SGOTM 17 - Unusual Suspects

I think it is worth putting hammers into something to grow Aachen to pop 6 before starting the settler. The galley seemed like a good use for those hammers.
OK - misunderstood it was just until city growth. But if not too late, can consider building research instead of galley. If we decide later not to finish the galley we lose the hammers.

Path to gems online the quickest for worker.

I am pausing at 1AD due to general map weirdness. The interim save has been uploaded.

Our WB cannot explore any farther south than the iron/stone island, and the map has clearing been modified in ways that make tiles which should be accessible now inaccessible. So, as SH feared, the only use for our galley will be barb defense and transport to the one island.

Other highlights:

-Mansa refused our beg for Med.
-Buddhism spread to Supercity.

Everything else has been by the micro plan so far. Also, I apologize since I forgot to switch Supercity to a granary for a few turns after the religion spread.

The Upload log:

Spoiler :
Here is your Session Turn Log from 250 BC to 1 AD:

Turn 105, 250 BC: You have discovered Iron Working!

Turn 106, 225 BC: The borders of Pork Central have expanded!

Turn 108, 175 BC: You have trained a Work Boat in Aachen. Work has now begun on a Archer.
Turn 108, 175 BC: Buddhism has spread in Supercity.

Turn 112, 75 BC: Aryabhata (Great Scientist) has been born in Aachen (Quartermaster)!
Turn 112, 75 BC: Mansa Musa adopts Hereditary Rule!

Turn 113, 50 BC: Phantastic can hurry Chariot for 1⇴ with 18ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Pork Central can hurry Granary for 1⇴ with 30ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Iron City has been founded.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Mansa Musa will trade Code of Laws, Meditation, Monarchy, Polytheism

Turn 114, 25 BC: Phantastic will grow to size 5 on the next turn.

Turn 115, 1 AD: Phantastic has grown to size 5.
Turn 115, 1 AD: Pork Central will become unhealthy on the next turn.
Turn 115, 1 AD: Mansa Musa will trade Rice
Turn 115, 1 AD: Aachen will grow to size 6 on the next turn.
Turn 115, 1 AD: Pork Central will grow to size 4 on the next turn.

And here is the save. Sorry - I forgot to enable the autolog.

Missionary incoming:
Spoiler :

No Meditation:
Spoiler :

This tile should be accessible:
Spoiler :

but we can go around...
Spoiler :

and no further:
Spoiler :

The NE is not too interesting:
Spoiler :

Images now added.

I can play on until Currency is finished, but should we switch to a different build in Aachen (say research as SH just suggested)?

I will send the WB to the crabs after revealing the last fogged tile N of the iron/stone island.

I can play on until Currency is finished, but should we switch to a different build in Aachen (say research as SH just suggested)?
My first thought was yes. But no, I think stick with the galley one more turn. That will get us to stone island one turn sooner. Switch to settler next turn.

We either need galleons or long march thru Mansa, then south. The railroad doesn't go over the mtns. Maybe going thru Mansa won't even work. Or going south on boats won't work. We need to explore. Priority is getting city locations (like silver) before Mansa.

Yeah, I agree. The reasons for settling the stone island remain.

I will send the exploring chariot into Mansa's territory via the road from Pork Central and try to use roads to cross his territory ASAP.

Edit: One thing that has really helped is that Mansa's scouts were wandering around all over the place spawnbusting for us. I have not seen a hint of a barb.

Good play, shame about Buddhism, worked every time in testing.

I find it hard to believe we need astro, we must be able to go through mansa or build a culture bridge, maybe that is why the fish is where it is.

Green to play to currency, what has mansa got to trade

We have 31 hammers invested in the Supercity library.

He will trade rice for iron, cows, or elephants. The cows trade seems the most reasonable, but it is our only source and will cause Pork Central to be unhealthy for a few turns until we have the crabs connected. Elephants are the only resource we have in excess ATM.

Wouldn't the rice give us +1 health to counteract the loss of cows?

Oh yeah... :crazyeye:

I have time to finish up this morning.

I will follow the PPP and build the galley in Aachen for 1 more turn and then switch to the settler. I will trade cows for rice and use the WB to net the crabs.

Alright - Save uploaded. I played until we finished Currency as planned. Research set to Calendar as a placeholder. No major surprises, no new AI met. We finished the granary in Pork Central 2 turns earlier than anticipated by the micro plan. That might have been due to differences in hammer OF.

Upload log:
Spoiler :
Turn 117, 50 AD: Aachen can hurry Settler for 3⇴ with 32ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 11 turns.
Turn 117, 50 AD: Phantastic can hurry Worker for 2⇴ with 34ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 117, 50 AD: Pork Central can hurry Worker for 2⇴ with 9ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.

Turn 118, 75 AD: The borders of Supercity are about to expand.
Turn 118, 75 AD: Iron City will grow to size 2 on the next turn.
Turn 118, 75 AD: You have discovered Currency!
Turn 118, 75 AD: The borders of Supercity have expanded!

Turn 119, 100 AD: Iron City has grown to size 2.
Turn 119, 100 AD: Mansa Musa will trade Construction

The autolog wasn't enabled, even though I thought I enabled it in-game.

We made this trade to Mansa:
Spoiler :

Maps:

The SE:
Spoiler :

The NE:
Spoiler :

The NW, including our scouting of Mansa's territory:
Spoiler :

The SW:
Spoiler :

The whole world:
Spoiler :

Tech situation:
Spoiler :

Resources:
Spoiler :

Cities:
Spoiler :

Demographics:
Spoiler :

Top cities/wonders:
Spoiler :

Other notes:

Mansa will trade us either CoL, Monarchy, or Construction (Edit: along with Med and Poly) for both Alpha and Currency. The only thing he will give us for Currency alone is Med and Poly.

We can 2 pop whip the worker in Pork Central for max OF this turn. We can also 2 pop whip the settler in Aachen this turn if we want to try to grab the silver site ASAP. Waiting a turn or 2 would increase the hammer OF into the galley.

Revent is UP! If he is unable to play, it would be Deckhand's turn.

If we let Phantastic grow, it could work the cottage and Aachen could work another mine.

The worker will finish next turn, so we could certainly build a library or another archer to let it grow.

Are we cottaging the Pork City flood plain?

The workers just finished improving the south pigs this turn. I think the next priority would be to quarry the marble, then improve the FP.

Edit: I will try to update the test save tonight. I made saves for every turn to reference, if needed.

Top Bottom