America: Write Your Own History

Spoiler :
OOC: Oh man, yesterday I woke up, started reading what was new to me and then my stomach started telling me I had to pull out that delicious meal of the day before, and not by the normal way out. That was terrible, and took the whole day. I couldn't even be sit, so I only left my bed when it was time to go to the bathroom.

So I lost a lot of the story, and I couldn't vote. Anyways I've just read everything and RT's solution seems very interesting. At least it was a way of not winning this game by domination. Now we will have more of this game to enjoy us.

Well DKVM, long ago I got myself to a conclusion that I think expresses pretty well your feeling (even though you seem to be annoyed by the way things are handled, and not by what brings you to this situation in the first place):

Capitalism was one of the worst inventions of Humanity. Call me whatever you'd like, but Capitalism just sucks. At least it's beter then Mercantilism and Feudalism, which were worse by far.

But what do you expect from a being as stupid as a human? That didn't realize society was the natural way to evolve, to compensate for individual flaws. In fact society was used by the cunniest to make their lives the best, while the others live in the shadow of believing this way is the right way to go.

And then came the Communism. And I'm sorry to everyone who disagrees with me (Moai in special), which couldn't be neither better nor worse then Capitalism. The situation is the same: the cunniest still make society turn their lives the best, while most people just suffer and still believe this is the right way to go.

Now the conclusion is obvious and simple: Both ideologies are empty, they take their inspiration in books written by utopian minds who couldn't see that it doesn't matter who handles the economical power, because it'll always be in the hand of a few, and for this to works, oppression, misinformation and any other tool to make the majority ignore their situation while the cunniest abuse on eveything is unavoidable.

All people rping here politicians, knowing or not, are reproducing this: Those rped politicians only care for their well being, not of all. Those who truly do can't act in a way different from the other because its custom. And that's why those discussions are SO ANNOYING.

The truer you are to yourself and to the others, the sickiest this type of discussions get. Try to be a good person, and the world will opress you. That's how things work. Sorry for the pessimism, but that's how I see things.

If anyone wants to discuss about that, please let's go to Talk your own mind group, because this may get big.

Out of topic, it should be posted in the talk your mind (I'll do it later). I will focus on the story itsself.

RT decides what happens to the story. He decided that central planning should change how the story proceeds. Well I disagree to this, but RT has its own way to play the game and I will enjoy it in his way. Moreover, the story and reality are completely different things. DoC is a strategy game, not a history simulator.

Honestly, if James Connolly hadn't retired, we wouldn't be facing the sniveling evil of Browder.

I'm almost certain that he was "helped" into retirement by Foster.

Or maybe he retired normally. Not everything has to be some communist cover-up

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Thank you! :lol:

OT: I'm playing a game as India and I was tired of continuously defeating the Mughals so I moved them to the East Antarctic Ice Sheet so they won't bother Dilli anymore :p

Also, let's just give this whole Connolly thing a break, it's been like a decade since he ran, let's just worry about Browder right now.

OT: I'm playing a game as India and I was tired of continuously defeating the Mughals so I moved them to the East Antarctic Ice Sheet so they won't bother Dilli anymore :p

Also, let's just give this whole Connolly thing a break, it's been like a decade since he ran, let's just worry about Browder right now.

OT: That is very offtopic for this thread but nice :lol:

I agree, like how the Wilson assassination needs to be given a rest, that was decades ago.

So while we await RT to return anyone have some other good interactive stories to share?

im about to make an incredibly interesting china one similar to this

i don't want to spoil anything, but it's certainly something which this subforum has never seen before ;)

Well now this made me need to update my Ethiopia story :p I'm about to give it an overhaul actually so it will be interactive :D and good luck to China and India :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I wonder if anyone's made a story through multiplayer. I don't even know if DOC is playable through multiplayer ! If it were, I would have proposed combining your China story with my india story and made an India-China story :p . Though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't stand a chance before you. I've never played outside of Viceroy :D , and DOC is heavily biased towards China, Germany and North America. These four regions outproduced just about anything !

"Guys please don't hate. I'm not self advertising but you should totally take a look at my stories lol." Is what a YouTube person would say on CFC. But drop by Brazil, it's nutty in the southern hemisphere :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I wonder if anyone's made a story through multiplayer. I don't even know if DOC is playable through multiplayer ! If it were, I would have proposed combining your China story with my india story and made an India-China story :p . Though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't stand a chance before you. I've never played outside of Viceroy :D , and DOC is heavily biased towards China, Germany and North America. These four regions outproduced just about anything !

No, but there is RFC multiplayer. Unfortunately, Rhye's inginuity made the tech rate depedent on the number of players assuming you will have a "special colaboration" with the other player making gameplay nearly undoable. The worst thing about it is that it is hardcored in the DLL! So you can't fix it through Python :cry:

I tried once to play as all civs (history simulation, construct the starts of all civs), but I was unable to do it because of this.

things feeling stale? well, have a story to liven things up!

Spoiler :
Trotsky's Commune: Newspaper of the 4th International
Browder conspiring with Germany and Russia?!

Recent intelligence from the Espionage branch of the 4th International have received reports that Browder met with German foreign minister Ribbentrop and Russian foreign Minister Molotov in order to sign a Non-Aggression Pact with the intention that the 3 nations can proceed with imperialistic ambitions without hindrance from each other. With this green-light from Germany and Russia, what will it mean for the seceded states? Even more, Germany can now take on Europe without fear of a two-front war, same with Russia over in Asia. With this new Axis of Evil created, the free world must stay ever vigilant, wary, and full of fight in order to protect Lady Liberty from all harm. If the world loses it's Freedom, then it will take an incredibly long time-if ever-for us to regain it. Trotsky and Moai plan to address the Paris Conference of this development after the next Proposal is passed. Stay vigilant, Comrades

A picture of Ribbentrop, Molotov, and Browder meeting in the Kremlin under Stalin's Watchful Eye

Top Bottom