Unit requests thread

Attachments

• linkpolice.jpg
    linkpolice.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 382
I actually wouldn't mind either the Scottish Clansman unit with the Claymore or the Austrin unit with a kilt.

I feel free to use this thread for a credit request: :)

Does anybody know, who created/ported the Civ4 sloop unit ?

There are several Civ-Mods using this ship, but who was "first"...? :mischief:

The unit will be implemented in German Civ4Col-Mod "Tortuga" and we'd like to give proper credit whenever possible.

Attachments

• sloop.gif
    sloop.gif
    68.6 KB · Views: 498

The unit will be implemented in German Civ4Col-Mod "Tortuga" and we'd like to give proper credit whenever possible.

Check the big mod's credit. If I had to guess it originated from a larger mod, possibly realisim invictus, ask them, otherwise i think it is also in ROM which I would guess would be where it originated

Do not know who did the portation, but if it helps, the model is from Pirates!. Here is a NifSkope image of original model:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• pirates_sloop.jpg
    pirates_sloop.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 538
Here you go. :)

YOU ARE A STAR! :goodjob: haha. I'll PM you about the Braves. It will be so cool to see them wielding the Pictish sword and Scabbard!

Anaerin, out of curiousity, do you plan on releasing your Pictish mod anytime soon?

Thanks for your interest! I do plan on releasing a version 1.0 ASAP, but it could still be a few months. I am a bit of a perfectionist and hate releasing anything unfinished... its like an OCD thing ;)

The good news is that all my art projects have come to an end and I'm taking a couple years to write a novel about the Pretani (Picts)... and this gives me a great platform to work out my visual ideas... so I'm determined to get it finished and chances are the first stage (ancient era's) will be finished within a few months... but I know better to put a date on it. :)

I posted this over on the Graphics Modpacks section, but I figure I might as well post my request here too in case someone that can help checks one and not the other.

Could someone make a horned goat, either as a resource or as an actual animal?

Here's a picture of what I'm looking for:

Hey SaibotLieh :)

I tried to PM you but couldn't figure out to upload images and files :crazyeye: so I will just do it here ;)

I have been going over my files and trying to remember what I was trying to do with the Pictish Brave units in 2011... so I went back and re-read our posts from page 206, posts 4111, 4112 and 4119.

It seems we were using a Scout body, which you kindly transformed into the base model we would use for the other Pictish Brave units... then life took over and I had to drop the project for a couple years :mischief:

The other units we were going to try with this body were the Spearman and Javelineer... However, I have also had ideas of using the 'berserker scout' unit to create a Pictish brave with two Axes, and another with an axe in left hand and a sword in his right... which would look awesome in game :D

So, if we were to pick up where we left off, it seems the next thing we were going to do was try to use the body you created and swap out for the javeliner guy. I have attached the files needed. See what you think.

BTW... I wont complete the skins for the naked Pict Braves until I have them all ready, that way I can match skin tone, while making the tattoos and faces/hair different... so for now I just made him blue skinned and put some black underpants on him... he wasn't happy bout that :lol:

Attachments

• Pict_SpearWarriorConcept.jpg
    Pict_SpearWarriorConcept.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Pictish_SpearWarrior_Development.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
Hey SaibotLieh :)

I tried to PM you but couldn't figure out to upload images and files :crazyeye: so I will just do it here ;)

I have been going over my files and trying to remember what I was trying to do with the Pictish Brave units in 2011... so I went back and re-read our posts from page 206, posts 4111, 4112 and 4119.

It seems we were using a Scout body, which you kindly transformed into the base model we would use for the other Pictish Brave units... then life took over and I had to drop the project for a couple years :mischief:

The other units we were going to try with this body were the Spearman and Javelineer... However, I have also had ideas of using the 'berserker scout' unit to create a Pictish brave with two Axes, and another with an axe in left hand and a sword in his right... which would look awesome in game :D

So, if we were to pick up where we left off, it seems the next thing we were going to do was try to use the body you created and swap out for the javeliner guy. I have attached the files needed. See what you think.

BTW... I wont complete the skins for the naked Pict Braves until I have them all ready, that way I can match skin tone, while making the tattoos and faces/hair different... so for now I just made him blue skinned and put some black underpants on him... he wasn't happy bout that :lol:
Swapping the models should not be much of a problem. Did you already try to Nifswap them? Often that already gives some good results.

Swapping the models should not be much of a problem. Did you already try to Nifswap them? Often that already gives some good results.

The problem I have is that I cannot get nifskope and blender to work properly on the Mac. It's a real pain. I have modelled in other software before, so I do have some skills, and if I could get it to work I could complete this quicker and not need to rely on your good will and nature ;) Alas this is not the case.

When you say nifswap, I think that is taking one .nif and renaming it as the file you wish to replace. I did try that but I end up with a pink axeman with axe and shield, rather than a spearwarrior. :(

The problem I have is that I cannot get nifskope and blender to work properly on the Mac. It's a real pain. I have modelled in other software before, so I do have some skills, and if I could get it to work I could complete this quicker and not need to rely on your good will and nature ;) Alas this is not the case.

When you say nifswap, I think that is taking one .nif and renaming it as the file you wish to replace. I did try that but I end up with a pink axeman with axe and shield, rather than a spearwarrior. :(
Ah, sorry, I remembered that you couldn't use Blender, but for some reason I thought NifSkope would work fine for you. :blush:

Anyhow, a nifswap is done with NifSkope, so you won't be able to do so. I will see what I can do then. :)

Ah, sorry, I remembered that you couldn't use Blender, but for some reason I thought NifSkope would work fine for you. :blush:

Anyhow, a nifswap is done with NifSkope, so you won't be able to do so. I will see what I can do then. :)

Thanks! I really do appreciate your help. Without your assistance, the Pictish mod would not happen. I am creating a front screen for the mod over the weekend. I am going to put your name on the front as the Unit Modeller and will post here soon.

I am very proud of the units we have created so far, and if you are still interested, would like to create a few more. I like to find ways of creating units very simply without a lot of work for you, though I know what you have just completed with the Pictish Sword and Scabbard was much more time consuming for you and thus extra special. :goodjob: Thanks! :)

Thanks! I really do appreciate your help. Without your assistance, the Pictish mod would not happen. I am creating a front screen for the mod over the weekend. I am going to put your name on the front as the Unit Modeller and will post here soon.

I am very proud of the units we have created so far, and if you are still interested, would like to create a few more. I like to find ways of creating units very simply without a lot of work for you, though I know what you have just completed with the Pictish Sword and Scabbard was much more time consuming for you and thus extra special. :goodjob: Thanks! :)

Ooops :blush: It seems I somehow gave you the wrong texture .dds for the Pict Brave unit... please find the correct one attached :blush:

Attachments

• celticwarrior_128.dds.zip
    7 KB · Views: 120
Not so much a request for a unit here, but I do have a question if anybody can answer it. I am looking for a specific unit that I saw somewhere at some point a while back. It may have been in a mod, it may have been in a screen shot of a mod, so I am not sure what it was from. But I could have sworn that I saw a Musketman and or Cuirassier made from Bakuel's "Byzantine Style" Nubian Heavy Cavalry rider. And I just wanted to know if anybody knew what I was talking about and more importantly where to find it. If anybody could help me with this, that would be fantastic, thanks in advance.

Not so much a request for a unit here, but I do have a question if anybody can answer it. I am looking for a specific unit that I saw somewhere at some point a while back. It may have been in a mod, it may have been in a screen shot of a mod, so I am not sure what it was from. But I could have sworn that I saw a Musketman and or Cuirassier made from Bakuel's "Byzantine Style" Nubian Heavy Cavalry rider. And I just wanted to know if anybody knew what I was talking about and more importantly where to find it. If anybody could help me with this, that would be fantastic, thanks in advance.

Check the Swahili Musketman and Cuirassier in HR, I think they're the units you're describing. Don't recall where I found them originally.

I posted this over on the Graphics Modpacks section, but I figure I might as well post my request here too in case someone that can help checks one and not the other.

Could someone make a horned goat, either as a resource or as an actual animal?

Here's a picture of what I'm looking for:

In C2C we have an Ibex and Muflon. They are not animated however.

Top Bottom