[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

thank you,Gedemon !

now i tried to use my own map with your mod,i simply replaced the Giant_Map_blank with my map,
changed the name of my map to Giant_Map_blank,and ingame i can play 34 civs and perhaps even more on my map...thats great,and the last 12 civs have static 2d leaders...cool !!!

only one problem left :

on my map i start on a place,and all ( ALL ) other civs start at the same place...so there are a lot of settlers on the same place.....how i can change that ?

Is there any particular reasons that city-states are showing up in random locations? I have the use only city-states with TSL option selected, and I've tried two mod civilization-heavy games on the giant earth map thus far.

The first game, La Venta was in the middle of India. In the second game, Sana'a was just a bit south of the borders of me, Belgium. Sana'a replaces Samarqand in the Timurids mod, so there's no reason it should be there.

i think i only need to place enough " Random Player - Start Place " to my map...will check it when i have time...

Hello,
Can you tell me what combination of mods are necessary to play the standard Mediterranean maps. Everything else plays fine for me, but it will not let me add citystates when I chose one of the standard Mediterranean maps. Thanks,,, Greg

Hey,
First of all from what I've seen, this mod is fantastic. Thanks for putting all this work into it. I was curious though, has anyone ever reported having issues getting the production screen to open on the Giant Map? I'm running it on a Mac and everything loads up, but as soon as I settle my city and try to open up production, nothing happens. I can still move around, open the city screen, set my science, basically everything else, just the production isn't working. Any ideas as what might be causing this? I tried searching through comments to find it but was unsuccessful, but I might have missed it. Thanks a lot in advance.

Gedemon, do you have any updates planned for this map to fix the lack of aluminum?

Alternatively, does anyone else know how one might fix this problem him/herself?

Posting this here as it seems you can't attach files to pms (or I just can't find the option). It's the final version of my world map, to be included in this mod if Gedemon still updates it. In the meantime, you may play on the map as it is; I've included screenshots of the starting locations of the various civs, so if you wish to change the starting civs, just edit the map and include them on the red dots. Or anywhere you please, of course, but the resources are balanced for those particular spots.

It's the same map as that in my sig, but edited somewhat. Mainly the city states are different, there are now barbarians (fingers crossed), and a few tiles have been tweaked here and there. My mod on Steam will be discontinued, because I hate the clunky mess that is Steam, and really the mod is obsolete if my map can be included in Gedemon's.

EDIT: I tested the map and despite my best efforts, the Russians start in Alaska. :lol::goodjob: Rest assured that if they make it this hard to make working maps in Civ VI, I won't be making any. I guess the map would have to be made into a 'mod' again to correct this, with all the hoops that this involves. I can't be bothered; if someone else can, kudos to you and please make the corrected map available.

EDIT2: And now when I test Persia, on a different computer I might add, it all works perfectly! :crazyeye: I'm 99 % sure I did click 'Load Scenario' on that first try, but maybe I didn't. Anyway, just try it and if it works, consider yourself lucky. :D

Attachments

• ZipWorld.7z
    2.2 MB · Views: 599
Hey, Gedemon, I have a really weird error to report.

I downloaded YnAEMP (version 22 -- I'm not sure if that's the problem?) from Steam today.
I ran it, I think once, to test to see if my Blackfoot mod's TSL info would work. Seems it did.
I then went back to running random games without loading up YnAEMP at all and this is what happened:

If I chose a specific civ (instead of random) and chose random map and random map size, I would get a random (I think, sometimes I doubted since I totally saw the exact same start area about 4 times) map with no resources at all.

This happened with my own civs as well as JFD's, LastSword's, and even Firaxis civs. It also happened when I activated the mods menu without any mods active at all.

The only time I didn't get the error was when I started a single-player game with no mods without using the mod menu.

The problem continued and I couldn't shake it until I deleted my YnAEMP directory. Then it went away immediately.

I have no idea what went wrong, although I *did* exit my YnAEMP game by hitting Alt-F4 to exit to desktop. Not sure if that would have done it.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if you know what's going on. I really love the idea of YnAEMP and YnAEMP support is our (TPangolin and my) largest fan request, so I'd love to be able to get it going properly.

Love the map but even on highest settings, the resources are still rather sparse for my taste. I like games where everyone has a nice collection to trade or fight over. I think that the Communitas map has it right for my tastes but they don't offer a giant earth option. If I understood how to program I'd import their code into this mod but that is simple fantasy on my part. Hope this eventually gets addressed because the giant and huge TSP maps are my favorites for playing Civ.

Any updates on the Europe Large and Europe Huge? Its been about a year since the last update on them I think. :)

Actually I have completed a Giant Europe map (166x118) and replaced the giant europe map included in YnAEMP (which wasn't selectable, since it wasn't incorporated into the code) with it.
With Gedemon's permission I would love to upload the map together my edited versions of the YnAEMDefines.lua and the relevant xml-files.
I've put a lot of work into it and it came out pretty well I think.

I have already written to gedemon, so just waiting for him to get back to me..

Can anyone help with me the issue I'm having?

I've used both the Steam download and the direct download from this thread, however I always get this. Nothing I do changes the setup screen, but I know it changes the map at least. It's also the only mod I'm running since I turned all the others off.

http://puu.sh/a0A53/778fcb169c.jpg

Apologies if this has been asked, I did look through all the replies but I haven't seen anything, so sorry if I missed that as well.

Can anyone help with me the issue I'm having?

I've used both the Steam download and the direct download from this thread, however I always get this. Nothing I do changes the setup screen, but I know it changes the map at least. It's also the only mod I'm running since I turned all the others off.

http://puu.sh/a0A53/778fcb169c.jpg

Apologies if this has been asked, I did look through all the replies but I haven't seen anything, so sorry if I missed that as well.
Delete you cache folder. If that doesn't work, delete the mod and re-download it.

These did nothing to help the situation
Okay, then it's probably beyond my expertise.
I have had the same problem, but only after messing around with the YaenmDefines.lua and the mod's xml files.
You get check you lua.log and see if there's any errors occouring while loading the game setup.. Or post it and I can take a look, though I not sure I can do much..

The link to the compatibility patch for JFD's civs seems to be broken. It just leads me to a dropbox link that says nothing is here.... The other compatibility patch links seem to be fine though.

The link to the compatibility patch for JFD's civs seems to be broken. It just leads me to a dropbox link that says nothing is here.... The other compatibility patch links seem to be fine though.
I think it's because JFD is including the tsl coordinates for his civs in the respective downloads rather than in a patch. So tsl for norway is included in the norway mod, and so forth.
This - I think - also seems to have become a more general custom among "new civs" modders.

Top Bottom