RFC Classical World

Massilia maintained its independence until the rise of Julius Caesar, while Sicily became the scene of very hard fought war. Flipping them to human player in 260 BC is simply counter-historical.

Edit: no worries. Rev,. 66 does not flip them, perhaps only Parthian flip was fixed.

...I was talking about the AI flipping them. I remember srpt did it a while back to help AI Rome.

sprt, game speed is just atrocious for early civs. I mean, I understand slave economy and all that but still. Building a monument feels like building a wonder. I cannot research anything as Rome, I have no idea how people achieve Republic goal, for example...

300 hummers for library or forge? Can we make it at least 250ish -- this is not 4000 BC after all. If you go by Sword of Islam or regular RFC standard remember that you have severely nerfed all the yields. Combined with VERY high costs even experienced players like me feel frustrated. AI cannot build anything too, I never capture a single building in the cities.

A few bugs:

• The leaderhead for Pushyamitra Sunga is the one for Tigranes. Don't think it's intended, but if it is, the Asoka one fit much better.
  • The ticker for the 3rd Qin UHV says 8 provinces to control, yet the goal itself says an triggers with 9 provinces. (Also, because of the way the years work, it checks at 99 BC rather than 100 BC- there is no turn for 100 BC.)
  • The Jinpyeong/Liao-hsi city spot is named "City" upon capture. Probably just a problem with the city name map.

Some bugs, 320BC scenario :
- Eastern roman empire and Roman rebels are both "Kharavela" leaders.
- Eastern roman empire deletes Byzantium at spawn.
- Lack of TXT for Gupta spawn, Huns invasion in India.

And other things :
- Rome acts poorly against Gauls and Carthage. If a first war is failed against Carthage, it's over the AI doesn't know how to invade by sea. I suggest that the free units at war for Rome are for each war, or give more units. For Gauls, I don't know why Rome is so weak.
- Eastern roman empire and Wester roman empire should have a forced peace for X turns at East. R. E. spawn.

Idea :
- Why not make some AI civilizations friendly for each other ? It prevents stupid wars (celts in Mesopotamia, Romans in China...).

Playing as the Satavahanas now. The game is much faster than reported earlier, other programs were draining resources quite a lot. General gameplay seems to be like before, although cities are less productive. A few months ago I read that road building speed would be slowed down a lot in order to prevent road spamming, but roads still seem to be pretty cheap. Also, the Sakas didn't declare war on me and I met them in peace. I think at least the human player should always be at war with the Sakas at spawn. The first goal is quite easy by the way, I steamrolled through the Sungan territories and when that sneaky Kalinkan bastard declared war on me just when my troops weren't near my capital (nothing changed really:p), I conquered Amaravati and Singhapura as well. It's 53BC now and I have about 3600 culture so the second goal may become a problem even though a GA should be ready by then. Still, 4400 culture in 65 turns is a lot. I'll keep you updated. I'm not sure what the third goal means. Are there any cities in South East Asia that I can send missionaries to or do I have to settle some cities (like on the old map?).

The other civs are doing okay I think. Not much to report, except for maybe China. The Han control central China and the Qin control a ring of peripherical cities. Gojoseon has 5 cities.

Au Lac/Vietnam usually has 4-5 cities before the deadline for the missionary goal, and there's also an independent city in Burma that spawns.

A few bugs:

• The leaderhead for Pushyamitra Sunga is the one for Tigranes. Don't think it's intended, but if it is, the Asoka one fit much better.

Pushyamitra Sunga was famous for cruel persecution of Buddhism, he killed last Maurya, he was giving rewards for killing Buddhist monks. To use Asoka for Sunga is the same is to use Einstein's face to represent Hitler (hey, they both spoke German, after all).
Mihirakula looks pretty Hindu to me (and not Hun), he was used as Sindh's ruller in Sword of Islam and he was very anti-Buddhist himself.

This guy can represent somebody too.

Pushyamitra Sunga was famous for cruel persecution of Buddhism, he killed last Maurya, he was giving rewards for killing Buddhist monks. To use Asoka for Sunga is the same is to use Einstein's face to represent Hitler (hey, they both spoke German, after all).
Mihirakula looks pretty Hindu to me (and not Hun), he was used as Sindh's ruller in Sword of Islam and he was very anti-Buddhist himself.

This guy can represent somebody too.

Both look fine. I think the second one is already used for a leaderhead in this mod, but I might be mistaken.

And about the Asoka thing, at least Asoka looked Indian. Tigranes looks white. :lol:

Victory, just before 50AD. At first, I wanted to focus on the culture goal first and then on the missionary goal, which was at that point still 33 turns ahead. However, the Great Artist would spawn a few turns after 50AD so I had to take the risk of generating another GP to get the required amount of GP points. But since I already had the missionaries ready to send to Vietnam, I could as well complete that goal first, get a Golden Age and have a 100% shot towards a Great Artist. In the end I had about 14.5K, of which 4K from the GA. Quite easy. A good one to get into the game again!

rev 68

fixed the leaderhead problem, xml was in the wrong order

I will add some more Indian leaderheads soon

Rome vs Celts is a mystery to me. I will try to look into it soon.

I'd like to overhaul the contact breaking/vassalage/war declaring soon to get rid of the silly long distance stuff. my last game featured a war between Gojoseon and Pontus.

fixed the Qin 8 provinces goal

should have time to do some more work tomorrow

was struggling the first and third goal...
(First goal: Control 6 luxury resources)
(Third goal: Control 10 luxury resources)

I also want the developer to indicate on the civiopedia what resource is luxury and what resource is not...

(been thinking that Olives and clam are luxury resources...)

Luxury resources are anything that primarily gives happiness.
There's dye near Massilia and in Italy, wine in Sicily, Ivory in Mauretania, silver in Baetica, pearls near Sardinia, and I'm pretty sure one more luxury within easy reach.
For the third goal you may need to be more creative. You can get fur in Gallia (trade or conquer if necessary), and there's gold in Northern Spain. Trading for silk with China and pepper and spices with Indian civs can cover all 10.

thanks for the info... (don't even know that Ivory is a luxury resource...) (Now I know...)

Other bugs (220AD scenario) :
- Hephtalites leader is... "Hephtalites leader". I know this is a unknown civilization but it's disturbing. Unfortunatly, didn't find a name.
- Issue with Kalinka score (picture).
- Dacian capital is "City". In 220AD, 80BC and 320BC scenario. Same for Tocharians.

Idea :
- Need to "force" the AI to settle the spawning position and not move the initial settler. Sometimes parthians move it and found "City" one tile N-E or S-W.

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    217 KB · Views: 86
Please tell me what are the + of a svn download, because it downloads about 2.5x longer, there was an error and since I've downloaded the new version via svn, it crashes every time I play a scenario, when initing graphics. So please update the regular download, because I want to play it...

In short, the major advantage is the version control. For the players of the mod, this means you can always have the latest version with the new updates, without having to wait for the new regular download.
(In RFCE, it did take several months between download occasionally. It's not hard to understand that people want to play the latest updates earlier)

For modders, it can also be used as a backup. And when you mod with more people, you don't have to worry you overwrite the changes of the others.

The downside is that the size of the mod will double.

Normally, the mod should work properly with SVN. If it's not working for you that means that there is a bug or you have a corrupted download.

Spoiler :
In the case of the bug, the SVN still provides some advantage. If the bug was made in revision, let's say, 500, you can set the mod to revision 499. All updates upto revision 499 are playable. When the bug is fixed, you can easily update to the latest version and play on with the latest version. (However, some changes make savegame incompatable between revision)

Top Bottom