Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.0

"Dwarves should have mountainwalk...I have tried it out in a couple of game and played it personally as well...and it worked well and it wasn't an overpower..."

I'm sorry, but if it's not an overpower then you are simply not doing it right. To be able to march your forces across huge amounts of terrain where nothing but flyers will be able to attack them means you can get all your stacks to enemy cities completely unscathed, with no risk of them being finished off if they end up damaged after fighting.

Ha. It's not an overpower really with the use of artillery and the spells. I've really messed up some dwarf stacks in the mod by giving dwarves the ability to cross mountains and knocking them around by sitting next to mountain ranges with fortress and artillery. Unless I'm the dwarves, then it's a huge advantage, because the AI doesn't use a lot of artillery or fortress techniques. I think for that reason in this mod it should be left the way it is. There just aren't enough units that can get after those dwarves in the mountains and the AI is toostupid touse what is available.

Yes, that's my thinking. The human player might be able to stop the dwarfs if they make enough effort, but in AI wars the dwarfs'll have a gross advantage against their opponents. Still, I've requetsed aaglo do a ranger unit which would be allowed over mountains, which might help stop people requesting the change. I don't know if ED will ever change his mind about dwarfs and mountains, but I hope not (From a purely selfish POV)...

Ranger unit would be a good idea. I allow dwarves to cross mountains in mym od, but then so do numerous other units besides the aerial types. It works ok in my mod, but WH is lacking that. Maybe if each civ was given a mountain type unit then it would be such a deal. But as it is now, ED has it right.

I know this is a work in progress, but it sure has way too many errors to call it a completed mod.

I'm running Conquests, installed 2.0 & the new patch. Still I had 3 different errors in the first dozen turns in the game.

What gives? :thumbdown

sourboy said:
I know this is a work in progress, but it sure has way too many errors to call it a completed mod.

I'm running Conquests, installed 2.0 & the new patch. Still I had 3 different errors in the first dozen turns in the game.

What gives? :thumbdown
What errors? I haven't had any WH errors beside beta testing, 2.0 (or 2.02, actually) should be stable as stone. Do you have 1.21? in English?

The one on the first post, I believe it was 2.0 & the 2.02 patch.

Flics were missing two of the times, I forget off hand what the other error was.

I'm sure it's something simple, file not in the right spot or something - but to have a setup utility & all, it should work properly when loaded.

sourboy said:
The one on the first post, I believe it was 2.0 & the 2.02 patch.

Flics were missing two of the times, I forget off hand what the other error was.

I'm sure it's something simple, file not in the right spot or something - but to have a setup utility & all, it should work properly when loaded.
It does work properly on most machines, you don't think embryodead tried it out at home before posting it here? embryodead is the most careful poster I've ever met here at CFC, there's no way he'd let something big slip through, regardless of the fact that you're posting this 6 month after 2.02 was released, and ten (or so) people have betatested it thoroughly.
I ask you again; what errors?

sourboy said:

Leaderheads initially. The files must be in the wrong location or something like that.

Btw, calm down. It's not like I said the mod sucked, but rather that the setup doesn't appear to be solid. Hey, maybe I'm not the only one who's encountered it - maybe I'm the only one who spoke up. In fact, I normally don't speak up about errors anyway, I just move onto the next option. The only reason I said something here is because it's pretty hyped, and the guy said he spent 2 years on it, with numerous others helping. I figured it would be worth the time. Also, so what there's been 10 testers, maybe all 10 had parts of the file prior to. Who knows?

All I'm saying is, I downloaded what looks to be a great mod, and I get a flic error. I reload, and get a different flic error. Then I try once more, managed to get about a dozen turns in - only to get another error. I didn't look at the last one, because quite frankly - it's pretty frustrating getting 3 errors and having to keep reloading - especially when it comes in a shorter amount of time then it took to download this huge project on a high speed cable connection.

Yup, folders loaded to the wrong place. You should really note that on your download post, or enter the alternate location in your scenario properties directory definer.

Obviously a notable issue, but hey, what do I know?

Hm...I had never visit the Genghis Khan site earlier...so I have no idea how it ended up there...

I am very sorry about my grumpy input...

But I still hope for some Ogrekingdom...they seem very fun...

I always play at emporor or demigod level and I have never seen dwarves or Lizardmen succeed...can it be due to the levels...?

sourboy said:
Yup, folders loaded to the wrong place. You should really note that on your download post...
"Someone got an error", yeah, that's a great thing to write in the first post, right? :rolleyes:
If you continue to say "This overhyped mod sucks and is extremely buggy, but I won't try to produce any proof of that" you're not helping in tracking those bugs down.
I'm tired of asking for the specific errors, so I'll leave that to someone with more patience.

Last time someone reported that their leaderheads were in the wrong place, it turned out that they'd tried to copy all the files from another source and put them in the wrong place by themselves, as opposed to just running the download as instructed. Does lightening strike twice, I wonder?

Yeah the installation program worked great. Im just trying to work out why the Trebuchet Error is now coming up on my Normal game. Before you post errors and assume you are correct can you try and wait to see if others had them as well ebfore assuming you are absoloutly correct and ED didnt properly test this mod?

@ Sourboy:
Well, as several others have pointed out, most of the players have not encountered any bugs like the ones you were unspecific about. I personally have never encountered any thing wrong in WH, except from my own little experiments with alterations. ED deserves great respect for his very thorough work. If you have used the set-up utility, then probably your download is flawed. That might be because your not downloading it from the right source, or because your initial downloadiing process was corrupted and you haven't got rid of cached files. I can understand that you're irritated because this is - as you've been told - a great mod, but I ensure you that there is nothing wrong whatsoever with the mod or the set-up utility if properly downloaded.

Go folketsfiende Go! :goodjob:

Yeah, I have also "failed" to download it, but I downloaded it again and, oops, it worked, amazing. Things can happened when you download things. The first thing I do when something like this happen is to check if somebody else have been experiencing the same thing (check the forum) and if not, download it again, then we can (nicely) ask the forum if someone can help.

If the mod was corrupt, shouldn't the other thousand (and thousand) of people that have downloaded it also posted complains about the same thing. As discussed earlier in this thread, it can also be a Conquest version issue and the one to blame for that is the makers of civ3, not Ed.

Hey, we all may make mistakes. Let's not bash people about it :) .
Especially if this thread is over 2000 posts long, which means that not many people are ready/willing to check all those posts if the issue is already discussed :)

I had the same error when I downloaded the mod that sourboy got with leaderheads. I know it was the same because it was every other LH. I made the mistake of extracting everything by hand and put them in the normally correct place, then I noticed that the paths are set to the folder I took them from. Let the mod extract itself, it knows wher to go. ED did it perfect. :).

Hi Guys :goodjob:

I've been following this mod (and others) religiously for some time now and have enjoyed many hours exploring the WH world ... congratulations to all involved with the on-going development of this exciting and sometimes frustrating mod. :)

I was showing this mod to a friend and discovered this graphics glitch in the civilopedia ... just wondering if this is a problem with my downloaded version?

The image in the 'Thrall' entry is extended out of the image box.

I attach a jpeg which will explain better than my bumpling descriptive. :rolleyes:

I have installed both warhammer-mod-2.0 and warhammer-mod-2.02-patch

Anyway as I've finally posted something I guess I'll share some thoughts ... :blush:

I love most of the leaderheads especially the Orcs ... scared the b'jesus out of me and that was when he was being friendly :eek:

Another memorable moment was when, as the Slann, I was going to sacrifice a captured worker and then changed my mind to await the construction of a shrine. I had to laugh out loud when the crowd hissed and jeered their disappointment at me. :lol:

Again thankyou to all involved this trully is a wonderous thing. :goodjob:

Also noticed that when I took a city from one of the Arabian civs, I also captured the Holy War wonder and it still keeps spawning holy warriors :confused: Since the Slann cannot build this wonder should the effect also be nullified when out of the control of the civ that it was designed fo enhance?

Anyway thanks again and cheers

:D

Attachments

• Thrall Error.jpg
    Thrall Error.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 371
Top Bottom