TakTak FM - Announcements and WIPs from Takhisis

Well, this is a long-overdue bump, but I've decided to use Korea as a cultural counterweight to the Japanese, so that the civ-player's natural warmongering instinct is curbed and the cultural buildings actually do something.
Also I am using BigBopper's map of Japan for now.

To the rythm of Κυτρινα Ποδηλατα (if anyone wants to romanise it, be my guess), something is slowly taking form.
Spoiler :

To the rythm of Κυτρινα Ποδηλατα (if anyone wants to romanise it, be my guess), something is slowly taking form.
Spoiler :

Takhisis, thank you very much for doing this unit. :) :bounce::banana:

The steamroller will be an important improvement to the gameplay of Civ 3. It will have a MV of 2 and be able to do a road in one turn and therefore reduce micromanagement of workers -especially on big maps- massively. The steamroller will apear in CCM with the tech steampower at the end of era 2. At present the techbox of that tech holds Gary´s bulldozer unit as a placeholder. When the steamroller is available, Gary´s bulldozer will become an upgrade of the steamroller in later WW II, allowing to do a mine in one turn.

The other unit encircled in red is the Great Artist (Shakespear) done by themanuneed. This unit will also have a decisive role in the next version of CCM, working as a "culture bomb" by providing up to 2.000 points of culture to the civ, that has such a unit.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Techtree Era2.jpg
    Techtree Era2.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 391
Still needs a Holman projector so it can function as artillery with a Bombard of 4/1/3, and Flak at 1.

Still needs a Holman projector so it can function as artillery with a Bombard of 4/1/3, and Flak at 1.

Sorry, here I have to disagree. Not every unit unit in Civ 3 needs to be a military unit. The speciality of this unit is, that it will become a very powerful civilian unit. It doesn´t need a Holman projector. Despite the fact, that this weapon was introduced much later than the steamroller should appear in CCM, it would look ugly or at least very strange on that unit.

Yes, it's half a century too early. (although it would be yet another cylinder mesh)

@Kyriakos: Greeks who mistype their own language should be executed summarily, or subjected to an hour of 64k modem noises.

Sorry, here I have to disagree. Not every unit unit in Civ 3 needs to be a military unit. The speciality of this unit is, that it will become a very powerful civilian unit. It doesn´t need a Holman projector. Despite the fact, that this weapon was introduced much later than the steamroller should appear in CCM, it would look ugly or at least very strange on that unit.

Civinator, I was having a little fun. Besides, it would be an emergency defense unit and not a standard combat unit. Too bad the game does not have something like Home Guard units which could be called out when cities are attacked.

The British Army first used steam traction engines in the Ashanti War in 1873-74 under General Garnet Wolseley, so probably you would have the steam roller become available with Steam Power, or maybe require Ironclads to be researched. They were used to haul cargo and in India, troops. What you could do is have it be a very efficient machine for building roads and maybe look at it being a land transport unit as well, given the news on that front.

You might want to consider having it build railroads faster as well, as some of the early steam traction engines could be run on standard gauge rails as light locomotives for working crews.

Civinator, I was having a little fun.

timerover51, here you cought me. :) I´m so happy that this requested unit becomes reality, that I defend it in any way, against real attacks and feints. :D

..so probably you would have the steam roller become available with Steam Power, or maybe require Ironclads to be researched. They were used to haul cargo and in India, troops. What you could do is have it be a very efficient machine for building roads and maybe look at it being a land transport unit as well, given the news on that front.

You might want to consider having it build railroads faster as well, as some of the early steam traction engines could be run on standard gauge rails as light locomotives for working crews.

This is exactly the setting for that upcoming unit. As you can see in the spoiler of post 27 of this thread, the steamroller comes with Steampower and it will be used mainly for quick construction of roads and railroads, so the big masses of workers that must receive individual orders when beeing used efficiently, are not longer needed.

The background for the request of the steamroller were some posts in the last CCM succession game, when one of the great "profiplayers", who participated in that game, posted, that he needed more time to direct the over 1.200 workers of the civilization they played than for the rest of the turn and this is an annoying part of Civ 3. An interesting discussion in that thread followed and the "Superworker" - here the steamroller - is intended to to do the job of many workers. Now you need only one command for the "superworker" and not several commands for many normal worker to achieve the tileimprovement.

I guess that I go the other way and shorten the number of turns needed to build roads and railroads. That also keeps the number of workers down.

This would be so much easier if I could find a useful manual with the list of humungous shortcuts… I'll just have to upgrade from 2.49 to 2.68 (all pre-2.5 versions now have an obsolete design and I'll have to relearn :undecide:)

You wouldn't want to use pre 2.5 versions anyway, given they look like crap and are far less intuitive than even the current Blender versions (which says a lot) :D
Oh no you didn't. As unintuitive as old Blender was, at least I had the hang of it. At least the shortcut keys are still the same.

Top Bottom