FFH -- We don't betray or kill all of our allies

Alright. We’re close, I think it’s your turn to bring this home :) Played 17 turns instead of 10 to get the game going.

First of all since we agreed on switching back to OO I teched Arcane Lore nevertheless, to get both Scholarship and Hemah. (Fast rangers might have been viable without OO I guess.) Now we’re in scholarship so we can tech fairly fast without spending commerce on it. Afterwards we took Construction (for irrigation), Necromancy because it was still missing, then Mind Stapling for Saverous (with iron he’s 7 + 2, and he’s the only currently available unit that can get fast promos) and are now closing in on Fanaticism.

Also, I rather took Arendel’s cities on Garrim’s island (there wasn't really any need, but they don’t do us any harm just yet). Garrim’s been a real whimp, I had to kill all her units myself, but for the Baron. Some casualties, most notably one elephant and our spider. We will remember them fondly. At one stage on T337 she was completely gone from the island (but then managed to take Nubilar from stupid Garrim :mad:):
Spoiler :

There was no reason yet to visit Amelanchier. In fact, he tried to visit us:
Spoiler :

Of course, he never landed :)

Meanwhile, the Tower of Alteration and the Tower of Divination are done, Strength of Will is in. Tower of Necromancy in build. Settler ready in Aborlenia to settle the marked site near the raw node. (Adepts should move in now to finish the Water node next turn. After that Nameless Tower should start on the Tower of Elements immediately. Remember that you can haste units after their move.)

As I already indicated, Arendel managed to land a heavy stack next to Nubilar and took it two turns ago. (Garrim sort of forgot to build defenses. He can build gargoyles. Why doesn’t he build gargoyles?)

Also, something really unexpected happened last turn, and this is a bit tricky for us. Garrim made peace with the Ljosies. No idea, how he managed. Must have been an event, I guess. So the bad thing is, we’re suddenly under siege.
Spoiler :

On the plus side, we only have to hold the city due to be settled next turn, and only until the Tower of Necromancy is done. After that we can change a node on our mainland to water.

I blinded most units for now except for the flurry, but if you feel you can’t beat them, gift Tianadom and Tiaran back to Garrim. This should restore his culture and the Ljosie units will be teleported out since they don’t have OB. So our mana node city should be safe.
EDIT: although maybe better test this first. Culture behaves stupidly in this mod after all.

There are two more archmagi to promote. After the Tower of Elements is built as well, we should spam sun nodes, I guess. We need some more brute force units against those paladins. Don’t spend money on anything else but the archmage promos and the towers.

There’s also a stack waiting to go for Evermore and take it on the very last turn before we win, they will need a few more galleons. Definitely enough frigates and privateers. Just build wealth in any city that cannot really contribute to the war anymore.

The galleon / galley chain from our mainland to Garrim is a bit messed up now, because I wanted to ship in the settler built last turn. You can reset it though and use it to bring in units from the Western front.

If Garrim declares just wipe him off the face of the planet. He doesn’t deserve to live :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Faeryl Viconia AD-0344.CivBeyondSwordSave
    448.3 KB · Views: 188
Well done, I will have a look at it tonight.

Sorry, I did not get time. It is quite busy for me today and tomorrow. But Friday night I will have time for a PPP.

I'm having a look now.

I will take the fight against arendel at least for one turn as his units are all stuck. I can probably get Mind3 on one archmage next turn and steal the Paladin. If all I do is fail I will liberate the city to push his units away.

City for the last Mana I prefer to put on the jungle.

I will send out a fleet of frigates and privateers loaded with various units to start raiding Ljosalfar coastal cities.

I will build mostly frigates, mages and cultists, and then some stygian gaurd when we have fanatism.

Will research animal handing after fanatism.

I'm having a look now.
Just take your time. I saw your TS is up in the other SG too :)
I will take the fight against arendel at least for one turn as his units are all stuck. I can probably get Mind3 on one archmage next turn and steal the Paladin. If all I do is fail I will liberate the city to push his units away.
Paladins have Loyalty so they will be tough to steal. Better try blinding them every turn and taking them out one by one. Attack with the summon(s) just to damage the tough guys. Attack out with the assassins to decimate their magic users and cannon fodder tigers. As soon as the Paladin / Flurry etc are alone on a tile Alazkan's double and Alazkan himself should do the job. When in trouble, gift the city back to Garrim. Remember that he won't take any gifts when in financial trouble.

City for the last Mana I prefer to put on the jungle.
Please don't. The marked tile is already roaded so that it can be settled next turn and the mana node (also roaded) improved next turn as well, so that Nameless Tower can start on the ToE end of next turn.
I will send out a fleet of frigates and privateers loaded with various units to start raiding Ljosalfar coastal cities.
No real need for this before nearing the end of game when going for Evermeet. In fact, more money means faster rush buys so losing tons of gold on having a stack outside of our culture isn't really great before the ToM is well on its way. Rather prepare the W stack for the raid on Evermeet and stop Amelanchier's fleet in its tracks when he sends one again.

I will build mostly frigates, mages and cultists, and then some stygian gaurd when we have fanatism.
We have lots of frigates already and the privateers can be upgraded in the last minute. Rather build more galleons. Mages, cultists and stygians are great :)
Will research animal handing after fanatism.
Sounds good :)
Some comments in red :) Take your time :)

I can see a need for a few galleons but frigates can also transport.

I can see a need for a few galleons but frigates can also transport.
Only at the expense of STR or movement. Even if we're planning a surprise attack we will still need a fairly big SoD to take the city in 1T. We need transport for our troops more than anything.

Folket, do you need help with the ppp?

I think it should not be a problem. If we will try to win as fast as possible Iguess we should gift all cities but one to Garrim and then mass an enormous fleet while we start the tower of mastery.

The cities bring in gold and we have the army to defend them, so only gift the cities away if you think you'll lose them. Gifting the cities away would set us back actually.

If you are fine with it I will play this tonight.

I failed playing last night as a friend suddenly appeared. I will try again tonight.

No problem :)

Played only two turns yesterday but I'm continuing now. At least we have our first paladin.

Take your time :) I will have to reinstall MNAI anyway for the next TS (provided there are any more... we're pretty close to the finish). Besides, I fell in love with CKII inspired by your and Lymond's enthusiastic comments in the other SG thread so I have something to bide by time :D

I did play a full TS yesterday but I could not reach the civfanatic page to upload it. At least we have 3 paladins, 2 flurries, 1 phallanx and 1 Dain Halfmoon now. Mind 3 is just insanely strong. Our fleet will have no problem capturing Evermore at any time. They are probably strong enough to just conquer all of the Ljosalfar continent.

I have not started the tower of mastery as, as soon as I do we will be at war with Luchuirp.

I destroyed three landing fleets at sea but on the last turn They manage to land on the eastern continent. But is almost destroyed now.

Attachments

• Faeryl Viconia AD-0358.CivBeyondSwordSave
    478.2 KB · Views: 195
Besides, I fell in love with CKII inspired by your and Lymond's enthusiastic comments in the other SG thread so I have something to bide by time :D

I happy I was a successful matchmaker. =)

Got it :) Will check the game after I got home. Sorry for the delay, things got ugly again at work.
I happy I was a successful matchmaker. =)
:lol:

Sorry, will take a bit longer than expected. Apparently I managed to ruin both FFH2 vanilla and MNAI on my PC by trying to make them work parallel to each other :D May be easier to reinstall the whole game and then pick MNAI as the sole FFH2 installation. May take a couple of days though, I'm a bit busy with RL now.

I see. I could play a few more turns while we wait.

Top Bottom