The Democratic Caliphate.

I love them :D

I decided to bring the flag topic here for 2 reasons:

1st - The thread didn't get any new stuff for quite some time already

2nd - I hope Knoedel is faster to answer here then on the Shura group :lol:

So here is the delayed work on Sham's flag. Sorry for this delay, but adhiraj and I are working on a game project which is taking a lot of time from us.

@Knoedel
Tell me what you like and what you dislike and/or changes that can be done to any of the options presented below so we can reach the best design in your opinion. There are 5 designs that I came up with, based on the ideas from you, adhiraj and caterpillar.

1st - Just getting adhiraj's idea of adding a dhow and moving the big star upwards as you suggested:
Spoiler :

2nd - By adhiraj's suggestion, change the big star for 3 smaller stars above the ship:
Spoiler :

3rd - By Caterpillar's suggestion, getting the previous design and putting our holy symbol in the upper-middle instead of upper-right:
Spoiler :

4th and 5th - These just add a circle field around the muslim symbol in the middle because I felt it was strange to see it in the previous design:
Spoiler :

I hope we can get your official flag as soon as possible, for then I'll release my Master Map Project :D

Love it :thumbsup: I like the black circle one.

The black circle is the best.

guys stop being so racist

Spoiler :
though in all honesty, the black circle is best

*A wild joker appears*

*A wild joker appears*

you've no idea, this lil fella here is nick from arizona, and he's good a friend of mine :mischief:

edit: hit 12:00 am right on the dot, what are the odds of that

edit2: oh, and he made polandball forum
if your interested or like polandball then feel free to check out the link
http://polandball.boards.net/

I like the fourth one.

In the process of making Interactiveness something more interesting and easier to deal with, I'm realeasing now the 1st version of my Master Map.

For now my intention is to let the players and readers have a better interface to seek the information from the game/story itself. Expansions to the Master Map will be included as new ideas come from our discussions and gameplay, so your experience with it becomes even better.

What I'm going to post here is a file with the extension .kmz, which can be opened by 2 different programs: Google Maps or Google Earth. This project was done on Google Earth and works perfectly there. The same can't be said for Google Maps, but anyone can test it (as anyone has access to Google Maps) and see how it looks like there. I'll try to solve the problems with Google Maps that I've seen already in my test, but I really recommend getting Google Earth for now.

Also, since January/2015, Google Earth Pro is available for free, so go there and download it, it's an incredible program, especially to those that like maps.

I wanted to present you this project with a video, but I still didn't understand how to properly use the navigation and camera commands on Google Earth, so this will have to wait.

Current Features of the Master Map:

- Each Province of the Caliphate with its territory is shown on the World Globe;
- Each Province has its own flag when you click on its territory;
- Each City of the Caliphate is marked on the globe;
- Each City shows which units are currently there when you click on their marks;
- :strength: icons show the location of units that are outside any city, and when clicked you may check which units are there;
- :move: icons are equal to the :strength:, but means that there are only workers;
- A sailing ship icon follows the same idea of both previous icons, but shows only Ships;
- Our only Vassal, the Peruvian Emirate, is also shown like a province in this.

Already Planned and Under Construction Features:

- Each city will show which buildings it already has and more info from the City Screen;
- Foreign Nations will be shown just like the Provinces of the Caliphate, but with less information;

You may get the Zip file in the end of this post. To open it you need to extract its files with Winzip, Winrar or something similar. A .kmz file is inside. To open it with Google Earth, be sure to have installed Google Earth already and then just double click the .kmz file and it'll open on Google Earth. To open it with Google Maps, you may need some further instructions that I don't remember exactly.

I hope you like it and please give me your feedback about it. Anything is welcome.

Spoiler :
I used CFC's unit icons for the units, but the Bombard Icon isn't part of Vanilla BtS, so instead I used an AOEIII icon. I plan to host these images in the future, but for now this is the solution I adopted

Attachments

• Caliphate v1.0.zip
    188.8 KB · Views: 182
Holy everything. This is... :O
It's... um... :faint:

You should seriously think about making money off of this type of stuff :lol:

Top Bottom