Weekend Specials Online

Banner Saga was £12.72 on Steam on Wednesday. Seems decent from the bit I played so far.

Fable the lost chapters is $1.50 on steam daily deal. Awesome game.

Edit: was 85% off for 1.50.

Fable the lost chapters is $1.85 on steam daily deal. Awesome game.

Hmm..
I've only played two hours so far, but I have to say I'm not impressed. The story already seems trite, the 'morality' too black and white, and the controls and UI are really bad.

The graphics obviously didn't age well.
I tried to get into this game once, but this bloody saving mechanics prevented me from playing further (seriously, I don't have so much time, and I might have bette things to do than playing to the next save point).

Well, I don't really care that much about graphics and the art style still works, but what gets me are the menues and that bloody save mechanic you mentioned.
Anyway, after Fable I tried Gothic 3 (on steam for € 2,49), well aware of the game's reputation. It seems well founded as mouse controls don't seem to work at all and I'm stuck in the tutorial. Currently downloading the latest community patch.

but what gets me are the menues and that bloody save mechanic you mentioned.

Fable never really had a good menu system in my opinion. II, however, was at least tolerable. III went off the deep end as far as the UI is concern.

It's been a while since I played the lost chapters but I really liked it. I have it on disc but bought the digital version since it was so cheap. The morality is extremely black and white but I still enjoyed the story, it seems to get better further in. Your character doesn't change tons with your decisions, it's a pretty linear game imo but I still liked leveling up and the story was decent enough.

The humble weekly is decent, little inferno, super hexagon, natural selection 2 for $1. For $6 you also get critter crunch, pixeljunk monsters extreme and hotline miami.

Can anyone recommend hotline miami? It has pretty good reviews but I think you can get it on sale on steam sometimes for less than $5. Dunno if the $6 package is worth it. Those other two games look like they should be ios titles.

Hotline Miami is decent if you're into fast-paced gameplay. I think of it like GTA1 combat mechanics translated to a twin-stick setup which is much more satisfying. The story's pretty trippy, certainly done differently to most games. It's a good game but I do think it's a tad overrated.

It's also pretty hard but not Super-Meat-Boy-hard.

It was one of my favorite games from last year and one of the only indie games I actually played through more than once (I think I played it through 3-4 times, and I still boot sometimes when I have to kill 15-30 minutes).

It's not for everyone though. You just have to understand that levels are short, and that you're meant to die all the time and try again and again. This is softened by the fact that you respawn immediately at the tap of a button and you just want to keep trying. You're never more than like 30 seconds away from where you were. It's fast and feels very crisp and responsive, it's very satisfying to succeed, I don't know how else to put it. It pushes some good buttons. Also, having a soft spot for, or having lived in, the whole aura of the 80s is another bonus. And the soundtrack is amazing.

I will get hotline eventually, I just don't know if it's worth $5 more for the bundle, considering pixeljunk monsters and critter crunch look pretty awful.

I will get hotline eventually, I just don't know if it's worth $5 more for the bundle, considering pixeljunk monsters and critter crunch look pretty awful.

Dont you already have a huge pile of shame ?
Do you really want to be adding yet more games. Unless you intend to play it immediately after buying then you might as well wait as games can only get cheaper as they age.

An awesome sale on GMG. Picked up Mafia 2 Complete, Borderlands Complete, Borderlands 2, Bioshock, and Bioshock 2 for a super high price of $28.

You're just jealous because our e-peens are bigger.

Your e-peens are tiny
I have seen people with 1300+ games and 500+ inventory items and level 120.

Fair warning synsensa, mafia 2 is awful.

And yes, I have hundreds of games and half have never been played, but so what?

Top Bottom