Pre-order Civ6

I don't think the DLC model was particularly unpopular in the end. It was only unpopular in the beginning because it was thought it precluded expansions. If it instead allows some extra time to create a good first expansion, as was the case with Civ5, then DLC seems a great idea.
Nope. We all kinda got used to it. All publishers does it now and have been doing it for years. That is why people gave in to the Civilization 5 DLC business model. And Steam sales kinda help people who were at first reluctant to purchase them.

£50 seems rather steep just for the regular game (on PC). I'm interested in learning more about that soundtrack though.

Call me crazy - I'll pre-order. I'm expecting bugs and imbalance day 1, but don't see an advantage waiting for a patch - I don't think it will go on sale that quickly, and I'd like to start playing ASAP.

Surprised it's top seller though - is there any advantage doing it now (as opposed to 10/20)?

Call me crazy - I'll pre-order. I'm expecting bugs and imbalance day 1, but don't see an advantage waiting for a patch - I don't think it will go on sale that quickly, and I'd like to start playing ASAP.

Surprised it's top seller though - is there any advantage doing it now (as opposed to 10/20)?

Hype. I'd say it's the hype.

It's like a zit, you pop it and it's great relief. We knew something was coming since those two sources and general time and I think most people were simply anticipating the jump (me included)

I preordered Civ IV and V and was not disappointed.

I preordered Civ BE and was very disappointed.

I'm going to give them another chance at the preorder. They can't mess up a main line game in the series, can they...

After BE, I'll be waiting for some more information, and maybe some more look at the art assist before I put down my money for a preorder.

I was very disappointed with civ5, and in general I just don't pay full price for games any more. What's the point? Within 12 months everything is half off and I'm so far behind on all the games I purchased last year still.

After BE, I'll be waiting for some more information, and maybe some more look at the art assist before I put down my money for a preorder.

Same here. Not necessarily adverse to preordering, but a little hesitant to shell out $60 on what is still a bit of a gamble. We'll see, I guess.

Probably not at this point. I will buy most likely on release day. First I have to learn a lot more about system specs, game mechanics, mod support, and so on. Information will be fed to us like a slow IV as usual.

The Digital Deluxe Edition is $100 cdn on Steam.

I'm not phased by bugs or 'launch problems' as I've faced those since Civ3, and launch week was always the craziest time as I marathon games while providing direct feedback to the developers hunting down issues and taking feedback.

My best memories remain from Civ3 days when Soren himself posted here and at Apolyton and we were discussing how his 'learning AI' city governors appear to not be working as intended and he gave a really technical answer about unit types etc but tHe did eventually go back and fixed a few things so they became stickier in the kinds of units they would pick for you and wouldn't switch randomly between units because the game considered a building or unit as being in the same theme as something completely unrelated I just built.

Back on topic, a bit torn. I actually wanted to start a topic about it.

I felt like the Digital Deluxe edition is the way to go, but it's hard to justify that price when the 4 bundled discount DLCs were supposed to get is unkown. The soundtrack is nice, but I was hoping for more bonuses for $100+ deluxe package. Am I asking too much?

I mean Civ5 had a collector's edition. I was hoping for something like that for 6.

I have preordered Civ V and all of its expansions. Did the same with BE, though that was a huge disappointment. I know it makes sense to wait, but I want to play it as soon as it launches and, while I have money to purchase it now, I am not sure I will by October.

I have preordered Civ V and al of its expansions. Did the same with BE, though that was a huge disappointment. I know it makes sense to wait, but I want to play it as soon as it launches and, while I have money to purchase it now, I am not sure I will by October.

If you buy it on release you will be able to find a much more competitive price than £50.

I mean Civ5 had a collector's edition. I was hoping for something like that for 6.
Yeah, that's going to make the decision for me. I got that for Civ5. While the game itself was disappointing on launch (I only liked it once G+K hit), I never regretted getting the CE, the art book alone was worth it.

If you buy it on release you will be able to find a much more competitive price than £50.

Well, I live in Brazil, so the the price of the dollar compared to my own currency might change the price. Besides, as I said, I have money right now, not sure I'll have any by then.

Have to say Im a bit wary of pre-ordering as I bought Civ V on release and we all know that was pretty dull until the expansions started rolling out.

Civ VI seems like it isn't going to make that mistake though to be fair.

I preordered Civ IV and V and was not disappointed.

I preordered Civ BE and was very disappointed.

I'm going to give them another chance at the preorder. They can't mess up a main line game in the series, can they...

Well, but there is a big difference between civ6 and BE. Civ6 is being led by Ed Beach who is a veteran of the civ series and has proven himself with the G&K and BNW expansions for civ5. BE was led by 2 young and inexperienced developers. So a civ6 pre-order is less risky IMO.

Top Bottom