TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

An invasion of the Levantine League will be met with Hyakkid Spears... the long detente between Katan, Hyak and Egypt has always been that the first one to invade the Levantine League will be quickly invaded by the other two. ;)

I made no in character message relating to it so defending them would be unfair ;)

Oh and I won't invade them just like that...

So how united are they Terrance?

Also now that I moved an age - should my Monoremes be improved? I also totally forgot their price. Can you update them into the UU list as a Bronze Age UU?

Wajetosaphir was the first king of the 14th dynasty. He was born in Jerusalem but raised in the temples of Thebes and the fields of ancient Anor. When he received the crown from his brother he changed his family and rewrote his history to be the descendant of Wajet. He was also interested in stabilizing the crown and centralizing the power of the king. Already the Nome kings were being pushy and aggressive to the king and he would not have it, Egypt will not fall under his rule.

Wajetosaphir first action was sending his vizier to locate a good place for a new central capital. He wanted a central rich location, with basic infrastructure already in place to help in building the new city. He wanted temples to all the gods and one of the most important deals he was interested in was the cancellation of the ideals of a patron god of the cities. He wanted religion to be centralized around the king and not the different priests and gods. That whole ideal caused decentralization on itself.

Within weeks the vizier returned with a surprising result. The best location for a center capital is the old territory of Anor. Wajetosaphir looked at his vizier and made sure the man isn't from there. Anor had a long and disliked history among the current rulers of Egypt. The people there were not trusted and considered traitorous. Anor was always thought to plan a revolt to take Egypt for them as the old days were. But Anor was also located on the most central place for a capital. How to make the hated city into a capital was for Wajetosaphir to decide…

The second action of Wajetosaphir was to take control of the Nomes. All the Nome kings were invited to Thebes for a feast, any that would not come knew he will lose his job. As part of the feast the first new religious event came. Wajetosopher demanded each and every Nome king to see him as the god of Egypt, son of Wajet, the undefeatable ruler. He stripped them all from their kingship and made them into nothing more then governors. The priests supported this move for now they were the stronger partners in each city and so Wajetosaphir knew the people will accept that change.

Third action was the building of a temple to Wajetosaphir in each and every city of the state. That was a great project the Wajetosaphir sent his vizier to handle. Not only were the temples built but he demanded they will be honored as much as a patron god, making the move to begin the weakening of that ideal. He soon became the patron god of many smaller cities and any new city built.

When he was done with those actions he returned to his first. A new capital for Egypt was waiting to be built. He took his men and vizier and moved to Anor…

Response Diplo from Leon:
From the Tarase Confederacy
We wish to negotiate our borders and policies concerning the Ash Lands
I'm listening.

From Caligari
If you will recognize and support our rightful rule of all Sardinia, we will give you preferred status in trade and recognize your rule over Sardinia's various former lands, which will help your expansion and confidence.

From Sassari
If you will recognize and support our rightful rule of all Sardinia, we will become your vassals and recognize you as our liege.
The Kingdom of Leon hereby accepts the proposal of Caligari, and declares war upon Sassari.

From Lamari
We wish to unite all of Kordobans under our banner, by bribery or by force. What must we do to receive your patronage?
I will support you, and aid your conquest of the Kordobans if you become a vassal of Leon, and recognize us as your liege.

Keep dreaming about having 10k Spearmen :p, you got 3000. Even I don't have 10k Spearmen... (Hyak and evil do thou).

3000 survivors in Western Keltia, followed by mass recruitment back at home using currently gathered EP, plus other things... It's going to be good to say the least. :)

You use all on spearman? Sheesh if I'd do that I'll have 30k spearman.

Maybe I should start doing some out if character for Egypt. I'll see.

That's what you think. :p

Ten thousand of my spears aren't even in Western Keltia right now.
OOC: and so, the Vahlshallan army will just circumvent the Dragon horde, dooming their lands to a fast and quick death? Does defeating me seriously mean that much to you? :p The threat at home is what you would be dealing with while RPing. I'm far away, they are in your lands.

OOC: and so, the Vahlshallan army will just circumvent the Dragon horde, dooming their lands to a fast and quick death? Does defeating me seriously mean that much to you? :p The threat at home is what you would be dealing with while RPing. I'm far away, they are in your lands Buertgang's.

Then bow before the Faith and become a vassal. Prolonging your own life on the Dragon Horde's ambitions will not save you forever.

Then bow before the Faith and become a vassal. Prolonging your own life on the Dragon Horde's ambitions will not save you forever.
OOC: Stop taking out of context and putting it in context! Regardless, from what you stated in these past posts, you as a player, don't care about your allies or your people that you are supposed to be ruling.

From Yueh Chiefs
We are feeling gracious. Retreat from all land south of the Yueh River- we will let you keep your miserable colonial capital- and we may have peace.

From Kingdom of Man
We should unite the Man peoples together, under my banner, of course. If we can't be friends, however, we would be forced to truly see you as our enemies.

From Gou Duchy
We are willing to offer technical aid to achieving the miracles of the Bronze Age. All we need to do is to update foundaries and such and such. In exchange, we ask for you to stay out of the war to unify the Man Peoples, or to support our claim; we would also ask you to match however much money we spend to bring you to modernality. (AKA, if it takes us 4EP investment, you spend 4EP on it as well, minimum)

To: Yueh Chieftains
From: The Immaculately Mediocre Envoy to the Heathen Tribes, representing The Tortoise Throne

OOC NOTE: I assume the Yueh river is the Yangzi.

The emperor yawns at your collective entreaties. A cessation of hostilities can be negotiated at the current borders, but no further.

To: Our Civilized Brethren, Kingdom of Man in the North

I fear you ask to much of us brother. Look at the threats to the civilization, to our immediate west and your immediate north. Talk of fissures in the family of civilized lands will draw the barbarians like locusts to a harvest. Bring your representatives to the City of Heaven, wine and feast with us, and let friendship endure.

To: Our Cultural Comrades, Kingdom of Gao

There is much that can be shared, even between father and child. We will remain, for now, out of the Man crisis and agree to your conditions on an exchange of knowledge.

OOC: Stop taking out of context and putting it in context! Regardless, from what you stated in these past posts, you as a player, don't care about your allies or your people that you are supposed to be ruling.

Well to be perfectly honest, there's not a whole lot of in character stuff to pick from at the moment.

OOC: Well sorry that I'm not too interested in not continuing pressuring your nation until it collapses so you can rebound and smack us back a bit. I've offered you a deal, and that's the best you are going to get at the moment, due to your past actions.

OOC: Well sorry that I'm not too interested in not continuing pressuring your nation until it collapses so you can rebound and smack us back a bit. I've offered you a deal, and that's the best you are going to get at the moment, due to your past actions.
OOC: and you know I will not accept such an extraneous offer. I also don't know why you think I would run, when in fact, I stand a good chance. The Dragon Horde is a threat, and another Horde will form, and another may form this turn. Note what terrance stated earlier to Lord of Elves: what are you going to do with the nation that was once Vahlshallah then?

EDITOOC: Lord of Elves is quite right. Of course, then most likely begins the question of what to do which the state that is once called Vahshallah. The Teuts are not likely to stay idle, either. However, Xilesii will most likely honor their agreement with Vahshallah. Unless they get insulted again.
I'm not basing my victory off of a single horde.

The Monoreme

As the centuries old war with the Axumite traders came to an end the Egyptian vessel of victory has for the first time returned to the Nile and begun its first ever Mediterranean journey.

The Monoreme was the key Egyptian design that have given the Egyptian the victory in the Long Sea and quickly afterwards forced the Axumite steady slowdown in their abilities. Trade in the Long Sea was nearly stopped by the Egyptian complete mastery of shipping.

The Egyptian Monoreme is a massive vessel in comparison to the eons old Curraghs. Rather than the 5-7 rowers on the Curragh, the Monoreme carries 50 rowers at each of its port and starboard. The massive build does not hinder the ship's ability at speeding thanks to the enormous crew, although speeding does require the rowing teams rest time and cannot be done for a very long time.

While the Curragh allow for quick naval warfare among small teams the stand upon the boat, the Monoreme is used almost purely for ramming other ships head on and crashing them into pieces. As the Monoreme is simply the largest war vessel in the world currently, this proves to be very efficient for the Egyptian war machine.

The Monoreme carries two major weaknesses. The first is simple – price. The Monoremes cost many times more to build then the average Curragh and require vast amounts of wood, not so easily obtained in desert Egypt. Most Monoreme building material arrives through trade with the Levantine league, their valuable cedar is a highly needed commodity whenever the king of Egypt requires more ships.

The second weakness is a strange one. While the Monoreme is much bigger, its carrying capacity is somewhat diminished in relation to its size. In order to keep the speed and maneuverability the rowing teams must only carry the ship and themselves, with only a captain and a very tiny force of marines. When carrying anything more than that the Monoreme slows considerably, most likely due to inefficient building techniques that make the ships heavier than it should be. New techniques one day will develop to allow the Remes to be the masters of the sea… This weakness allows numerous Curraghs to surround the ship successfully and eventually board it and fight the crew.

The Egyptian Monoreme will rule the seas for many years to come.

Images drawn by Egyptian priest. Both vessels are of Egyptian source.

Attachments

• difference.png
    difference.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 158
King Faj Amir looked left, then right, then back left. He studied his courtiers, especially focusing on the Arin represantative. Even though the Amir could defeat the Arin in a war, it would be costly, and would leave the kingdom open to attack from the hordes. For this reason, he had to keep him happy, and he knew this new proclamation would upset the Arin's interests. He thought about reneging on the promise he had mase to his father. Surely keeping the kingdom together was more important than avenging his fathers death? He pushed that thought out of his head, disgusted by it: nothing was more important than his father and the promise Faj had made to him.
"My people! Today I bring you great news! I stand here in front of you today to inform you of an oppurtunity for glory! In the coming years, we will be marching on our western neighbors, and take their land one town at a time! We must make them pay for killing my father! This war would not be happening if the cravens had killed King Gaf in the open, but they had used a cowardly knife in the dark! The heathens must die!
"Sharpen your swords, polish your armor and ready your body, for we are marching within the year. WE WILL AVENGE OUR KINGS DEATH!" As Faj screamed the last line, the crowd erupted into shouts, working themselves into a fervor. Faj looked on, pleased to see his people ready for the destruction of the killers of his father.

OOC: and you know I will not accept such an extraneous offer. I also don't know why you think I would run, when in fact, I stand a good chance. The Dragon Horde is a threat, and another Horde will form, and another may form this turn. Note what terrance stated earlier to Lord of Elves: what are you going to do with the nation that was once Vahlshallah then?

I'm not basing my victory off of a single horde.

Mutually assured destruction will follow in this case; if Vahlshallah breaks, the hordes will sweep westwards and smash into your green, Frenkish totally not Frenkish lands but instead Frenkish-like, Armorican lands. So, if you want to try a deal between Beurtgang and ourselves, you can try that but you'll have to meet at least some demands; Condate's fall is inevitable, and the hordes are amassing. Where do you think they will turn if our Faithful nations in the east suffer defeats?

Armorica is not Frenkish.

OOC: Pennsylvania is going to get swamped overnight, and I might lose power. That plus me going on vacation next week means I might vanish for two weeks. I'll try to respond to diplo today, but other than that theres not much I can do.

Top Bottom