Old Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gedemon,

Long time player, first time poster.

Attached is my log file from my most recent game, turn 37 into a 1939-1945 scenario as the USSR. I deleted my cache, downloaded all current files and started playing. Originally I was playing as UK, went three or four days, up to about turn 126 or so without any problems. So I started a USSR game and at turn 37 the game locks up while processing another country's turn.

The Lua file shows that it locks up while calculating damage to Finnish units (this is post Finland war and peace).

I've rebooted the game five times, loaded the quicksave for the game this evening with the same result. Crashes while processing every time.

Downloads
R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v.4)
R.E.D. WWII Edition (v.30)
R.E.D. Modpack (v.22)

I'm going to start a clean scenario with the same conditions and log my results to see if I can duplicate this error or not.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    173.8 KB · Views: 68
Did you use DLL? Also, I don't think the modpack is compatible!

Did you use DLL? Also, I don't think the modpack is compatible!

ModPack is disabled the second the game boots up.

I did not use the DLL.

Not sure if it matters or not, but just played another game, same settings, and the game crashed again, while processing Finland, right at Turn 37. New LUA not attached as the text file is 8.20 MB in size.

I have since DL'ed the DLL and will try it again to see if I get past Turn 37, thanks for the heads up on that Skibbi.

I believe the DLL is needed for combat events.

The DLL is not used by v.30 and red modpack is effectively deactivated on load.

Which options are you using kbar0341 ?

Right now I'm running with the following options checked:

AI override
Restrict AI embarkation
Embark from harbors
Extra Auto Save

and twice crash at turn 37 with USSR on 39-45 Europe ? I had a 100 turns test game with USSR on v.31 without crash, but I don't remember having fixed something in that area between v.30 and v.31...

could you post your save from before the crash?

not sure if I'll be able to look at it, as I'm working on v.32 now and it's not save compatible, but maybe someone can test it and report if it crash for him too.

Tested again this morning after installing the DLL. Crashed again at Turn 37 as USSR in 39-45. Saved game turn before the crash. See attached.

Attachments

• Joseph Stalin - Turn 37 - July 10, 1940.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
I found some bugs playing UK in the 1939-1945 europe map (in the last version : v31 with DLL ...).
First, I sent a M3 Grant unit to Yugoslavia, but they never received it.
Then, I saw the greeks finish the attack aircraft twice in the same game, but I think there is only one attack aircraft project, isn't it? And after that they didn't produce any attack aircraft so I guess they can't.

you had allied visibility with Yugoslavia ?

for the second one I'll have to look at the project code, you're not the only one to report that kind of problem. Don't know what may cause it, a save game just before it occurs to the player would be helpful (v.30 or v.31, I'll have to re-install v.30 anyway to look at kbar0341 issue)

In North America/Europe 1936 scenario, and Earth 1942, all Battleships are the Zara class. The cruisers are fine, and everything lower in class has the correct model, but the Battleships, (For example as germany, Scharnhorst, and Bismarck class), are the Zara and have 50 strength. Version 31. I can post logs or screenshots if required.

Side effect of the unit limits hack, units that have an ID above 255 will be loaded as the unit with the limit ID (255), currently the Zara.

I had deactivated a small code allowing to free some Ids by erasing units not needed in the mod after initialization (to test if the no limit hack was working), I will reactivate it with next version, should fix that problem.

It confirms that we can't pre-place units above ID 255 on WB maps and so we'll have to absolutely use the mod spawning functions for those.

I'll post v.32 sooner than planned, if you really want to play Earth maps using v.31,
edit FinalizeRules.sql with notepad so it contains this code only :

Spoiler :
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Finalize Rules for R.E.D. WWII edition
-- Loaded AFTER all other modifications.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Units
UPDATE Units SET ProjectPrereq = NULL; -- We don't need to set projects for units, this is handled by the mod custom function/tables

UPDATE Units SET ID = ID + 10000 WHERE 
	Type='UNIT_OLD_LIGHT_TANK'
OR	Type='UNIT_LIGHT_TANK'
OR	Type='UNIT_LIGHT_TANK_2'
OR	Type='UNIT_LIGHT_TANK_2_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_LIGHT_TANK_3'
OR	Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK'
OR	Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_2'
OR	Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_2_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_3'
OR	Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_4'
OR	Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_4_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_OLD_TANK'
OR	Type='UNIT_TANK_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_TANK_C'
OR	Type='UNIT_TANK_2'
OR	Type='UNIT_TANK_2_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_TANK_2_C'
OR	Type='UNIT_TANK_2_D'
OR	Type='UNIT_TANK_3'
OR	Type='UNIT_HEAVY_TANK'
OR	Type='UNIT_HEAVY_TANK_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_HEAVY_TANK_2'
OR	Type='UNIT_HEAVY_TANK_2_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_OLD_HEAVY_ASSAULT_GUN'
OR	Type='UNIT_HEAVY_ASSAULT_GUN'
OR	Type='UNIT_OLD_FIGHTER'
OR	Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_C'
OR	Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_D'
OR	Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_2'
OR	Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_2_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_3'
OR	Type='UNIT_HEAVY_FIGHTER'
OR	Type='UNIT_HEAVY_FIGHTER_B'
OR	Type='UNIT_HEAVY_FIGHTER_2'
OR	Type='UNIT_HEAVY_FIGHTER_3'
OR	Type='UNIT_FAST_BOMBER_2'
OR	Type='UNIT_OLD_HEAVY_BOMBER'
OR	Type='UNIT_BATTLESHIP_2';

-- Code's courtesy of lemmy101
CREATE TABLE IDRemapper ( id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, Type TEXT );
INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Units ORDER by ID;
UPDATE Units SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Units.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;
--

This is what I have in my log right now

Spoiler :
-- Finalize Rules for R.E.D. WWII edition
-- Loaded AFTER all other modifications.

-- Units
UPDATE Units SET ProjectPrereq = NULL; -- We don't need to set projects for units, this is handled by the mod custom function/tables

-- free units IDs...

-- Here are blocks of units ID that can be re-used when working on a WB map
-- To free an ID block, add "--" before the start and end comment tag /* and */

/*
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_OLD_LIGHT_TANK';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_LIGHT_TANK';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_LIGHT_TANK_2';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_LIGHT_TANK_2_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_LIGHT_TANK_3';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_2';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_2_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_3';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_4';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_CRUISER_TANK_4_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_OLD_TANK';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_TANK_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_TANK_C';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_TANK_2';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_TANK_2_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_TANK_2_C';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_TANK_2_D';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_TANK_3';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_HEAVY_TANK';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_HEAVY_TANK_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_HEAVY_TANK_2';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_HEAVY_TANK_2_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_OLD_HEAVY_ASSAULT_GUN';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_HEAVY_ASSAULT_GUN';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_OLD_FIGHTER';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_C';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_D';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_2';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_2_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_FIGHTER_3';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_HEAVY_FIGHTER';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_HEAVY_FIGHTER_B';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_HEAVY_FIGHTER_2';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_HEAVY_FIGHTER_3';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_FAST_BOMBER_2';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_OLD_HEAVY_BOMBER';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type='UNIT_BATTLESHIP_2';
--*/

-- Code's courtesy of lemmy101
CREATE TABLE IDRemapper ( id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, Type TEXT );
INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Units;
UPDATE Units SET ID = ( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Units.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

Edit: Got it, thanks!

I want to report that there's again the "Fall-of-Crash" for me now in the Europe1939 scenario (diety, alternate history).

Additionally i want to ask if the fact that aircraft escaped several times in one turn although only having 1 HP is working as intended. Current example are 8 US aircraft stationed in an island near Kuba. When Bombing the city to low HP by bombers/navy they escaped to another island nearby. Taking damage. Siege of this city is moving them back to first one. So imagine both cities with red HP bars and several ships attacking. Strike city 1, aircraft escape to city 2. Strike city 2, aircraft escape back. And again, and again. Like 10 times a round even with 1 HP left. Escaped. Escaped. Escaped. ... :crazyeye:

I want to report that there's again the "Fall-of-Crash" for me now in the Europe1939 scenario (diety, alternate history).

Additionally i want to ask if the fact that aircraft escaped several times in one turn although only having 1 HP is working as intended. Current example are 8 US aircraft stationed in an island near Kuba. When Bombing the city to low HP by bombers/navy they escaped to another island nearby. Taking damage. Siege of this city is moving them back to first one. So imagine both cities with red HP bars and several ships attacking. Strike city 1, aircraft escape to city 2. Strike city 2, aircraft escape back. And again, and again. Like 10 times a round even with 1 HP left. Escaped. Escaped. Escaped. ... :crazyeye:
So "fall of ..." still random, ok. maybe if I can include them in the source code :think:

the "escape from city" feature is fixed in v.32 (won't escape from ranged attack, only melee)

Hi Gedemon, I'm experiencing problems on the Earth 1936 map. Crash on first turn every time, no matter how slow I command units to sleep. Here's the mediafire link to my lua log, if you need anymore I'll be happy to provide them :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ufro44ii17oamw5
I can't provide support for 1936 maps at this moment, they are WIP. (and I think there is a Spitfire in the middle of desert causing the crash, isn't it ?)

I can't provide support for 1936 maps at this moment, they are WIP. (and I think there is a Spitfire in the middle of desert causing the crash, isn't it ?)

Oh yes, there is a Spitfire in the middle of the desert. Is it possible that I could take it out? I wouldn't think so, but perhaps there's a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom