FFH -- We don't betray or kill all of our allies

I'd finish the temple of leaves after the hunter and try to sneak out a disciple so that we have a medic. It will make a real difference. The animals have to heal too. The C5 spider should be placed outside (maybe on the cows or on a forest improvement) and the elephant will be a good stack defender. If you don't build a medic, our units will take forever to heal, that's true.

It is very true, perhaps we should get way of the earthmother just to get a medic.

It is very true, perhaps we should get way of the earthmother just to get a medic.
Is that some inside joke? :confused: Disciples of the leaves have Medic I, just as any other disciple unit like a thane of Kilmorph :confused:

Folket, when do you plan to play?

I had a power outage yesterday so I could not play.

Today I'm booked but I should be able to play tomorrow morning.

All I can think is that other peoples borders does not affect trade routes.

Sure, tomorrow is fine as well :)
All I can think is that other peoples borders does not affect trade routes.
That sounds like a logical explanation. Strange behaviour though :(

T158
Aurics moves away again.

T161
Found Aurics army again. Closer this time. I do not know how I missed it on turn 160

T162
Aurics is moving towards the barbarian city of Zbolub

T166 Auric captures Zbolub

Attachments

• Faeryl Viconia AD-0167.CivBeyondSwordSave
    213.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    458.2 KB · Views: 92
I did a huge mistake to remove hidden nationality from our spider. I just do that automatically from loosing to many units to allies running around in my territory.

We have two options. Spam as many settlers as we can or attack Auric now.

I started researching festivals as we can start building ion our manegerie.

Thanks for the TS, Folket. Will look at the save tonight after work. Yeah, removing the hidden nationality was't that great, we could have placed that spider out in the wilderness with a medic disciple, it could have killed many of Auric's wandering units. Will stll be OK as border defense though.

I think we should start settling some cities, otherwise we won't be able to manage against Auric, not even with GoN. Also, I'm not sure we should rush to festivals. We only have the lion cage ATM and GoN will take care of our happy problems anyway. Shouldn't we rather research something that helps attacking cities? Maybe BW? Or HBR and settle the horses right now, before Auric does?

If we want a military tech I think we should get poison. Our hero is among the strongest.

If we want a military tech I think we should get poison. Our hero is among the strongest.
Sure, but Poison takes like 60T at the moment. I'm sure we want to do something with Auric earlier than that. Waiting until he attacks Garrim is OK, if we're lucky enough and he doesn't come for us. Defending against him is OK too, as we can pick out his units in the field one by one. We just don't have anything to attack cities with.

Well, I have a few minor problems with the save:

We have 72 beakers in Festivals. It would have been better to run 100% gold for a few turns. We'll bulb GoN in 4 turns we won't need the extra happy as long as we run FotL.
Our workers are building another cottage while they should be improving the banana for Nameless Tower, the pasture for Gereth Minar, the copper, and build mines in Thariss. There's also a strategic road to build on the desert tiles towards Auric, so that our troops can attack out and retreat.
That stack outside our borders is costing us extra maintenace and is way too small to really hurt Auric, especially without a medic. Better keep them inside.

OK, so PPP:
Tech path: since we have copper available, BW is optimal.

Stack moves back within cultural borders, 1-2 hunters make a cycle to see whether there are some animals left outside. Workers improve banana, pasture and build mines.

Thariss finishes the medic and builds a worker. Gereth Minar starts on a settler for horse city now (to be settled 1N of banana, otherwise it blocks the fish). Won't be a good city until we can actually remove the jungle, but we don't want Auric to get it. Thariss is then free to build units if necessary.

If Auric attacks we will obviously delay the settler. I will first improve the pasture and the hill in Gereth Minar to get some production in there.

Also, as far as I can see from the event log, two great prophets were born in the last 10 turns and Garrim cast his world spell.

Sorry, I was to busy to determine Aurics movements to notice anything else.

I do not see that we need BW. The computer likes the shock promotions so I think we are just better off having hunters. I would prefer horseback riding to BW.

Sorry, I was to busy to determine Aurics movements to notice anything else.

I do not see that we need BW. The computer likes the shock promotions so I think we are just better off having hunters. I would prefer horseback riding to BW.
Copper warriors are 4 :strength: and 25 :hammers: and thereby the most cost effective units in the game. Swords cost the same as horsemen (60 :hammers:) (but are +1 :strength: with copper) or hunters (but have a city attack bonus instead of a penalty). Plus BW will enable us to work the jungle and get us closer to Warfare if we need it. We should still settle the horse site and tech HBR sooner or later, but BW has the best immediate returns for us ATM. If we didn't have copper it would be different.

But against his shock promoted javelins I think hunters with 5 in attack are a better investment.

But against his shock promoted javelins I think hunters with 5 in attack are a better investment.
Against shock promoted javelin throwers running around in the open most definitely, and that's exactly what we built them for. But not against javelin throwers sitting around in the cities which they'll likely do if we can go on the offense sooner or later. Besides, we cannot set up the horse city in synch with HBR IMO. (Therefore we should have settled it as a third city.)

How about teching BW now and HBR afterwards, when we made sure we have the horse?

EDIT: And yet another question: in 4T we will have Hidden Paths and will revolt to GoN. Shall I continue running the priests in Thariss? (In a more peaceful setting I would definitely want to, as the next GP could bulb us Priesthood if we tech Philosophy in the meantime. Even with a threatening Auric, I'm actually more in favour of getting a next prophet as well. Priests are nice fighters with disposable tigers.

Top Bottom