Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 29th of March

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm deciding whether to declare war, but the prospective enemy has stacked his units with a stack of mine. When I select a unit outside the tile, and ALT-mouseover for the combat odds, it selects one of my units as the defender.

Adds new meaning to the term 'odds' eh? :lol:

Actually, that is very strange. A save with instructions to replicate would be useful.

PINK and red errors, i cant find these can someone pls fix these or at least let me know where they are at? Thx. (attached 1-3)

Traits: I have Deveop Traits on but the attached (4) say it will also take away a Neg trait but NOT with Dev, but it still shows up??
Also there is a error with the pedia entry for Protective ?? (also see settings if you need to (attach 6)

On the Promo Silver tongue it is a promo but there isnt any entry for WHAT it does??(attach 5)

Pink icons and red blob errors on the terrain may be because those improvements reused art in the buildings area which you recently cleaned out.

Silver Tongue is part of the new diplomacy mod that has been disabled for now. It probably does nothing but should only be available for diplomats. Rouges and spies may be able to use it as part of their escape plans.

Pink icons and red blob errors on the terrain may be because those improvements reused art in the buildings area which you recently cleaned out.

Silver Tongue is part of the new diplomacy mod that has been disabled for now. It probably does nothing but should only be available for diplomats. Rouges and spies may be able to use it as part of their escape plans.

Yeah i am looking into those Hydro mentioned in the terrain area, i already found the Peat one, and will place it in the proper terrain improvement now.

The Tongue one is from a Promotion for the Heroes sub-combat category, or was it on the G General one??

I am using V29 release for the Vassal at war, but not me.

You could try the patch I uploaded onto the patch thread earlier today, but it probably only prevents hat situation happening, rather than actually correcting it once it already has I'm afraid.

The Tongue one is from a Promotion for the Heroes sub-combat category, or was it on the G General one??
When you added the diplomat Combat Class as a sub-combat for some heroes you incidentally enabled this uncompleted promotion that's part of DH's diplomacy project to be unlocked on those heroes. Some players will find this confusing because it currently doesn't do anything. However, as a temporary fill-in, you COULD use the new celebrity tag to make it have an effect until he gets around to doing what he intended with it.

Adds new meaning to the term 'odds' eh? :lol:

Actually, that is very strange. A save with instructions to replicate would be useful.

Hauraki is my newest city. Select either a unit in the city, or in the stack one tile SE of it. ALT-mouseover the stack two tiles east of the city. It selects either my Elephant Rider or my Tewhatewha to defend, depending on the attacker. (V29 vanilla)

I am having a repeatable CTD.

I am playing a single player game through the Multi-player Direct IP settings. All other players are set to AI. The CTD happens while processing the end of turn after hitting the red button.

TB is posting the save game, it is too big for me to attach.

Here's Whisperr's savegame.

During a debug run, as it approaches the crash site, I do get this assert:

Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvCityAI.cpp
Line:  17337
Expression:  AI_buildingValueThresholdOriginal(eBuilding, iFocusFlags, iThreshold, bMaximizeFlaggedValue) == 0
----------------------------------------------------------
But it will gladly go beyond this point without a crash, only to come up with the same assert 2 more times. This appears as if it may have something to do with the 1player Direct IP method she's playing under but it has to do with AI/Caching and that's out of my realm of comprehension entirely.

It could also have something to do with the unit wrappers here as her game was played between the first and second debug attempts there. This apparently has caused me to get about 3 asserts regarding FeatureDoubleMoveCount being at -1 (which I don't think there's currently any way this can take place in the xml and that count was definitely a part of the wrapper disharmony there.)

It crashes at a horrible point where there's nothing going on anywhere near our code:
Call Stack:
Code:
>	ntdll.dll!770415de() 	
 	[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for ntdll.dll]	
 	ntdll.dll!770415de() 	
 	ntdll.dll!7703014e() 	
 	ntdll.dll!77040866() 	
 	KernelBase.dll!75e40e9e() 	
 	KernelBase.dll!75e40eb8() 	
 	msvcr71.dll!7c3416b3() 	
 	msvcr71.dll!7c3416db() 	
 	msvcr71.dll!7c3416f8() 	
 	Civ4BeyondSword.exe!00405cac() 	
 	Civ4BeyondSword.exe!004bbd61()
And yes, I've got an updated pdb file in the assets along with the debug dll I'm running when I've loaded the save and attached to process. This is happening reliably between turns.

A little bit of the output list leading up to the crash:
Code:
AI_getPlotDanger for (71,61) at range 1 (bTestMoves=0)
Apparent memory leak (size 16) detected in CvUnitAI::AI_update (from CvUnitAI::AI_attackOddsAtPlot:2)
Apparent memory leak (size 16) detected in CvUnitAI::AI_update (from CvUnitAI::AI_attackOddsAtPlot:3)
Apparent memory leak (size 16) detected in CvUnitAI::AI_update (from CvUnitAI::AI_attackOddsAtPlot:4)
Apparent memory leak (size 16) detected in CvUnitAI::AI_update (from CvUnitAI::AI_attackOddsAtPlot:5)
Apparent memory leak (size 16) detected in CvUnitAI::AI_update (from CvUnitAI::AI_attackOddsAtPlot:6)
Apparent memory leak (size 16) detected in CvUnitAI::AI_update (from CvUnitAI::AI_attackOddsAtPlot:7)
Apparent memory leak (size 16) detected in CvUnitAI::AI_update (from CvUnitAI::AI_attackOddsAtPlot:8)
AI_Update for unit 114712 of owner 12
    Unit Spearman (114712) for player 12 (Canadian Empire) at (63,60) advertising for work

AI_Update for unit 81924 of owner 12
AI_Update for unit 40965 of owner 12
    Unit Stone Axeman (40965) for player 12 (Canadian Empire) at (69,60) advertising for work

AI_Update for unit 49163 of owner 12
function CvGame::updateMoves added 4368K bytes, total now 1206664K
function CvGame::update added 19492K bytes, total now 1206664K
First-chance exception at 0x004bbd7a in Civ4BeyondSword.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000054.
Unhandled exception at 0x770415de in Civ4BeyondSword.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000054.

If I'm not mistaken though, it looks from this like its moving OUT of unit determinations at that point and its whatever it hits next that brings the crash.

Is this potentially just a graphics issue? Anyhow... I've gotta hand this off as I'm a bit lost as to what's really causing trouble here.

You could try the patch I uploaded onto the patch thread earlier today, but it probably only prevents hat situation happening, rather than actually correcting it once it already has I'm afraid.

Is there any news on my CTD?
Should I also try latest patch?

Edit: Sorry, I've been monitoring only this thread. Thanks for fix!

After applying dll patch civ names were replaced with strange text about camels (screenshot)
I'll try to check it on latest svn build.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 79
After applying dll patch civ names were replaced with strange text about camels (screenshot)

Oh, that's a shame. I suspect it relates to the changes made in how text is translated, but it looks like the latest DLL is not after all compatible with V29 assets :( You'll have to either do a full upgrade to the SVN or wait fro V30 in that case. Sorry.

While I recommend using the SVN in general, you can get around the camel issue (there was some bad text tag there that was exposed by the new language code) by downloading and replacing this file:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk/Assets/XML/Text/C2C_Unit_CIV4GameText.xml

But at least you know more about camels now :D

The Blimp is a bit odd in what its for. It says it can perform fighter engagement missions and at the same time it can only defend. Only automation available is explore and not even air intercept.

Red Blob (in Civopedia) on one of the mesoamerican world wonders, in the latest SVN. Don't recall which one.

All routes in the Civopedia link to animal units.

V29

There seem to be something wrong in the city defence modifier when a city has negative defence bonus. In the picture the townwatcman seems to be missing the +95% defence modifier in the evaluation.
Civ4ScreenShot0091.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom