SGOTM 16 - Plastic Ducks

I agree, GM is worth a lot more than GS, 4 GM vs. 4 GP-GAge might even be favorable in direction of 4 GMs.

The yield of GM and GS is quite similar in this stage, since GS will get a lot extra beaker from citizens from a huge empire, while GM won't give much due to small size of current capital and AI city. When you calculate the yield from GM, it's not number of turns of full research * beaker output, you have to consider the cash which can be produce in 0% slider.

I lost one cat at 75% to barbs, one cannon at 94%, and threw cats at top defender at Dur without causing damage. It is obvious Duckweed and soundjata should do all the field work. sossos gets favirable GPs and you and me should go grab a beer.:D

:beer:

Better to leave hamlets which are less than 10 turns to villages. Village is actually better than WS.
Sure.

South islands needs more workers to chop those forests, they are more pressing than improving tiles which are not been worked in a while.
Yep, however the galleons were quite busy already and I had already sent most workers west by the time I picked up the warriors.

Orleans skips Bank due to the one almost finished in Poit? (already 6 even without the one in Orleans)
Makes sense as Hammy was nice enough to gift us one in Dur-K.

Dij has a spy.
Saw him this morning as well, I had hired him for putting EP on Hammy (we were a bit tight) then forgot about him.

Have you planned to produce CE in 1 turn in cities like Tolo, Vien, Vis as you said before. Thebes is good center for spread corporation to nearby cities with a bunch of forests. Try to save all the forests for CEs.
I had already planned so for Tolosa, also Vienne. Visigoth should also work fine.
Bibracte: The first Ex goes to Paris (via Galleon as I wrote), the second to Tolosa (1-turn chop), the third can join again with the galleon and move closer to Orleans or use the one from Tolosa, Paris will be too slow to produce it.

Shall we switch to FS? and OR as well. We need OR for Confu and Tao missionaries.
Slavery+OR+FS, we have 26 towns = 52C whereas Paris will lose 41C. (and gain some from its 6 towns)

The yield of GM and GS is quite similar in this stage, since GS will get a lot extra beaker from citizens from a huge empire, while GM won't give much due to small size of current capital and AI city. When you calculate the yield from GM, it's not number of turns of full research * beaker output, you have to consider the cash which can be produce in 0% slider.

Whatever gold we don't have to generate with low slider or by building wealth can be directly applied to multipliers later on; when Paris gets large so will the GM trade mission. Any large city+harbor will give a great return (Mecca for example, maybe we should feed Saladin some resources to let him grow large cities?)... OR, we can move the capital to a large coastal city+Harbor and possibly get even more (Orleans).

When should we launch next GA if you don't get 4th GS from Rh? Needs a bit estimation. Anyway, will be more clear at that time. Free to go when you are ready.

Confu and Tao missionaries should get priority (need galleons bridge) since we won't stay on OR for long and there's big odd of failure.

From Rheims? It's a disaster actually.
Since there will be no GA, no Pacifism, it takes up to t209.

Without starving, Orleans can get a 100%-non GS by t205.

I'm not done on the gpp part, there remains a lot to be calculated. Of course, most cities can be set to grow at this point in time so I could just ignore it and play after setting Orleans' micro.

T209 means T233 victory, that's pretty good date IMO, even it's a GS, we might already get the Gspy. GPs for 2 more GAs should be quite easy now. We only need 2 different types of non GS GPs.

How about removing 1 GA?

A GA for the next 12 turns might give about

500 C/H (current working tiles are 257) * 12 * 1.5 = 9000 beakers

while 4 GSs could give 4 * 2500 / 1.2 = ~8000 beakers

Not huge difference.

We lose GPPs and delay the time to Mine and AL, but relieve the pressure of GP production a lot. With all these GSs, the difficulty of putting the right types of GPs in time looks harder.

If our actual victory date is before T236 (Should be T239 now) , then there is less gain of running a 4 GP GA.

T209 means T233 victory, that's pretty good date IMO, even it's a GS, we might already get the Gspy. GPs for 2 more GAs should be quite easy now. We only need 2 non GS GPs.

These 2 posts have me confused ;) How have we got from before 239 to 233 ?

I would not risk of launching a T209 GAge on Rheims's odds of getting a non-GS.
Either we have Orleans pop before and use Rheims for the next GP, or Orleans pops on T210 for backup...

What's the problem?

What I meant in the 1st post was that if we want to run 4 GP GA, it's T239 to get the full potential of GAs, while 1 less GA and launching in T209 means T233 to get the full advantage of GA

If you could manage T210 Orleans GP, that's good.

^^
Alright, I'll let other cities grow within happy cap (we're getting some war weariness from Ramesses) and run Scientists/Merchants in these non-GP cities.

EDIT: Oh I see! I thought you had it all figured out :p

T233 victory is, actually, possible. Just did Maths and it didn't work. But if we get only one culture bomb in Paris, it is possible, and with two, it is probable (every GArtist is worth 3.5 turns). I focused only on culture, believing research will be taken care of.

Very difficult to figure out the victory date right now. I estimated according to SGOTM12 results mainly. More complicated in this game due to the legendary cities. Therefore I can only give a rough date of T230~240.

Alrighty then, this looks slightly less bleak than I thought it did. We will pull through I have no doubt.

It's a wonder how a generous map can make such a big difference even when the world is covered in fallout.
Oracle>Civil Service is very strong and :) resources early on as well.

I'll resume playing shortly, tech path set to Mining Inc as currently is.

If the stack has not moved, rest in place for 1 turn, otherwise, no reason to stop. The defensive units dare not attack.

More war progress. 3 casualties: 2 cannons (one in the 90s) and 1 sacrifice catapult.
Spoiler :

Hammy is done. Have not yet capped him.
Spoiler :

Nice, one free untouched city, take it.

Any news of SM, SB has stone, should be quick once he started.

Shall we go for SB and leave Qin? Hard to decide now.

I checked 2 turns ago and there was no city of his with a large sabotage production EP value. I'll check again after diner. I'll play 1~2 more turns to finish off Ram (last city is a stronghold) and then upload to re-evaluate. Unless you'd rather I upload now? (I'll check in 5 mins)

Top Bottom