America: The Birth of a Dream

I know it's too early for this but this song works very well for this story :lol:

Link to video.

A New Government: 1518
The plan for this is that each governor runs with someone as his Lieutenant Governor that, in case anything happens to the governor, there will be someone to rule. When electing the name on top is the one whom is running for governor and the bottom is running as his partner.

Royal Family:
Lord Edward Stafford, 40
Thomas Boleyn, 41

Lord Edward Stafford, Duke of Buckingham, wishes to become governor of the colonies to help improve their power. He is a bold fellow and wishes to both keep the colonies under royal control directly but also wants to create an even larger English Empire. This would mean taking French lands with hostile action using the latest cannon garrison. His running mate Thomas Boleyn, 1st Earl of Wiltshire, 1st Earl of Ormond, agrees with all the policies set forth by Stafford. Edward also believes that creating a better colony and not producing raw materials should be prioritized.
Spoiler :

Lord Edward Stafford
Spoiler :

Thomas Boleyn
Spoiler :

Royalist Party:
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey, 45
Sir Thomas More, 40

Wolsey is a very religious man and believes that they should not war with the French unless attacked first. He believes that defense before offense is the best policy. Wolsey also believes that raw materials should be produced to fund for more colonies in America. He also wants churches to be prioritized to entice new colonists. His running mate, Sir Thomas More, agrees with all the policies set forth by Wolsey.
Spoiler :

Thomas Wolsey
Spoiler :

Sir Thomas More
Spoiler :

William Tyndale, 34
Thomas Cranmer, 29

As was Wolsey, Tyndale is a very religious man and also believes that churches should be built in all the colonies to make the land a religious haven. He differs though in that he believes that New France is rightfully British and thus needs to be taken "back". He also claims that the best way to handle the colony is to have it produce buildings for itself and not focus on resources as the colony needs to be built up. His running partner agrees with all of his policies.
Spoiler :

William Tyndale
Spoiler :

Thomas Cranmer
Spoiler :

Expansionist Party:
Fernão Pires de Andrade, 38
Jorge Álvares, 27

Andrade was originally born in Portugal and served her nation well but wanted more than to be a simple explorer. He thus gave allegiance to the crown and came to the colonies to try to lead America to glory. He is known for his great financial transaction skills and is a shrewd businessman. He claims he can get New France by bargaining but is not afraid to use force to take the land. Andrade wants to prioritize the finding of a Western passage to Asia. He also claims that raw materials need to be produced and sold to Europe so that explorations can be funded. His running partner agrees with all his policies.
Spoiler :

Fernão Pires de Andrade
Spoiler :

Jorge Álvares
Spoiler :

Royal Family
Stafford/Bolyen-0
Royalist Party
Wolsey/More-9
Tyndale/Cranmer-0
Exploration Party
Andrade/Alvares-2

Say "Wolsey/More" or whatever please. To everyone else.

Wolsey/More

Also, the video is a parody of "Too late to apologize" by One Republic.

Andrade/Alvarez

Down with the king!

It's actually by Timbaland and features One Republic. :D

It's actually by Timbaland and features One Republic. :D

I just looked it up to see if you're right and I read that Timbaland remixed the song but it was still MADE by OneRepublic thus my comment stands.

Oh well I'm not always right :p

Wolsey/More

Its a bit early to be thinking of military expansion imo

Wolsey/More

Wosley

Wolsey Wins Elections in Landslide!
In a landslide victory with a popular vote of 82%! Having been the first election since the Crown relinquished power back to the colonies Wolsey seemed to have been the favored choice. This was also the first election in which there was a Lieutenant Governor chosen as well as a Governor so that there is a back-up plan in case things go awry as they did before. As he took office the day after his elections, he gave a speech to the people of America. "By the grace of God I have been allowed to lead our wonderful king's subjects. I declare now that we shall be the rulers of our own land and we shall lead our people to heavenly peace. May God's rays of love and life shine down upon us as Jesus Christ protects us from these hard times. Thank you everyone, and God save the King."

Top Bottom