FFH -- We don't betray or kill all of our allies

Thank you for the TS, Folket. Got it.

PPP:
Tech: Way of the Forest (AH can be next)

Civic changes: Revolt to God King now. (Pacifism too?)
God King but no Pacifism.

Other question: didn't we want to upgrade that scout into a hunter? He could scout and secure the next city site. (I think I'll leave the hawks to you, guys, mine probably won't be able to leave the city :lol:)
Upgrade scout for 75 gold.

City builds:
Thariss: drop worker (why worker, don't we have enough?), start a pagan temple (run priest when done) then elder council (add a sage when done). This way we get our GP reasonably fast. It will have more chance on a Prophet but if it's a Great Sage we can simply build an Academy in Thariss.
Put 1t into worker to save the hammers invested so far before temple and EC. Build a hawk before temple and EC.

Gereth Minar: finish warrior, grow on monument (or another warrior / scout?). Build settler at happy cap.
Monument first after warrior.

Workers: finish cottage for Gereth Minar and finish the one for Thariss. Then they wouldn't really have much to do atm. They could build roads / improvements for the next site I guess.
Road up Peach city after the cottages are done.

Which brings up the next question: where do we want to settle? Light Orange on Folket's dotmap (to the W of Gereth Minar) would be the best landblocker but it's a much weaker site short term than Peach (grabbing banana and tons of forests 3W of Thariss). Light Orange has too much jungle and not enough forests plus it's really far away IMO, so I'd favour Peach. We need another production site for our troops, I'd say.

I finished the hunting lodge this turn. So it will be in your TS to upgrade the scout.

We could decide not to put a monument into Gereth minar. Build two scouts and then spread FoL there first. Build temple and spread in our capital second.

I finished the hunting lodge this turn. So it will be in your TS to upgrade the scout.

We could decide not to put a monument into Gereth minar. Build two scouts and then spread FoL there first. Build temple and spread in our capital second.
I see. So upgrade scout this turn? (costs 75 gold.)

Also: I'd rather spread FotL in the cap first as it will have much better production to build the temple and the disciple for Gereth Minar.

EDIT: another question: how long has that worker been in the queue in Thariss? Shall I put a turn into it so that the hammers don't deteriorate? (We will definitely need it later, just not now.)

Main reason for monumenbt in GM is for a culture pop. Waiting for FoL temple makes sense but we need a culture pop bad. Happy cap is 6 and we only have 4 descent tiles to work there. Just have to weigh our options there. Worker was put in queue cuz I thought we would be pumping out a few cities and in the next couple turn sets and concentrating on happiness for bigger populations. I say just take it off the queue for now.

PPP looks good :)

I say we will go peach city next. Revolt to god king, not pacifism I do not want the penalty on building units.

Updates in OliveGreen in the PPP.

Also: @Lord Civ, I'm fine with a partial worker we will need tons as soon as we get to GoN. We just have to make sure we put a turn into it once every 10 turns so that we don't lose the hammers.

@Folket: I don't like Pacifism in this mod either.

Btw, created a summary in Post 2.

I find the summary very nice.

Remember to check a few more times on the religion screen to see what influence the religions have. There should be more religions founded soon.

Remember to check a few more times on the religion screen to see what influence the religions have. There should be more religions founded soon.
Yep. The two Ljosies in a team resulted in a very early FotL. Normally not even the Deity AI would be capable of founding it before T100 unless one of them pops a disciple out of a dungeon.

Yet another question: I'd very much like to build a bird for that hunter (he'd be a much better scout with a hawk, and of course it could save his life on occasion as well) before I move him out. Shall I risk it?

You should stack the hunter with a warrior so they he is more likely to survive if attacked, They will still move fast through forest. Building a hawk is a good idea.

wrong thread

OK, updated plan with the hawk. (If I can't move it out of the city maybe you can.)

(I'm incredibly unhappy with this modmod. In my current game with the Sidari I got some slaves from combat even though I was running Apprenticeship. I wouldn't exactly call this stable.)

That is so strange. I found this mod very stable and have not had a single problem. ,

I asked in their thread and they say the mod is compatible with Patch o of FFH. Perhaps you have problems because you installed the p patch?

Hm, the 'p' patch is only an xml file which I assumed got overwritten by the modmod. But it's possible nevertheless. Will try to install the whole mod again.

I've been thinking about the monument in Gereth Minar. I don't think it's that urgent. Gereth Minar can work 2 cottages, the plantation and two forest tiles (with cottage) atm which is exactly enough, as it cannot grow above 5 yet. I'd rather build one more warrior as we will need some for the next city anyway. Is that OK?

After looking everything over again, you are right UE. Thariss can work more forest cottages and GM can work the 2 FP cottages. I am good with skipping monument and also good with Peach city.

Played my 10 turns, most of them in Stasis :lol:

T107 Revolt to God King, upgrade scout

T108 put 1t into the worker in Thariss, should be good for another 10 turns (do Stasis turns count? I hope not). Moving hunter out to check our surroundings.

T109 Moving hunter back, as we're in Statis! (Better he stays close in case Auric builds Samhain or something.) Seems we're getting our share of annoying world spells here.

Spoiler :

T110 A Great Sage is born in a far away land.

T114 Our hunter kills a bear. Good that it wasn't a lion up there or a gorilla especially. Wolf even. Will be tough to get wolves.

T116 Promoted our new warrior to C1 to kill a barb coming to pillage.

T117 Falamar is dead. That's incredibly bad news as he would have been a promising trading partner. (Something that can happen during Stasis :sigh: Presumable fell to some barbs. Or killed by someone we don't know yet. Certainly wasn't at war with the dwarves.)

Spoiler :

So, I guess our workers will have plenty of time to rebuild and road the farm and then build 1-2 cottages for Peach city, whenever we can get that settler done. :lol:

Lord Civius, you're up for another 10 turns of Stasis :(

Attachments

• Faeryl Viconia AD-0117.CivBeyondSwordSave
    165.9 KB · Views: 63
I would expect Illian to be at war with someone if he cast statis. Could very well be he who jumped on Falamar. Given how few barbarians we see without lairs I find it very unlikely he was killed by something else then a civilization. I do hope it is Doviello or Calabim and not Illian that killed Falamar.

I would expect Illian to be at war with someone if he cast statis. Could very well be he who jumped on Falamar. Given how few barbarians we see without lairs I find it very unlikely he was killed by something else then a civilization. I do hope it is Doviello or Calabim and not Illian that killed Falamar.
Even if there are no lairs there will still be barb cities. Barb cities tend to produce a stack of units every now and then which would move out to harass others.
Ugh: I'm not sure the Doviello are on the map, as I haven't included them per default. (Haven't included Auric either :lol:) Sure, it's possible that Falamar was in an early war. Funny that we are yet to meet the guy who did it. You're right, let's hope it wasn't Auric.
As soon as we can get that hawk done we can move out our hunter and check what happened.

EDIT: We would be notified if Auric completed the White Hand, even if we don't know him, wouldn't we?

Yes, I think we will be told if he completes the white hand.

Top Bottom