in foreign lands, beyond Varna and Katan, after his great sailing venture. He fought with the tri-clops escaping only on his intelligence, he was seduced by the noble woman of the forest of Dacia, and after years of pleasure there, through only his perseverance, realized he must return to Doussa. Great Hereos invoked the wrath of four gods before he could bow on his homeland of Doussa. His family was in feud with the other nobles in the city who, as part of the monopoly of wealth, demanded his property be integrated into the communion of plutocrats. And Hereos did make it, through four different boats, losing his entire crew to storm, battle, and overindulgence, Hereos alone, the hero of Doussa, returned to combat his vying enemies and record a tale no Doussan child would go without hearing for a century.

Dacium and the Hereossy, the epic poem of Doussan bravery.

From Vahlshallah to Armorica;
Please see the light of reason and end the war before we march. We do not wish to spread a bloody crescent across Keltia.

Top Bottom