v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barbs and animals dont give Great General points when defeated. However, if your unit has Animal or Barbarian Hunter promotion, defeating them does give great general points. Im not sure if its intentional or not but with this its possible to farm animals in unsettled areas for lots of free great general points.

It is an option. If you have Barbarian Generals on Barbs (and animals) WILL give GG points.

@ls612

Since updating my game (SVN v4498) I cannot see units beyond the Arquebusier in the Civpeida. This I think means that some sort of code mistake for one of the units. I am guessing one that starts with an "A". Maybe the Arsonist since that starts with an "AR". Maybe it has too many resource requirements. Which means it will have to be done with the property system.

EDIT: Looks like you used that. Hmm. Wrong code? I don't know.

EDIT2: Yup it was the additional requirement code. I remove the code from my own game to test and the civpedia worked. So I guess its up to you to find out why that code was not working. If you can't get it to work then you may want to temp remove the extra requirements that use the property code until a solution is found.

@ls612

Since updating my game (SVN v4498) I cannot see units beyond the Arquebusier in the Civpeida. This I think means that some sort of code mistake for one of the units. I am guessing one that starts with an "A". Maybe the Arsonist since that starts with an "AR". Maybe it has too many resource requirements. Which means it will have to be done with the property system.

EDIT2: Yup it was the additional requirement code. I remove the code from my own game to test and the civpedia worked. So I guess its up to you to find out why that code was not working. If you can't get it to work then you may want to temp remove the extra requirements that use the property code until a solution is found.

AIAndy made the Expression system, I don't know what is wrong with it. He'll need to debug that.

AIAndy made the Expression system, I don't know what is wrong with it. He'll need to debug that.

I just had the same problem while trying to look for what additional stuff a Subdued Sloth Bear gave in addition to the Governor's Menagrie/ Pets

@ls612

Hydro care to tell me where the code is I also want to remove it temporarily. It is annoying playing with the new SVN and not being able to see Units in the Civilopedia. Or maybe someone just redo the Arsonist until the stuff can be fixed.

Bug with GP :
Early game I fight against a barbarian city (Barbarian World option ON) and was abe to destroy it. SO, I had a sttled citizen in my capital, giving me 2 :gp:/turn. But ut' some unspecefic :gp:point. So, when my progress bar was full of these unspecefic :gp:, i didn't have a Great Person, and the number of turn left was put at 0, then -1...

Hydro care to tell me where the code is I also want to remove it temporarily. It is annoying playing with the new SVN and not being able to see Units in the Civilopedia. Or maybe someone just redo the Arsonist until the stuff can be fixed.

Unless its been fixed today (I have not checked) then you would remove this code from the Arsonist unit ...

Code:
			<TrainCondition>
				<Or>
					<Has>
						<GOMType>GOM_BONUS</GOMType>
						<ID>BONUS_FISH_OIL</ID>
					</Has>
					<Has>
						<ID>BONUS_WHALE_OIL</ID>
					</Has>
					<Has>
						<ID>BONUS_GHEE_OIL</ID>
					</Has>
					<Has>
						<ID>BONUS_KEROSENE</ID>
					</Has>
				</Or>
			</TrainCondition>

EDIT: Oh wait I see the problem. It should be BONUS_WHALEOIL and BONUS_FISHOIL and BONUS_GHEEOIL. No space between.

I will go fix.

Unless its been fixed today (I have not checked) then you would remove this code from the Arsonist unit ...

Code:
			<TrainCondition>
				<Or>
					<Has>
						<ID>BONUS_FISH_OIL</ID>
					</Has>
					<Has>
						<ID>BONUS_WHALE_OIL</ID>
					</Has>
					<Has>
						<ID>BONUS_GHEE_OIL</ID>
					</Has>
					<Has>
						<ID>BONUS_KEROSENE</ID>
					</Has>
				</Or>
			</TrainCondition>

EDIT: Oh wait I see the problem. It should be BONUS_WHALEOIL and BONUS_FISHOIL and BONUS_GHEEOIL. No space between.

Oh so that is why it is causing that?

Bug with GP :
Early game I fight against a barbarian city (Barbarian World option ON) and was abe to destroy it. SO, I had a sttled citizen in my capital, giving me 2 :gp:/turn. But ut' some unspecefic :gp:point. So, when my progress bar was full of these unspecefic :gp:, i didn't have a Great Person, and the number of turn left was put at 0, then -1...

Huh that is probably suppose not to work that way.

I expect that the instant you get a GP point that is not "generic" you will get a GP of the matching type. If no type has been specified to date then you have what you ordered : no type of great person, exactly like you indicated...

Although I have to wonder what is causing a Citizen to give 2 GP points, and why.

Well the Arsonist file was fixed but now my save file doesn't load up and freezes at initializing. Here it is BTW

Attachments

• KinaIce BC-22825.CivBeyondSwordSave
    644.1 KB · Views: 59
Well the Arsonist file was fixed but now my save file doesn't load up and freezes at initializing. Here it is BTW

Yeah ALL my savedgames do the same thing also...:sad: Looks like someone crashed the savedgame again.

Yeah ALL my savedgames do the same thing also...:sad: Looks like someone crashed the savedgame again.

Debugging the load process places the blame in all likelyhood on the Expression System. I'll test to see by reducing the number of OR entries in the Expression.

Debugging the load process places the blame in all likelyhood on the Expression System. I'll test to see by reducing the number of OR entries in the Expression.

Even a brand new play now game of a tiny world wont load??

Even a brand new play now game of a tiny world wont load??

There is something seriously wrong with the load process. It looks like the Expression system is at fault, but even when I remove all expressions from the Arsonist it still fails to load. So something else must be to blame, and I'd suspect that Thunderbrd's new changes are the culprit.

Thunderbird's stuff aren't the problem I believe I had them before and it loaded fine. Heck I started this game as Mem de Sá (random leader) to text the new traits.

There is something seriously wrong with the load process. It looks like the Expression system is at fault, but even when I remove all expressions from the Arsonist it still fails to load. So something else must be to blame, and I'd suspect that Thunderbrd's new changes are the culprit.

I went back to the old dll and it does the same thing, let me try an older one once.

Nope not even all the way back to 29 Nov still doesnt work. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom