Bug Reports and Technical Issues

>Be Spain
>Build Fort on hill south of Barcelona shortly before or around the time it would be claimed by my culture anyway because it might come in handy against the Moors
>Change my mind, replace it with a mine later on
>Suddenly the hill 1 southwest of it is unowned, is in Moorish core and was previously owned by them
>Turns pass and the tile remains unclaimed
>trollface.jpg
>Decide to build a fort of my own on the unclaimed hill before the Moors get it back
>Upon completion of fort it and the tile it is on are suddenly Moorish again and my workers get kicked out immediately.
>You are welcome for the free Fort I guess, Abd-ar Rahman

That is not one, but two bugs in one: One, replacing my fort with a mine turning a neighboring Moorish tile into an unowned one, two, having a fort immediately flip to my biggest rival the second it is finished.

The 224 autosave is from right when a worker is about to replace my first fort with a mine, the 216 autosave from a few turns before, hopefully before I built the fort in the first place. Oh and it's from Dawn of Knoedel, but it can't possibly be due to anything I did seeing as I only changed XML files and didn't even touch any actual code.

I rolled an American start with a barbarian Philadelphia. I moved my starting settlers and units to the West (through Spanish territory - I love the fact that you don't need Open Borders if you don't have any cities yet, by the way!!!) and then on the 2nd turn captured Philadelphia to make it my capitol. Of course, 5 turns anarchy so it's not "IDEAL" that way, but whatever. Anyway, I didn't get my starting workers. Is this because I didn't found my capitol on the spot, or is it just an issue with capturing your first city instead of founding it?

I have a slave in the Washington area. When I settle the slave on the tobacco the game crashes.

Attachments

• Asoka AD-1505 Turn 282.CivBeyondSwordSave
    978.3 KB · Views: 42
The Eiffel Tower has no effect; my Great Engineer says I need 2 more GP to start a Golden Age (consumes 4).
Spoiler :
I have another GP already, that's why it says it needs 2 more.

Playing as America I had founded Vancouver on West Coast. Canada spawned and even though it's not reflected in the flip-zone map, Canada asked for it on the 2nd turn.
Then a totally weird thing happened - I was also prompted to relinquish control of St John's. Obviously that city is in the flip zone, but the weird thing was that England had been the only owner of that city at least from the point of America's spawn.
Anyway, because of these surprises I refused the flip (probably 4 out of 5 times I agree to the flip and then just reconquer whatever I gave up and more.) For whatever reason Canada didn't declare war on me!?
I know that the pop up text says "refusal may lead to war" (my emphasis) but until this happened the AI has always declared war on a refusal of the flip.

I get a CTD when I capture the Incan capital

Attachments

• Asoka AD-1390 Turn 260.CivBeyondSwordSave
    886.7 KB · Views: 42
Noted. I think I can take some time to address the bug reports that have accumulated over the last days.

in 1.13, I've encountered a weird spawn bug about Brazil, they spawned without any techs and they didn't flipped any cities. but since I didn't notice this till I meet them I don't have an autosave. I only have a save from 4 turns before the spawn, but it might not produce same results since I didn't check it myself.

I cannot reproduce this, the spawn goes through without problems for me.

After choosing to play Colombia in 1700 AD, saving, leaving the game, and loading the save -- all 3 goals appear failed. This is very reproducible bug, so, honestly, no particular user's generated save is needed to discover the issue I am talking about... :badcomp:
Sorry, but it does not reproduce for me. Started a game as Colombia, saved, quit, loaded again and all goals were still available.

Do you have Python exceptions enabled, and if so, did anything show up?

I get a CTD when I capture the Incan capital
On v1.13, I can capture Qusqu without a crash. If you are on Git, can you give me the revision hash ("Show log")?

Could it be this one under "Show log"?

b6be085

I guess it is my new laptop with Windows 10 that is causing it. I have never hade these kind of problems on my desktop with Windows 7.

That's it, thanks.

Technically not a bug, but a grammar mistake:

The Civilopedia entry for Mohawks has a "there" where a "their" is supposed to be. Then again there's also plenty of Civilopedia articles that consist entirely of TXT_KEY_SOMETHING_SOMETHING, but I still thought I should let you know.

That's what pull requests are for. You can fix on your own copy, do a pull request and Leoreth can merge them.

Yes yes I get it, Git is super awesomazing. :rolleyes:

Hallo!

I receive a repeated CTD in my last game with the v1.13 (non-git-version).

The game crashes at the beginning of the player turn (turn of the autosave file). Error messages says something about an appcrash.

Thanks again for your great work!:)

P.S.: I didn't get any free workers in this game. Intended?
Interestingly, this crash does only reproduce when all modules are installed. Could be an issue with VD.

For some bizarre reason, Phoenicia is never settling Carthage correctly, which prevents it from ever relocating the capital out of Tyre.

So far my only solution is to go into WorldBuilder, put a peak 1S from the spawn location, and then remove it next turn. Is there anything that would cause this bizarre AI behavior?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    356.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    354.3 KB · Views: 81
I think I can adjust their settler values.

Top Bottom