Earth 2010

@Tigranes
You shouldn't be able to claim any territory except that which is owned by a civ you are at war with, and you should only be able to keep said territory if you make peace with said enemy while your claimed tile is still occupied by your troops. So if you are able to claim any tiles at any time, that is definitely a glitch, and I'll check and see if that happens on my computer. As for the mechanics of capturing a city, I prefer these mechanics over the previous ones, because with cities so close together and producing so much culture, under regular CIV rules you could do all this hard work to capture a city and get left with a pretty worthless prize if it is being choked off by neighboring culture. But you are right that this current mechanic debases the value of culture in game, so I will definitely take your new victory condition suggestions under advisement for another update. You are also right about the current corporation setup making the game unreasonable for some civs, so I will look into fixing that as well.

@GZ the Great
I took settlers out of the game for the reasons mentioned by Tigranes: it just doesn't seem realistic that any new cities could be founded in a modern scenario, plus the only empty places on the map are places where, in real life, few people would want to/could live. However, if you really want settlers, that is a very easy change, so I made two files (attached) that if you put in your Earth 2010/Assets/XML/Units folder (overwriting the existing files) will give them back to you.

Attachments

• Changed Files.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 226
You are also right about the current corporation setup making the game unreasonable for some civs, so I will look into fixing that as well.

Thanks! That will be a very interesting when it's ready.

One can claim any neutral territory under current revision. Which is good for Exploration era games, but not modern times.

Progress on Giant Earth Map for Earth 2010 is progressing well. Completed the research into the units (5095+ actual units) and now working through nearly 700 cities and ensuring starting culture is accurate. (i.e. population / 100).

I can't get this latest version to work at all.

Self extract tells me ive been defeated on startup.

The zip file gives me errors when extracting.

All previous versions have run fine.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it likely my laptop?

Please help, downloaded mod today and every time i try to run as it restarts the game it crashes i have no other mods installed and patched up to 1.74
thanks

Requires Beyond the Sword and Patch 3.19

Completed culture and now working on adding additional Civs

Others will be broken up into;
C.I.S. - Replacing Kazakstan with the all the former Soviet states.
African Union - essentially all the non-represented Sub-Saharan states
Arab League - Representing all the non-represented Arab/Middle-Eastern nations
Asian Nations - Replacing Taiwan with all the non represented Asian Nations
"European Nations" - All non-EU European Nations <<< NEED a better description <<<<
Latin America - All non-represented Central and South American Nations
Oceania - Most Island Nations

@Adhesive86
I think it may be your computer, because other people have been able to get it to work fine. I don't know why it wouldn't work with your computer, though. You mentioned that unzipping the file gave you errors, but the only difference I can think of between this update and the last one (which I'm assuming you had) is that I zipped it using the default windows zip file (Windows 7, on my laptop) instead of using WinZip (for XP, on my desktop), but that shouldn't make a difference.

@Tigranes
I didn't even realize that you could claim neutral tiles when I merged the fixed borders mod with my own. I guess that's what comes of only playtesting the mod using a civ that is totally surrounded by claimed borders. I may try to fix that eventually, but for now you'll just have to show self-restraint in not claiming neutral tiles. :)

Completed culture and now working on adding additional Civs

Others will be broken up into;
C.I.S. - Replacing Kazakstan with the all the former Soviet states.
African Union - essentially all the non-represented Sub-Saharan states
Arab League - Representing all the non-represented Arab/Middle-Eastern nations
Asian Nations - Replacing Taiwan with all the non represented Asian Nations
"European Nations" - All non-EU European Nations <<< NEED a better description <<<<
Latin America - All non-represented Central and South American Nations
Oceania - Most Island Nations

Would you be able to make the dll have 50 civs? Then you wouldn't be restrained so much. :dunno:

Prefer to keep it compatible with the original Mod as much as possible. I am considering a modmod later on, which will include RevDCM as well.

I am looking at allocating starting technologies based not only on the fact that they actually know the stuff, but really have the ability to actually make the buildings.

e.g. Many African nations may know about factories and industrialisation, but do not actually have the ability to create them, because their infrastructure, schooling, finances, etc. are very poor.

I am considering giving some African cities factories where some level of industry has been attempted with outside financing, but these will be few and far between. I may also use this allocation 'philosophy' on other technologies, like the ability to build universities, etc.

So in fact, many industrial-age technologies (and maybe even some renaissance-era) may end up being removed from some nations, let alone modern-age technologies.

While this may impact on 'balance', it does reflect a more accurate view of the world.

I have now completed an in-depth research into nation to nation relationships, free-trade agreements (will be used for open border agreements), and military alliances.

For attitude values: a simple exchange of ambassadors is worth 1. Visits by leaders of respective nations 2, bilateral relationships 3, Free Trade Agreements 5 and Military Alliances 10. I have also set some negative values where ambassadors have been recalled or nations not recognised and also "AXIS of EVIL" type nations getting -5 values in respect to America.

Some extra strong alliances like UK-USA get very high attitude values.

I am now working on starting technologies.

I have decided to make "Auckland" the capital of my new civ Oceania. It has the largest Pacific Island population in the world, so it is only appropriate.

Now trying to get the relationship (there are potential 40x40 possibilities) and technology data into the scenario.

Boy this is a big task !!! ... thankfully I am semi-retired.

Top Bottom