[LP] Leader Pass: Great Negotiators Technical Issues

Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.
There has been a few technical hiccups today with the Leader Pass roll-out. Be aware that Firaxis is working on the issue and hopefully will have it solved today. If you need help or have a question concerning today's game update please post in this thread.

Just a brief recap:
  • If you had successfully linked Steam to a 2K account you should have had a queued download on Steam for 229.25MB that appeared around 11am PT.
  • A second download of 2.88GB should have been available shortly thereafter. However, this download caused several issues like reverting the game to a much earlier version, missing/deleted NFP DLC packs, inability to start the game, etc.
  • A follow-up hotfix dowload of 5.04GB was then available shortly thereafter, which restored all the missing content in addition to adding the new content from the Great Negotiators pack.
  • Since the Leader Pass requires certain DLC to be in your Steam library in order to activate, Firaxis is currently working through everyone's library to determine if those conditions are met.
Keep in mind the following:
  • To check for queued dowloads you should completely exit out of Steam and then restart the app.
  • This should be a temporary blip, but hopefully will be corrected for everyone ASAP.
  • It is advised that you NOT purchase the Leader Pass DLC if it is not showing in your library whether you believe you've met the requirements or not. At least until everything shakes out.
  • The only thing you can do at this point is check Steam periodically by exiting and restarting to see if the Leader Pass is activated and in your library (i.e. you now "own" it).
You can check your library in one of two ways. The first, is to right-click on Sid Meier's Civilization VI in your Steam library, left-click on Properties, and then left-click on DLC. That will give you a list of all Civ 6 content in your library. The second, is to left click on Sid Meier's Civilization VI in your Steam library, left-click on DLC in the new window, and then scroll down to view all the Civ 6 DLC content and prices - ones in your library will have a blue banner that says "In library".

*Edit 11/21 - According to this tweet for the official Civ account, the fix for the Great Negotiators pack is slowly being rolled out to eligible accounts. It may take some time, but if you want to contact 2K support directly, you can submit a support ticket here -

*Edit 11/22 - It seems the roll-out has continued throughout the day and many people are now showing the Great Negotiators pack in their library without having to do any kind of work-around. However, if you are still waiting, @pokiehl posted the following info from Reddit that you may wish to try.

Saw this on a Reddit post and it's worked for me and a few others.

OK, if you go to the Steam page where it says "Buy Sid Meier's Civilization VI Anthology BUNDLE", then you should see Add to Cart has turned into Add to account. I just did this and got the Great Negotiator DLC!

Try it if you haven't gotten it yet.

Last edited:
Yeah, the hiccups of a bloody elephant. That's why there were so many craters. :p /s

Jokes aside, I feel for the interns. Here they are excited for their first work at Firaxis being released, and we instead get the Hurricane Katrina of updates. :V

Yeah, the hiccups of a bloody elephant. That's why there were so many craters. :p /s

Jokes aside, I feel for the interns. Here they are excited for their first work at Firaxis being released, and we instead get the Hurricane Katrina of updates. :V
Never let the interns handle a launch while you leave early for Thanksgiving.

Have every single DLC, downloaded the patch and have Julius Caesar but nothing else. Weird. Shows I need to buy the Leader Pass DLC even though I am linked to my 2K account via Steam.

Similarly to everyone else, I got Caesar, but no leaders. I also don't appear to own anthology on steam, but it costs 0, so I'll "buy" that and see what happens...

As of now, I had only the 229.25MB part download, no other appeared...
Of course I have the Anthology bought about a week ago...
You probably managed to avoid getting the rollback version

So, it relased, which was about 229 MB.

Then it updated to a VERY older version

and updated back which ended up being a 500 MB version.

So, this isn't necessairly the greatest work around, but you can get the Upgrade for free, while also buying something else from Steam Store and checking the two items out (I recommend getting something insignificant, at the very worst, you can refund it, at the very best, you buy a 79 cent DLC for Contraption Maker).

I now have the option to add the anthology in steam for free which includes the leader pass. Unfortunately every time I try, it says "working" and then it fails to complete.

I had a feeling this would happen. I bought the each NFP pack as standalone and when the last one was released, along with the Anthology bundle, I had to contact Steam support to get the persona packs and complete the Anthology. To this day, I get the option "Add to Account" in the bundle, but when I click on it, I have an error on Steam. Somehow it still sees the NFP full pack as a purchasable item, even though the bundle is priced at $ 0,00. I don't know whose fault this is, Steam or Firaxis.

1669074143290.png

1669074228137.png

I now have the option to add the anthology in steam for free which includes the leader pass. Unfortunately every time I try, it says "working" and then it fails to complete.
This has been there for a while,

Add something else to your check out (get something cheap, at the very worst, get a refund), it should procress.

I think it's now even out of 2K's hands, the issue is now Steam not processing 0,00$ carts.

I had a feeling this would happen. I bought the each NFP pack as standalone and when the last one was released, along with the Anthology bundle, I had to contact Steam support to get the persona packs and complete the Anthology. To this day, I get the option "Add to Account" in the bundle, but when I click on it, I have an error on Steam. Somehow it still sees the NFP full pack as a purchasable item, even though the bundle is priced at $ 0,00. I don't know whose fault this is, Steam or Firaxis.

View attachment 645690
View attachment 645691
I have this same issue, I'll just try again tomorrow when I go on steam to get stuff on the sale.

I have this same issue, I'll just try again tomorrow when I go on steam to get stuff on the sale.
If you can wait until Friday, there should be a lot of stuff on sale!

Not looking too good for me. Just got Julius Caesar.

Maybe because I bought the pack at the beginning which included all the initial dlc rather than buying them individually. And Aztecs I got for free after the 3 months I believe.

Top Bottom