Single Player bugs and crashes v43 download - After January 2023

Newest patch
Unit reward - Dance (fox) - can be built inside the city (I think it should be assigned to story teller right?)
Unit reward - feather worker - can be built inside the city
Story teller action "Entertain the city" - when hover over icon tooltip shows "+- (red rebel fist)" should show "-" only right

Unit reward - snake pit - can be built inside city.
Maybe all of this is intentional?

Last edited:
Newest patch
Unit reward - Dance (fox) - can be built inside the city (I think it should be assigned to story teller right?)
Story teller action "Entertain the city" - when hover over icon tooltip shows "+- (red rebel fist)" should show "-" only right

Yes, it's the newest approach to most "animal" buildings for quite some time already.

Newest patch

raxo2222 did a major overhaul of Dancing Huskolds Animal Stories and Myths. They have been rather stripped down imhpo.

raxo2222 did a major overhaul of Dancing Huskolds Animal Stories and Myths. They have been rather stripped down imhpo.
@Blazenclaw also made some animal spawned buildings buildable

I got a weird issue that some of the civs in my game stopped being minor civs, despite neither of them having discovered Writing. It's mostly the most advanced civilizations that did that, and I think they started doing so after I researched Tribalism. Messages like "Word spreads from distant lands: Fidel Castro has organized the Cuban and formed the Cuba" started popping up shortly after that. Does anyone know if that's some new feature and whether there is some way to have myself and them turned back into minor civs? I'd like to play it the regular way that you need Writing to become normal.

Edit: Just noticed that my own civ has un-minored itself a long time earlier, though I cannot be sure when exactly. While the other civs started having that notification around 37000BC (around 770th turn, and after I researched Tribalism at 38000BC), I seem to have probably done so around 69000BC, as a message of "Your achievements have solidified a coherent cultural identity among your people that is widely recognized beyond your realm" has popped out then, after I had discovered Woodworking. I tried searching for such messages on the forum and the internet, and have found no clue as to what might cause them, or what do they do.

Last edited:
I got a weird issue that some of the civs in my game stopped being minor civs, despite neither of them having discovered Writing. It's mostly the most advanced civilizations that did that, and I think they started doing so after I researched Tribalism. Messages like "Word spreads from distant lands: Fidel Castro has organized the Cuban and formed the Cuba" started popping up shortly after that. Does anyone know if that's some new feature and whether there is some way to have myself and them turned back into minor civs? I'd like to play it the regular way that you need Writing to become normal.

Edit: Just noticed that my own civ has un-minored itself a long time earlier, though I cannot be sure when exactly. While the other civs started having that notification around 37000BC (around 770th turn, and after I researched Tribalism at 38000BC), I seem to have probably done so around 69000BC, as a message of "Your achievements have solidified a coherent cultural identity among your people that is widely recognized beyond your realm" has popped out then, after I had discovered Woodworking. I tried searching for such messages on the forum and the internet, and have found no clue as to what might cause them, or what do they do.
One of game options is RNG minor civ gradution - minor civs become full fledged civs just by doing things like research, conquest, etc.

One of game options is RNG minor civ gradution - minor civs become full fledged civs just by doing things like research, conquest, etc.
Hm, I can't seem to find it in either the regular settings or the BUG Mod Options. I might just be blind, but could you please tell me where the option to turn that off is?

@Thunderbrd
I conquered a city size 24 and i got 131 rebels so it will take 131 turns before city gets calm
Enterteiners will not help since it gives -4 rebel points per mission - any ideas how to oercome it ?

@Thunderbrd
I conquered a city size 24 and i got 131 rebels so it will take 131 turns before city gets calm
Enterteiners will not help since it gives -4 rebel points per mission - any ideas how to oercome it ?
Military conquest on Eternity is extremely useless for anything beyond mowing down the competition itself without getting much out of the conquest itself.
It's a much better option to raze the conquered city and (if you want/need it) just use the Settler (again, if you get one) to build your own city from scratch.
Trying to pacify conquered cities just sounds like an extreme case of useless masochism.
Still possible, but way more pain than gain.
And it still has lingering "rebels" in the midst of the city's citizens - who may one day cause you MORE trouble, AGAIN.
Just raze it and then rebuild it on YOUR terms, lol.
The only exception to this is if you want to get their Native Culture this way - then razing the city will most probably result in a NO-Culture Settler for some reason.
Well, I typically capture cities non-militarily, build a Culture-carrier Settler in it, then just raze it anyways and use that Settler to start my own chain of Foreign Culture cities, lol.
Not too viable before Coinage, but still a tactic that can be used, if carefully.

I used great artist to calm down the city.

Is it intentional thast great spy cannot enter nemy teritory during war time ?

Whenever I zoom out far enough, the northern half of the earth zone (I'm playing on one of Snofru's space maps) is just black. I've reinstalled Civ4 and C2C multiple times since I first had this issue and have deleted the cache in AppData. Neither have helped.

I am using V43 with the latest V43.1 patch.
The only modmod I am using is the no longitude / latitude limits mod.

Image attached (ignore any noobness, I am just bad).

Any solution? I tried googling for the issue but couldn't find anything similar.

Attachments

• c2cbug.png
    c2cbug.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Whenever I zoom out far enough, the northern half of the earth zone (I'm playing on one of Snofru's space maps) is just black. I've reinstalled Civ4 and C2C multiple times since I first had this issue and have deleted the cache in AppData. Neither have helped.

I am using V43 with the latest V43.1 patch.
The only modmod I am using is the no longitude / latitude limits mod.

Image attached (ignore any noobness, I am just bad).

Any solution? I tried googling for the issue but couldn't find anything similar.
Game engine doesn't support zoomed out views of maps that are taller than wider

For reasons I cannot really fathom the Great Farmer unit seems to have lost the ability to place tile bonuses. I've last used it during the Middle Ages, around....researching Torture I think, and cannot fathom if I missed somewhere that it might have been deactivated by some tech or if its something compeltely different. Is this a bug or am I missing some other feature?

Edit: Ignore this, they re-appeared after checking and unchecking BUGs "Hide unavailable worker actions". How strange.
Edit 2: And after ending the turn, it disappeared again. How...weird O_o

Attachments

• C2C v43 Great Farmer.jpg
    C2C v43 Great Farmer.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
For reasons I cannot really fathom the Great Farmer unit seems to have lost the ability to place tile bonuses. I've last used it during the Middle Ages, around....researching Torture I think, and cannot fathom if I missed somewhere that it might have been deactivated by some tech or if its something compeltely different. Is this a bug or am I missing some other feature?

Edit: Ignore this, they re-appeared after checking and unchecking BUGs "Hide unavailable worker actions". How strange.
Edit 2: And after ending the turn, it disappeared again. How...weird O_o
I'm willing to bet there's already a resource there that you cannot see.

Top Bottom