High Society Mafia: Game Thread

interesting that you're putting it to another tie

personally i'd rather not lynch someone who didn't vote me in the initial rush

especially when it would be all to easy for classical to hide there

Landlubber is a very weak lynch. If he was mafia then he or a scum buddy would probably have voted me or KM on D2. FOS on everybody on the Landlubber wagon that is appearing out of nowhere. Visor is a much more interesting lynch.

all four are true i'm afraid

i am actually pretty tired of networking even though i toned it down last game

i'm also burnt out from randing scum on a 2+2 mishmash which required a lot of attention

oh and ive been staying up till 3 am to watch the ashes so there is that

We sorta need to step up our game here as well

I was hoping to take a backseat role after haters on 2+2 and the NOTW
Both of these posts I read as preparing an excuse for a game with a lower profile with less attention on himself.

i trust one of the friends so he's off the hook for now
Why would your trust in this friend of yours be so strong on a mere day three of the game? Why isn't it also possible you're being lied to? Like scum do all the time in every mafia game?

Landlubber is a very weak lynch. If he was mafia then he or a scum buddy would probably have voted me or KM on D2. FOS on everybody on the Landlubber wagon that is appearing out of nowhere. Visor is a much more interesting lynch.

Both of these posts I read as preparing an excuse for a game with a lower profile with less attention on himself.

Why would your trust in this friend of yours be so strong on a mere day two of the game? Why isn't it also possible you're being lied to? Like scum do all the time in every mafia game?

Is it fair to hold me to the same sort of play I showed in the NOTW?

And the claim the friend made is something that I don't expect him to make as scum. It makes no sense.

Is it fair to hold me to the same sort of play I showed in the NOTW?

And the claim the friend made is something that I don't expect him to make as scum. It makes no sense.
No but your need to point it out in two posts is suspicious.

Not even if BSmith was a scum-buddy he has trying to save? So I presume this friend of yours isn't JHT but your other contact?

Not even if BSmith was a scum-buddy he has trying to save? So I presume this friend of yours isn't JHT but your other contact?

I'm not telling you who the friend is and stop trying to weasel it out of me. That's not information that everyone needs to know.

No but your need to point it out in two posts is suspicious.

They're two completely different circumstances. One is affirming JHT's suspicions about why I haven't been that active this game.

The other is lamenting that the thread isn't as active as it probably could be and that I do not wish to lead again like I did in NOTW.

interesting that you're putting it to another tie

There was not much time and I wasn’t sure that I could get back online and change anything before the end of the day. Given that you have come around somewhat I didn’t want to leave you in a tie situation. I am also not sold on sending landlubber to the brig, so that left classical, who frankly I don’t mind sending to the brig.

johnhughthom
askthepizzaguy

Well, if we believe that the landlubber lynch is weak, and that classical is playing similarly to NOTW, there is enough of us here to lynch an alternative player.

Final Tally
landlubber (3) - Visorslash, Askthepizzaguy, robbiecon
classical_hero (3) - Autolycus, Takhisis, BSmith1068
Visorslash (2) - Snerk, landlubber
BSmith1068 (1) - classical_hero
robbiecon (1) - Zack

Not voting: johnhughthom, Backwards Logic

Evening Three

Denied their day onshore at Albenga, the mood amongst the passengers of the Herculina began to grow restless. Where the previous day, the guests of Lady Weston-Hogues had seemed reluctant to take issue with one another, now the accusations began in earnest.

In the final reckoning, it was the sage counsel of the Author which won out. As the writer of more than a thousand detective stories, she claimed a special insight into the criminal mind, and set forth the case that the Playboy had been driven to murder the Explorer and the Actress because they were better looking than him.

Duly convinced, Lady Weston-Hogues ordered the guilty party to be locked in the hold. Nobody was surprised when Captain McGinty returned a few moments later to announce, after a slightly shorter pause this time, that the prisoner had slipped and fallen on the same miscellaneous harpoon that did for the Bishop. Nor were they surprised when their host revealed that...

Spoiler :
landlubber was Town

Night has fallen. Send orders where applicable and continue talking in private as permitted.

1. Zack (The Tycoon)
2. MartinLuther (The Explorer) Shot N1
3. KingMorgan (The Bishop) Impaled D2
4. landlubber (The Playboy) Impaled D3
5. robbiecon (The Author)
6. johnhughthom (The Duchess)
7. Takhisis (The Socialite)
8. Visorslash (The General)
9. askthepizzaguy (The Politician)
10. Snerk (The Professor)
11. Autolycus (The Judge)
12. choxorn (The Actress) Shot N2
13. classical_hero (The Artist)
14. BSmith1068 (The Diplomat)
15. Backwards Logic (The Banker)

Time Remaining: [TIMER=08/28/2015 03:00 PM UTC+1; Night Three has ended.][/TIMER]​

I'm having to stretch out the phases to fit with when I'll be available to update, so tonight will last until Friday, and the following day will last until Monday. After that, I should be able to stick to a standard 48/24.

Morning Four

Lady Weston-Hogues was waiting for her guests as they emerged onto the deck of the Herculina. 'We shall go ashore today' she said, firmly and with purpose. 'Never mind that there's still a murderer loose among us, I will not spend another minute cooped up on this yacht. I'm told that Isola Gallinara has some lovely clifftop walks and all manner of mysterious caves to explore...'

'What's that?' she replied when someone inquired about the latest absentee. 'Oh, I'm afraid so. Shot by a lone assassin, as is often the way for men of his profession. All that courting of popularity does tend to make one enemies of the more violent kind. I can announce, however, that he was in possession of one of the items I gifted at the start of the game.' In her hand, Lady Weston-Hogues held a small ornamental compass. 'Goodbye, Mr Holden' she said, tossing the item into the sea with a casual flick of her wrist.

'Now, everyone be sure to wear good sturdy shoes. I don't want to hear that anyone has slipped and fallen off a cliff...'

Spoiler :
Askthepizzaguy (The Politician) was Town
He had The Sailor’s Compass

1. Zack (The Tycoon)
2. MartinLuther (The Explorer) Shot N1
3. KingMorgan (The Bishop) Impaled D2
4. landlubber (The Playboy) Impaled D3
5. robbiecon (The Author)
6. johnhughthom (The Duchess)
7. Takhisis (The Socialite)
8. Visorslash (The General)
9. askthepizzaguy (The Politician) Shot N3
10. Snerk (The Professor)
11. Autolycus (The Judge)
12. choxorn (The Actress) Shot N2
13. classical_hero (The Artist)
14. BSmith1068 (The Diplomat)
15. Backwards Logic (The Banker)

*You may vote in bold green to increase one player’s social influence in the group.

*You may also vote in bold red to decrease another player’s influence.

*You may vote in bold blue to lock someone in the hold.

Time Remaining: [TIMER=08/31/2015 03:00 PM UTC+1; Day Four has ended][/TIMER]

So, Mr. Winston, if I bold my name in purple, like this (Takhisis), do I get to keep that Compass?
Fos: Zack, what was the politician doing in your room? He did say something about your pants, and I don't judge a sufficiently wealthy potential husband's eccentricities, but, I'm curious nonetheless.

Also, why is everyone else even more late than I am?

Robbiecon claims he hasn't got an item/ability. I don't suppose anybody has seen him out and about?

So, Mr. Winston, if I bold my name in purple, like this (Takhisis), do I get to keep that Compass?
Fos: Zack, what was the politician doing in your room? He did say something about your pants, and I don't judge a sufficiently wealthy potential husband's eccentricities, but, I'm curious nonetheless.
What are you talking about?

Top Bottom