Mafia: Information, Announcements, and Discussion

nah I was bringing up my most important characteristic: the art of being easily confused

One NotW, one Mafia, minimafias if you like. Join at your own peril.

Sign ups for Pirate Ship Mafia III are now open over at the org. Should be a great game for those that are unaware. Go on over and sign up and tell 'em I sent ya.

Tell em I sent ya and we'll use visor's intestines for bait!

Tell 'em I sent ya Visor's intestines!

Tell 'em I sent ya Intestine's Visor!

Arrr I be thinkin' of murderin' ye fer crimes agin' honorrr. Or better yet, stealin' yer treasure as a fine for yer crimes. Arrr!

Zack, wanna repeat the 1-2 from last time?

No, tell'em someone who hasn't joined yet sent you! That will help make'em join! Or tell them I sent you, that would be luvveryly as well.

I might just have you assassinated on the very last night after talking you into appointing my heir, but you're not supposed to know that.

Cool game, bro. Even cooler by my living and winning. :hatsoff:

Random thoughts - similar to what I mentioned in RD about giving players something to discuss there is another mechanic I feel deserves revisiting.

Some of you might remember Holy Crusade (Probably only Mat or BSmith). That game had a mechanic where players would travel to different lands and they would have different effects depending on where they went. Now, I reckon that'd be a good mechanic to combine with a CYOA style mafia game, which has already proven to be rather popular.

If you combine some sort of open ended story where paths might have effects on the game - I think that could create some kind of compelling game.

Personally I think it'd be at home in a NOTW style game.

Top Bottom