2nd Beyond Earth Livestream - 8/21

Did they say that Xenomass is only located under alien nests? Because that would put Harmony players in direct conflict with aliens.

Maybe they'll have the ability to work alien nests with medium levels of Harmony. Still kind of problematic for me, but it is an option.

That would be very interesting if alien nests actually worked like some sort of a unique tile improvement for harmony but I highly doubt it

No, the alien they fired rockets at with the city took 67 damage. That explorer did look like it took 10 and died though. Explorers have less health maybe? UI glitch?

Although explorers were seen in the last stream and I'm pretty sure they had 100hp there. I'm thinking it probably just looked like a 10 or was incorrectly displayed.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Hope that it was a glitch. Having an explorer die in one hit would be pretty bad.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Hope that it was a glitch. Having an explorer die in one hit would be pretty bad.

I'm fairly certain that the explorer was double-moved next to the nest. If the Drones and/or Nest were visible from 2 hexes away then insta-death should be avoidable.

It's a shame that Kavitha has nothing to do with the Affinity system :(

I wonder how many free techs Élodie will be able to get in a game through its UA. 4? 5? Because Kozlov is looking good with that 5th turn free tech in addition to +20% satellite duration - even if it's not always that early.

It's a shame that Kavitha has nothing to do with the Affinity system :(

I wonder how many free techs Élodie will be able to get in a game through its UA. 4? 5? Because Kozlov is looking good with that 5th turn free tech in addition to +20% satellite duration - even if it's not always that early.

I think people are undervaluing Kavitha's special. Only having to defend an outpost for half as long is quite a bonus. Moreover, the outpost becomes productive twice as fast. I think that with the proper planning, it could very well be one of the more powerful specials.

I think people are undervaluing Kavitha's special. Only having to defend an outpost for half as long is quite a bonus. Moreover, the outpost becomes productive twice as fast. I think that with the proper planning, it could very well be one of the more powerful specials.

A small correction: not twice but 1.5. I have to say though "50% faster outpost growth" is a somewhat confusing way to describe their ability considering that the process of growing an outpost into a city will probably be described in terms of a number of turns.

Thinking about it, I agree. Her bonus will have a cumulative effect. Your first city will be productive sooner so it will be able to produce a colonist sooner which will in turn produce another city even sooner, etc. The more cities, she builds, the more powerful her bonus gets. Played well, Kavitha could expand much faster than any other faction. And if you take artists with you for the extra culture and health, your borders will expand faster and your health bonus will further help you expand.

For cargo, I have a hard time believing you'd want something else than the free worker.

As mentioned in the LiveStream, an early Worker is unprotected from Aliens so that choice can lead to an early alien attack wiping out your Worker. It remains to be seen how much warning your Starting Colony might get prior to an attack.

Maybe Kavitha should also be given a small +1 culture per turn in their capital? Since religion usually promotes cultural development too.

Or start the game with a free virtue.

Maybe Kavitha should also be given a small +1 culture per turn in their capital? Since religion usually promotes cultural development too.

Starting with a free virtue sounds fun

However, I think that if they are weak they should double down on their existing bonus.... would "Outposts instantly become cities" be OP?

If so, then there is somewhere between +50% growth and 'instant city' that is balanced

(I just like that India is the city spammer this time, and Africa is the supertall cities)

Making one bonus more powerful makes them more interesting and different.

I'll make it a point to touch on Harmony and their relationship to aliens next week, but here's the capsule version: Harmony factions WILL kill aliens in the course of the game. At the beginning, in the middle, maybe even at the end. You've got gameplay tools to help manage that relationship with the wildlife, but sometimes guns are the tool you use.

I also may have to find a creative way to kill an Explorer next week.

Starting with a free virtue would be a bit OP I think. I like +1 culture in the capital a lot however it might make the raw materials cargo pick that gives you a free clinic too strong since that would add up for a significant culture boost early game.

I'll make it a point to touch on Harmony and their relationship to aliens next week, but here's the capsule version: Harmony factions WILL kill aliens in the course of the game. At the beginning, in the middle, maybe even at the end. You've got gameplay tools to help manage that relationship with the wildlife, but sometimes guns are the tool you use.

I get the impression that all 3 affinities will kill aliens. The main difference is that it will actually be more beneficial for Harmony to kill them.

Looking forward to know more about this tools!

If so, then there is somewhere between +50% growth and 'instant city' that is balanced

(I just like that India is the city spammer this time, and Africa is the supertall cities)

Making one bonus more powerful makes them more interesting and different.

I would give Kavitha an additional +50% production towards Clinics and Old Earth Relics. It builds on their rapid development bonus and gives them a nice early game boosts but isn't a big deal in the late game.

Ah. Now I'm curious as to the other tools. How do you keep the wildlife happy while you seek to build improvements on their nests.?

I would give Kavitha an additional +50% production towards Clinics and Old Earth Relics. It builds on their rapid development bonus and gives them a nice early game boosts but isn't a big deal in the late game.

Better would be

Settlers can build at pop 1
Growth continues while building Settlers
+50% for building Settlers

Top Bottom