CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

@Enginseer

It seems the number of "dummy policies" added in E&D is steadily rising. I'd like to warn against this however, as there seems to be a hard core limit of 250 policies in the game (Link). When this number is exceeded you can no longer load scenarios as CiV will crash with a runtime error.

Right now we have 293 policies when using CBP+RtP+E&D :(

\Skodkim

So regular E&D?

\Skodkim

If using RtP, you must use the vanilla E&D. In fact, next RtP update will block the CBP E&D. Perhaps in the future, when development for CBP E&D and RtP has cooled, I'll look at adding support.

@Enginseer

It seems the number of "dummy policies" added in E&D is steadily rising. I'd like to warn against this however, as there seems to be a hard core limit of 250 policies in the game (Link). When this number is exceeded you can no longer load scenarios as CiV will crash with a runtime error.

Right now we have 293 policies when using CBP+RtP+E&D :(

\Skodkim

Phew. And that's not including the 200~ policies I add with Sovereignty :p

On a side note CBP+RtP+"regular E&D" is 289 policies and that also causes a ctd.

Using CBP+RtP only we have "only" 253 which works.

\Skodkim

If using RtP, you must use the vanilla E&D. In fact, next RtP update will block the CBP E&D. Perhaps in the future, when development for CBP E&D and RtP has cooled, I'll look at adding support.

Phew. And that's not including the 200~ policies I add with Sovereignty :p

I'm planning that by version 8, the development of morality should be finished.

On a side note CBP+RtP+"regular E&D" is 289 policies and that also causes a ctd.

\Skodkim

Sukritact's dummy policies can't be removed without having some major revamp of the code. As those dummy policies have unique properties that dummy buildings don''t have. WHoward is our only savior now for the solution.

I was fixing E&D months ago but got bored with Civ 5. Now I'm thinking about finishing it and saw this thread.
Here is what I did:
Tested and fixed every random event. To balance things I got rid of static numbers in outcome results. Now rewards you get depend on your culture, gold etc.
Sandstorm event replaced with Ancient Ruins Discovered event.
Struck Oil event replaced with Resource Found event.
New color for negative outcomes.
No events use Sukritact_ChangeResearchProgress. It was crashing the game.
Added GetCityNearestToPlot method.
Added GetRandomMilitaryUnit method. This one needs testing. Sometimes it does not return anything.

Attachments

• Events and Decisions (3-30) fix.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 122
Got the ancient device event on turn 1. chose moral option -> CTD (nothing in lua log)
Restarted, got it again. chose evil option -> no problems

moral of the story, always choose the evil option

Got the ancient device event on turn 1. chose moral option -> CTD (nothing in lua log)

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

No decisions for Greece comes up, I just noticed. Events still work, and Decisions show up for 5 other Civs that I just randomed (including modded ones).

\Skodkim
Noted, will convert most of E&D's dummy policies to PlayerDoTurn events. Although, it might be glitchy or dangerous to do so..

I was fixing E&D months ago but got bored with Civ 5. Now I'm thinking about finishing it and saw this thread.
Here is what I did:
Tested and fixed every random event. To balance things I got rid of static numbers in outcome results. Now rewards you get depend on your culture, gold etc.
Sandstorm event replaced with Ancient Ruins Discovered event.
Struck Oil event replaced with Resource Found event.
New color for negative outcomes.
No events use Sukritact_ChangeResearchProgress. It was crashing the game.
Added GetCityNearestToPlot method.
Added GetRandomMilitaryUnit method. This one needs testing. Sometimes it does not return anything.

Will take that to the editor.

I'm suspecting crime hasn't been installed yet at turn 0 so it comes up weird when attempting to manipulate crime that hasn't existed yet.

No decisions for Greece comes up, I just noticed. Events still work, and Decisions show up for 5 other Civs that I just randomed (including modded ones).

Noted.

Before this whole thing goes live, I'd like to offer an opinion. I'm against the idea that I have to commit to a certain moral alignment that gives me a penalty in a certain area, such as reduced growth (is this population or tile gain?) or reduced production, the middle ground being taking the middle choice and living with whatever penalty that it gives. Having a Civ with which you want production, but having all the choices you want to take being aligned with the morality that gives you a penalty in production, doesn't make it feel good. I think you should remove the penalty and instead focus on what perk being Benevolent or Malevolent comes with, such as increased growth or increased production, or decrease their potency if you think there isn't enough of a penalty to offset it. When you have to choose between 15% production or growth, there is already a penalty in itself since others who chose the other alignment will have either better production or growth than you.
If you want to stick with your numbers, how about an option to turn off Morality?

Also, there's an issue with E&D and custom Civ mods, where if they replace the Palace with a UB Palace (even with SQL so that the Palace has all of the stats of the CBP Palace), it doesn't end up having 2 Magistrates. Is there a solution to this on your end, or how can I manually add two magistrates for the UB Palace?

Before this whole thing goes live, I'd like to offer an opinion. I'm against the idea that I have to commit to a certain moral alignment that gives me a penalty in a certain area, such as reduced growth (is this population or tile gain?) or reduced production, the middle ground being taking the middle choice and living with whatever penalty that it gives. Having a Civ with which you want production, but having all the choices you want to take being aligned with the morality that gives you a penalty in production, doesn't make it feel good. I think you should remove the penalty and instead focus on what perk being Benevolent or Malevolent comes with, such as increased growth or increased production, or decrease their potency if you think there isn't enough of a penalty to offset it. When you have to choose between 15% production or growth, there is already a penalty in itself since others who chose the other alignment will have either better production or growth than you.
If you want to stick with your numbers, how about an option to turn off Morality?

Also, there's an issue with E&D and custom Civ mods, where if they replace the Palace with a UB Palace (even with SQL so that the Palace has all of the stats of the CBP Palace), it doesn't end up having 2 Magistrates. Is there a solution to this on your end, or how can I manually add two magistrates for the UB Palace?

I went away with the moral alignment giving penalties. Instead, benevolence produces Great Person Generation +% (20% max) in each of your cities and malevolence grants Great General/Admiral Points. (+10 max) per city.

For E&D and Custom civ, I'll try and do a SQL trigger that triggers on all civilization that have a custom palace.

I went away with the moral alignment giving penalties. Instead, benevolence produces Great Person Generation +% (20% max) in each of your cities and malevolence grants Great General/Admiral Points. (+10 max) per city.

For E&D and Custom civ, I'll try and do a SQL trigger that triggers on all civilization that have a custom palace.

Those benevolence/malevolence perks sound really good and frankly better than the previous perks. They fit thematically and it's not something you feel like you are penalized from Turn 1 for.

Why points instead of percent for Great Generals and Admirals though? Doesn't 10 points per city sound like a lot?

I appreciate the SQL trigger you are making, but isn't there a way to add Magistrates to buildings using XML/SQL? Or is it something too roundabout/complicated?

See obsolete code located in CoreDecisions.sql, so what you could do is go into an SQL file and insert:
Code:
INSERT INTO Building_ResourcePerEra 	
			(BuildingType, 									ResourceType,			Quantity, 	InitialQuantity)
VALUES
			('BUILDING_SOMETHING', 						'RESOURCE_MAGISTRATES',	1, 			3);

The malevolence is essentially short-term orientation while benevolence rewards long-term orientation. So, 10 great general points per city is actually powerful if you are the kind of a malevolent civilization conquering cities around whereas a static +20% GPP where GPP production is low in certain cities won't affect you much at all. Nonetheless, the GPP threshold for General and Admiral gets higher and higher to a point where the 10 GPP per city is irrelevant if you do not go conquering cities.

Also for the next version, I'm looking to aim toward ideological decisions based on your moral alignment (Don't worry if you switch ideology, your decisions will be unenacted and you will get a new set of ideological decisions based on your new ideology!)

I like where this is going. I'll keep using it and test it for bugs and whatnot.

On another note, what are World Events? Are they just Civ specific events that happen elsewhere and I get a notification for it?

I like where this is going. I'll keep using it and test it for bugs and whatnot.

On another note, what are World Events? Are they just Civ specific events that happen elsewhere and I get a notification for it?

Pretty much.

So I was playing as the Mongols and after settling many cities, I decide one more cannot hurt... got a decision and chose the plus 1 happiness + 2 morality and my game crashed :( my heart was broken... using the last CP version released on 3/18.

So I was playing as the Mongols and after settling many cities, I decide one more cannot hurt... got a decision and chose the plus 1 happiness + 2 morality and my game crashed :( my heart was broken... using the last CP version released on 3/18.

It's recommended that you autosave every 20 turn as said by Sukritact. However, this has been reported before. I will find out why it does a CTD.

save every 20 turns! what year is this!!!!:mischief::mischief:
hahaha
just kidding...I'll do that from now on
funny enough, the AI is better with this mod and does much better in lower difficulties:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• I don't know, there's too much added.
  • Two events will be unlocked at Philosophy and Civil Service which can dictate your morality of the empire without relying on randomness of luck.
  • Removed any references to Sukritact's ChangeResearchProgress(Apparently this causes CTD).
  • India's Script decision now grants culture and science based on the output of the city rather than the population of the city.
  • Fixed UU's common errors.

Link (v 6)

Top Bottom