Earth 2010

I am kind of thinking population my 784 cities with the correct number of buildings will be easier. ... Ouch!!!

Still I am going for accuracy as much as possible.

I now have Four Phases to Complete

1: Populate the Cities with correct buildings
2: Complete Terrain Improvements
3: Populate with units - Beta Relase
4: Naming all units - Full Release

Hmmmm ... I noticed after adding in the missing Global Cities that I am still missing a lot of major cities from the map. These are making the maps look a bit strange as the borders to not look right. So in addition to adding the missing cities, I am also going to have to add some additional small towns to repair the borders. Setting the territory in Worldbuilder does not appear to be working.

Turning off Fixed borders in the XML seems to have fixed the bizarre borders. This will minimise the additional cities and towns I still have to add.

What I may do is make these additional cities less details as they are not "Global Cities", just large cities and make them have simply the base number of buildings for their size.

FYI: What is a Global city?

I have decided that my scenario will be developed to the 'alpha' stage for this mod, whereas the beta and final stages will form a new mod called "Modern Earth', which will also require XML and minor python changes and possibly a few extra wonders and many new unit graphics and classes and use the RevDCM base.

All future development will now be updated in Modern Earth (Giant), so Barbarian King can continue to update his scenario at his own pace.

Petroleum refining is the second most energy-intensive manufacturing industry in the United States, for example, and accounted for about 7 percent of total U.S. energy consumption in 2002. This provides a new idea about Oil corporations. They should consume Coal and Uranium (sources of energy creation) and produce Oil, not consume it. The current bonus in Comerce and Production can stay the same. You may even require for city to have power before the Oil Corporation could open it's refinery(Corporation branch) there. This way we will kill many birds with one stone:

1. Emphasize the importance of Electricity producing Coal and Uranium (Coal is not consumed by any Corporation currently).
2. Oil possessing countries will now actually sell or trade Oil resources. You may erase some resources to create higher prices.
3. Countries like Israel will get Oil via trades with US or via Corporation (they have Uranium to offer).

Perhaps Bank Corporations (BoA) can be replaced with Commodity trading corporations which will make Oil consumable as well...

Petroleum refining is the second most energy-intensive manufacturing industry in the United States, for example, and accounted for about 7 percent of total U.S. energy consumption in 2002. This provides a new idea about Oil corporations. They should consume Coal and Uranium (sources of energy creation) and produce Oil, not consume it. The current bonus in Comerce and Production can stay the same. You may even require for city to have power before the Oil Corporation could open it's refinery(Corporation branch) there. This way we will kill many birds with one stone:

1. Emphasize the importance of Electricity producing Coal and Uranium (Coal is not consumed by any Corporation currently).
2. Oil possessing countries will now actually sell or trade Oil resources. You may erase some resources to create higher prices.
3. Countries like Israel will get Oil via trades with US or via Corporation (they have Uranium to offer).

Perhaps Bank Corporations (BoA) can be replaced with Commodity trading corporations which will make Oil consumable as well...
I don't think BK will develop this anymore.Maybe suggest in my scenario

I still hope he will :) Plus, modern scenario fans can enjoy both Huge Earth 2010 and Giant Earth 2013 :goodjob:

hi all!
i tried to download this scenario, but the gamefront link is dead. any idea where i can get it from?

thx!

Hello !!

First congratulations for this awesome mod and the great work that has be done on it.
I have uploaded the 2013 version and started to mod it by myself.

My aim is to play a realistic mod on current and future times on almost 50 years, by almost 600 turns. This mod should not have a huge number of units, techs, buildings, etc to stay playable without a powerful PC. I have started to add a few techs, units and buildings (those of the next war mod), not too many but just to add more interest to future era. I put back the space race and cultural victories. Now I would add the fixed borders mod...
I saw that he's been added in the v6 of the Earth 2010 mod by BarbarianKing but I can't reach it by GameFront :confused:. I finally got the pack with version 1-5 with Tigranes' other link, so my question is : do somebody got another link for this version 6 too ?

By the way, I'm open to share my mod and ideas if somenone is interested

Thanks in advance

GREAT PROBLEM------- At first all of a sudden fixed borders stopped functioning, so I reinstalled the update 6. (Problem fixed). Now though every time I try to load another game (from this scenario) the following error message pops up: Failed to uncompress game data. Please Help.

I saw that he's been added in the v6 of the Earth 2010 mod by BarbarianKing but I can't reach it by GameFront :confused:. I finally got the pack with version 1-5 with Tigranes' other link, so my question is : do somebody got another link for this version 6 too ?

By the way, I'm open to share my mod and ideas if somenone is interested

Thanks in advance

Bonjour!

I am glad more and more people learning about this mod. I am putting final touches to all-human DominEarthion PBEM game with 7 players controlling 5 civs each. It took me a lot of reshuffling but it was worth it.

Please download update 6 here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6bw4859537xhwza

GREAT PROBLEM------- At first all of a sudden fixed borders stopped functioning, so I reinstalled the update 6. (Problem fixed). Now though every time I try to load another game (from this scenario) the following error message pops up: Failed to uncompress game data. Please Help.

It all depends what kind of game are you trying to load. Make sure you do not load Update 5 game with update 6 mod...

Try another browser, works fine for me (Chrome)!

This is my favourite of the late modern earth scenarios.

I'm not too keen on the futuristic units of the 2011, and 2013 scenarios, an arms race develops, and the geo-political interaction causes a fragmented world, politically.

Earth 2010 seems to be a bit more stable in terms of interaction among the nations, and I prefer the normal units.

Top Bottom